Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would you do this trade?

Would you do this trade?

I would trade RP Eddie Guardado and 1B Derrek Lee for OF Carlos Beltran.

Current Roster:

C: Varitek
    1B: D. Lee
    2B: Durham
    3B: A. Ramirez
    SS: Garciaparra
    OF: L. Gonzalez
    OF: B. Giles
    OF: R. Klesko
    UT: A. Huff
    UT: O. Cabrera
    UT: G. Jenkins
    Bench: J. Gibbons
    Bench: S. Green

SP: J. Schmidt
    SP: M. Prior
    SP: R. Wolf
    SP: J. Pineiro
    SP: J. Vazquez
    RP: K. Foulke
    RP: T. Percival
    P: E. Guardado
    P: C. Vargas

DL: R. Johnson

My team has a LOT of 1B/OF types, but I'm not getting many SB's. Betran would help there. He is also decent for avg, runs, HR and RBI. I would lose Guardado, but could pick up Isringhausen, Julio, or Beck as a replacement if I wanted to keep 3 closers. If I wanted to go with 2 closers, I could pick up J. Beckett, H. Ramirez, or Johan Santana. I think out of all of them, I'd lean toward picking up Santana. Also wanted to ask about my third baseman. I currently have Aramis Ramirez. Do you think I should drop him for Morgan Ensberg, Mark Teixeira, Jose Valentin, or Mark Loretta?

What do you think?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Or how about this one:

I trade: OF Shawn Green, 1B Derrek Lee, 3B Aramis Ramirez, and RP Eddie Guardado

FOR

OF Ichiro Suzuki and OF Bobby Abreu.

The owner I'd be dealing with has D'Angelo Jimenez at 3B, RP Kaz Sasaki, and OF Brian Jordan, and Fred McGriff at 1B, so that is why he'd even consider this trade as he's getting upgrades or replacements at all 3 positions. and getting Shawn Green as a replacement for one of the players he's trading.

Should I do this one. That way I have two spots open to work with. 1 hitter, 1 pitcher. I would HAVE to pick up a 3B as my hitter as I wouldn't have one (Ensberg), and could pick up any pitcher I'd want (Santana) to replace Guardado. My offense would be rediculous:

C Varitek
    1B: Klesko
    2B: Durham
    3B: Ensberg
    SS: Nomar
    OF: L. Gonzalez
    OF: B. Giles
    OF: Ichiro
    UT: B. Abreu
    UT: A. Huff
    UT: O. Cabrera
    Bench: G. Jenkins
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

HE ACCEPTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I traded OF Shawn Green, 3B Aramis Ramirez, 1B Derrek Lee and RP Eddie Guardado for OF Bobby Abreu and OF Ichiro Suzuki.

WOW. I feel great. I got rid of two players that are so inconsistent it's not funny (Lee, Green) and picked up two players that are STUDS. I can pick up Ensberg to play 3B, who's not a downgrade from Ramirez and I can pick up Santana or Isringhausen for Guardado and I still have Percival / Foulke!!!!

Awesome day for my team, I think.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The trade was accepted. This is my new lineup:

C Varitek
    1B Klesko
    2B Durham
    SS Garciaparra
    3B Ensberg
    OF B. Giles
    OF L. Gonzalez
    OF Ichiro
    UT B. Abreu
    UT A. Huff
    UT G. Jenkins
    Bench: O Cabrera

SP J. Schmidt
    SP M. Prior
    SP R. Wolf
    SP J. Pineiro
    SP J. Vazquez
    RP K. Foulke
    RP T. Percival
    P C. Vargas
    P J. Isringhausen

DL R. Johnson

Nice.

I would really like to upgrade at 1B as well but everyone wants Prior / Schmidt + Percival + Klesko for an upgrade at 1st (Delgado, Helton, Giambi)
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Good move. Ichiro and Abreu will solve your SB worries in a hurry. Abreu is always money in the second half.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?