Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The depth chart

Tony must have seen your report as he hit a HR in both ends of a doubleheader today. I've mentioned a few times here that I have been very surprised with Blanco's effort this year. He has more than doubled his walk rate over his best season and he is knocking in runners. I think he is manning 1b just until he recovers but I agree RF would seem to best suit him. If he is for real, he will show more power once he is fully recovered next year and will continue to show plate discipline. I still think it was a poor trade just like the recent Bosox deal, but I realize Blanco is still just 21 and will reserve judgement for now.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Excellent post M2, but I don't know that reading it was less painful than observing the Reds present performance. If your evaluation of the Reds prospects is accurate, the farm system is in an inexcusable mess. I realize the Reds can never have the Yankees player payroll, I realize the Reds have had terrible luck regarding injuries, I've never faulted Jim Bowden for acquiring Griffey, and I will even concede that some trades are certain to fail----but the farm system is the life blood of a team such as the Reds. To have so few good players in the pipeline is inexcusable and is ample justification for Bowden's dismissal, and for the firing of Allen.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Amen to that.

Good work M2. Your analysis confirmed my fears of the state of the farm system. I think the lesson to be learned is that the Reds should stop worrying about near-term competetiveness and rebuild the organization from the ground up. I hope that this is why Bowden was canned, and I hope his replacement is more comfortable with a long-term plan than Jimbo ever was.

It starts with the GM hire. Bring in the best canidate for a small-budget-rebuilding team regardless of the cost. Next Allen/Lindner/Limiteds had better butt when it comes to allocating the budget.; the new GM must be allowed to spend as much of it on the scouting, drafting, signing and developing of players as they see fit.

Excellent work but...

I think your overly pessimistic. Potomac pitchers and GCL catchers aside, the Reds have two young run-producers (Dunn and Kearns), two potential top-of-the-rotation starters (Claussen and Belisle) and some decent peripheral talents.

Ronda will make the majors btw, (think Walt Weiss).

Originally posted by NDRed
    I have nothing to add except- excellent job M2. One of the best posts I have ever seen on this board and that says alot. Now the problem is where do I find it in a year when I want to go back and check who this guy is?
    Check the archives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?