Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls are Evil

This is rather fun.

Here's today's update.

Tuesday night is our bible study (where I met all these people. as an aside, any of you Atlanta people need to come. Good people, great music, and hot chicks. PM me for more info).

ANYWAY

Things were rather strained today, but since this thing just happened yesterday, it was to be expected. The whole lot of us are doing stuff on Friday and saturday night this week, so I'm going to do my best not to act all depressed and stuff.

The past 24 hours have stunk. Not only did all this stuff happen, but I got a freaking speeding ticket today (73 in a 55. EEK!)

I swear, the whole freaking world is against me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All right, gals ... time for some Xs and Os chalkboard talk. What? Wrong sport? Oh well. Wouldn't work anyway.

Seriously, Phil, listen to us gals. Be yourself. The "doing your best to not act all depressed and stuff" is good, but "doing your best to not BE depressed" is better.

As for the Alaska idea ... I don't think this is the time of year to be moving to Alaska ... and by the time it is, maybe the Reds will be fighting and clawing their way to the top of the NL Central, and you wouldn't want to miss that, now would you? At any rate, major life decision made at a time of crisis are usually disastrous.

Raisor,

Stay consistent, consistently be the Phil that she and the group has always liked and enjoyed company with.

Give her time to process the information that you shared with her, without any wants or expectations so you will be calm, relaxed and naturally project your normal confident self.

Kind of like RF62 said, be nice to her and the group as you always have been but don’t shower her with any extra attention, she will come around to you. Cause her to be curious as to why you are not paying extra special attention to her. She will come to you.

Whisper to yourself no wants or expectations

So does one of us get a prize if one of us is right?

Psst, if you have a buddy that you can trust and position him on the other side of the room, to observe if she is glancing or looking at you, you will find out fast if she is interested. People look or women quickly glance and away from objects of interest to them. Watch her non-verbal cues.

Just as long as she doesn't cross her arms to you and point in a different direction when you are near or are talking to her, you're still in the running.

I'm with Phil. Screw the whole dating scene ....... mitosis would be MUCH easier.

As far as women not liking games .......... um ........ I think we invented them.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Originally posted by GAC
    And as much as I liked Roy's piece... does that describe a gladiator or a husband?
    What's the difference?

I can't take credit for it, it was from a speech by Theodore Roosevelt called "The Man in the Arena". The entire text can be found at http://www.leadershipnow.com/tr-citizenship.html (and if you like this piece, I highly recommend the Edmund Morris biography "Theodore Rex").

And Phil, I was in a similar pickle as you, albeit 25 yrs. ago. And I did pretty much as MuEconRedLeg did, was a bit more reserved in my enthusiasm towards her, hung in there, stayed friends, and dated a LOT (and didn't hide it).

And, one day the dam broke and it was a glorious 2 months. Hanging from a chandelier, on the kitchen table, on the living room floor, on my workbench, in an elevator, in the bathtub, on top of the washer, we were very bad.

But then she went off to UT-Austin for grad school, we stayed in touch, pined away for each other for a while, time passed, but then she met someone, I met someone, etc etc. We still stayed in touch, I went to her wedding, she came to mine, but it's down to Christmas cards now.

Women want what they can't have, and you have to withhold your Philness.
    WORD!!!

Or, you could go totally Milhouse on her. Let her walk all over you. When she sees that you'll do anything for her, she's BOUND to respect you!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Phil, if, at the very least, you like this girl as a friend then keep treating her like one of your friends. If you ignore her and she gets pissed at you, then you have even less of a chance with her than you do now. I know it's tough since you laid your heart out for her and she stomped on it but it'll get easier as time goes on. And, who knows, she might reconsider and decide to go out with you. In the meantime, don't pass up any opportunities to date other women. You may think this gal is perfect and the one for you but you two may not be right for each other once you start dating her and get into a relationship. You may find out something about her that would just really turn you off.

Or, if she's a betting woman you could bet her dinner on some piece of trivia. Like Richard Nixon's middle name was "Moe". You bet her it's Moe and when she finds out it's Milhouse, you lose the bet and get to take her out to dinner. Just like Todd Gack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Phil, you kind of missed a key detail in not mentioning the bible study class at the beginning of this whole thread.

If there's one place where you could meet a female and have her immediately stuff you into the platonic friend category, it's bible study class. Now I fully understand that a lot of couples meet at church, but that whole thing I said about women sending fairly obvious signals? That goes out the window in bible study class. There I think you have to proceed from the assumption that she's just talking to you because she considers you to be her buddy.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Originally posted by M2
    Phil, you kind of missed a key detail in not mentioning the bible study class at the beginning of this whole thread.

If there's one place where you could meet a female and have her immediately stuff you into the platonic friend category, it's bible study class. Now I fully understand that a lot of couples meet at church, but that whole thing I said about women sending fairly obvious signals? That goes out the window in bible study class. There I think you have to proceed from the assumption that she's just talking to you because she considers you to be her buddy.
    Ah, but that's the beauty of this bible study. It's not called the METRO meat market for nothing.

Hey! What's wrong with meeting a girl in Bible study? It doesn't mean she is some uptight prude.

It's better than meeting her on a street corner, or in the local bar. Remember your Mom's wise words..."Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been!"

Just be yourself Phil. Don't put up fronts or try to be something that you aren't. If this girl is interested, and the "kharma" is there, then something positive will happen from it.

Don't feel guilty about the relationship you're ending, nor put so much pressure on yourself.

The fact that you are asking yourself questions, and trying to think this thing out, is a very good sign. It's better to do that NOW then to wait till later and have regrets. Don't be so impulsive.

From what I have have gathered so far from this thread, and what you have told us.... you have at least made one right move in realizing the relationship you were in wasn't working, and you therefore have gracefully ended it. Just go from there and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

You should have been in that bar with SC, writerdan, CQ, and myself before a Red's game this summer. We had several women enthralled with our SABR talk on Red's players. They were eating it up!

So as Bill Murray would say.... "So I got that going for me".

I believe you'll land on your feet!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Today's update

Feeling much better today. Not nearly as despressed as I was. "Katie" (I'll call her Katie, because that's her name) and I exchanged emails today, nothing really important, just friendly banter (I did ask if she had a sister).

Originally posted by Raisor
    Ah, but that's the beauty of this bible study. It's not called the METRO meat market for nothing.
    Wild guess, but it sounds like your luck might improve elsewhere. I mean, you did just start a thread called "Girls are Evil" bemoaning your plight with the opposite sex.

I'm pretty sure they've got a better meat market in Buckhead among other places, if that's what you're looking for. All I'm doing is pointing out that a bible study class is one place where a female might be excessively nice to you and not be particularly interested in dating.

I'm pretty sure they've got a better meat market in Buckhead among other places
    Buckhead.........."shudder"........ Zombietown

Originally posted by westofyou
    Buckhead.........."shudder"........ Zombietown
    Weird, I thought they were clones.

Originally posted by M2
    Weird, I thought they were clones.
    zombie clones.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?