Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls are Evil

Originally posted by Doc. Scott
    Not trying to be mean, but it's wise words I done once heard:

No matter how hot she is, there's at least one guy out there who's sick of her crap.

Keep the spirit of it in mind.
    That pretty much sums it up.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Raisor...You should just be happy you're not me.

I had the absolute best girl in the world in the palm of myhand in 1998. Intelligent, stately, demur...Digs good music, and thinks I'm pretty okay looking. At the behest of some friends of mine, she decided to go out with me, and it was a total blast. Good conversation, with a B.S. factor of zero. But bear in mind...I was just 23 or so at the time, and I was utterly clueless as to what was being dumped into my lap by the fates. Iwas a cool guy, popular, living on my own...Women like this were going to be commonplace in my life, right? So I began to get a little "antsy" if you know what I mean. I think in two weeks I kissed her a grand total of five times. Didn't she like me? Who does this girl think I am? Is she leading me on?

So I met this other girl who showed me a "good time" right away.

I ran into Susan at the grocery store a week or so later, and while we were shopping together (can you believe that! I would give my right arm to shop for groceries with her now!), I tell her I met this other girl and well....You get the picture.

I ended up almost marrying this other girl. Luckily it didn't work out. She turned out to be a total drug addict freak, and secretly resented me for not being a total drug addict freak. Game over for her.

In the midst of this "relationship" Susan and I always kept in touch. I found out she had very good reasons for not showing me said "good time", and it made me feel like even more of a jerk.
    Just as soon as my fiance and I split up, she started out on a very long relationship with a guy I know. I mean, it lasted for something like three years. Bad timing!

Now they've split up, and we had some amazing talks...Problem is, she's now a flight attendant living in New York. Oh, she pops in and out of town, and we hang out, but she's always worried about her abusive ex boyfriend trying ram her car, or kill himself every time we hang out. She wants me to come to New York, and stay with her for a couple of days, but I'm busy remodeling my home, and working. I suppose she intends to move back here to Columbus in the future, but it's all so complicated I can't possibly explain it here.

She's absolutely perfect in every way. An absolute angel. I can hardly sleep at night, and no girl I meet can ever add up.

I guess I can say that if nothing ever comes of us, at least I've appologized profusely for what I did in the past and she's forgiven me.....But more importantly, I've learned the most valuable love lesson, and I will (and have) put what I've learned into practice with every girl I meet from now.

I guess my point is that it's all a learning process, and maybe with a little patience, and a good solid outlook, along with a sloid support system (which is impossible for a cat like you NOT to have), you'll probably be just fine. You're allowed to wallow, and you're allowed to complain. Drive your friends nuts if you need to.
    It's what they're here for.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Reminds me of a line from the Woody Allen movie "Annie Hall" with Alvy Singer (Woody) talking to Annie (Diane Keaton):

"A relationship is like a shark," he says. "It has to constantly keep moving forward or it dies. I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark".

Dead shark time Phil. Time to move on son.

Hey Phil -

The Atlanta Botanical Gardens? This time of year? Is there some sort of Christmas tree / light show going on? If not, I'm not exactly sure what kind of stuff they'd have this time of year. When stuff is blooming in the spring, it's a great place. But December?

If you're gonna go, maybe a double-date would be the way to go. Wouldn't even have to be a "date" - find a bud who'd want to go with you, have a good time and keep your mind off the forbidden fruit.

The BG are in my neck of the woods. There are some places nearby with good eats if you want to grab a bite while you're up here in the big city. Agnes & Muriel's, Einsteins, and Fatt Matt's Rib Shack (quite possibly my most favorite spot for chow in the whole city) are a few that jump to mind. Lemme know if you want any suggestions.

Fatt Matt's Rib Shack (quite possibly my most favorite spot for chow in the whole city)
    15 Phil smacked down some Ribs from Matts on a rager saturday night.

As for Agnes and Muriels...

Originally posted by wheels
    She wants me to come to New York, and stay with her for a couple of days, but I'm busy remodeling my home, and working.
    Ummmm HELLO?!?!

This is the woman of your dreams, the most perfect woman to ever grace the face of the earth (besides the women of RedsZone, of course) and you can't get away from the house and job for a couple of days to go visit her?

Let's list your priorities, shall we?

1. House
    2. Job
    3. Her

You threw her away once, seems like you're doing that again.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Ummmm HELLO?!?!
    Agreed, I spent 2 years shuttling between Ohio and California once upon a time.. cost me lots of time, other accomplishments, wants and needs.

It's still paying off to this day.

<cheese>
    And in the end the love you take
    Is equal to the love you make
    </cheese>

Well, I spent the better part of 2 years going back from Iowa to Ohio and points in between. After a couple of years of that I moved out here. Couple of years after that she dumped me. So these things don't always work out. But I don't have any regrets.

Wheels, go see the girl over X-mas if you don't have to work. The remodeling can wait. I had a friend from NY who worked in Iowa who told me that X-Mas in NYC is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Wow....

Yeah, you guys are right, but I think she's gonna be in town over the holiday.

Maybe it would be a perfect time to make plans. Part of me isn't sure she really means it though.

You know, the whole self doubt vs. reality thing.

I can call her anytime, but it's nearly impossible to get ahold of her. When I actually do catch her, we end up talking for three hours or so. I figure she at the very least enjoys my company.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I'm now on day five of my second attempt at a Katie-less world (at least in person, I've talked to her on the phone once or twice, but just for straight information exchange).

Going cold turkey, baby!

Good luck Raisor!
    Go Gators!

Good news!

She dumped Skippy!

Bad news!

I still have no shot at her!

But at least I don't have to see her with him all the time.

Phil,

A favorite poem of mine comes to mind.

It's called "Sometimes I miss her"

Sometimes I miss her

Sometimes I miss her

I ran into an old girlfriend on the street last night

Then I backed up, and ran into her again

Sometimes I miss her
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Go Gators!

Saturday is Phil & Katie day. I'm taking her to see Return of the King and then she's taking me to a party with the people she works with.

yeee haw

Turn Off Ads?