Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls are Evil

Marriage is about marrying the right person for the right reason more than the timing, IMO. If I wouldn't have met my wife when I did, I might still be single.
    I agree, my wife and I have been married five years, but we've been together for 17 years.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    for the wedding you sicko!
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I'm really sorry to hear that Phil. I can definitely relate.

There are a lot of women out there, though, so don't get down.

We at Redszone don't need you to turn into budding yeast, so keep your chin up.

Oh man...Don't even get me started.

The thing is, there really is no way to tell what type of guys women are into. I could expound on this, but this is your thread Raisor.

The best and only choice for you is to not beat yourself up over it.

Sometimes I feel like a deaf guy in a record store. All those great records, but no way to listen.

Other times, I feel like I own the record store.

I look at my past relationships, or non relationships, and I get all messed up for a week or so...Then I come out of it and it seems like future is absolutely beautiful. You know what? It actually is. At least that's what it seems like right now.

....Or you could always stage a hunger strike. It worked for me, but now I don't really like her anymore and I wonder about all of those cheeseburgers I passed up.

Whaddaya gonna do?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I've never realized before this, how many of you guys have your wives looking over your shoulder as you send messages into RedsZone!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Phil,

You're a good man. You had to tell her, not telling her is no way to live. If she doesn't see how cool you are it's her loss.

I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

Hold your head up, man. It took a ton of guts to lay out your feelings like that. Your day will come.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

LadyRaven
    Raisor, you did the right thing by telling her or else you'd always be wondering about "the one that got away." I haven't really been in many relationships but i do know it's best to be honest to yourself as well as to your partner. You feel like crap right now, I know, but you took a chance and in the process freed yourself. Things aren't going to get worse....only better.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Originally posted by KittyDuran
    She probably complained about the small sample size...
    that is cold

Sorry to hear about that Phil. Everything people are saying is true. Just like the Butthole Surfers said, "it's better to regret something you HAVE done than to regret something you HAVEN'T done."

Either she's into you, or your one day closer to finding the person who is.
    Stick to your guns.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Are you trying to tell me there's actual Braves fans?

Guys make things tough on themselves by getting their brain locked in "Gosh, she's pretty" mode, but usually women are sending fairly obvious signals. Simple rule of thumb, if a woman's calling you, IMing you all day, spending hours hanging around talking to you and you alone, she digs you. She's probably told you in so many words if she isn't interested as well.
    Last edited by M2; 11-18-2003 at 12:19 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Jesh Phil, what else would you expect from a Braves fan?

If she isn't smart enough to be a Reds fan, then she isn't smart enough to recognize what she's missing with you.

Sorry things didn't work out. Hang in there.

And look at the bright side, pitcher and catchers report in about three months.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Originally posted by M2
    Simple rule of thumb, if a woman's calling you, IMing you all day, spending hours hanging around talking to you and you alone, she digs you.

See, she did all that, well, except for the IMing thing, since they'd take away her computer at work if she did that.

She's also very "touchy" (lots of hugs, using my arm as a pillow (I'm soft and mushy I guess), so that probably got me all discombobulated too.

Plus, she's really really hot.

:hat:

I'm actually not giving up, I'm going to give it some time, then try again in six or seven years.

Hang in there, Phil. There's one out there, just for you. Maybe put that great "sabre" mind to work and apply it to the dating game. Go after the high OBP girls. A lot of those "toolsy" girls have a tendency to flame out after a few years anyway.

She said something derogatory about Bill James didn't she!

Or did she find out that fantasy league you were in had nothing to do with sports? :evilgrin:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Originally posted by MWM
    I didn't plan it that way. Funny thing is, I was one of the guys who said I wouldn't get married until I was at least 30. I had plenty of oats that needed sown.
    And as you get older it all turns to oat bran!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Originally posted by Raisor
    OK, here's the deal.

I've got a small core group of friends (they're all baseball fans, so that's cool, even if they are Brave fans..gah).

I've made the HUGE mistake of falling for one of these chicks. I told her today, and, unfortunatly, it went pretty much like I thought it would.

I just hope I haven't started a chain of events that somehow gets me sent off to Alaska, where they have no major league baseball.

I'm glad I told her, since I was miserable anyway, but this just opens another big can of worms.

And can I sound anymore like a 12 year old girl?

sheesh.

I think Hagar the Horrible has the right idea, go off for months at a time with his boys, come home every now and then for a little sugar, then back to sea.
    On the serious side Phil... you probably did the right thing. Or else you may have married her, and ended up like the rest of us men! :evilgrin:

You should have done like George suggested to Jerry on Seinfeld, when Jerry wanted to dump his current GF for her roommate.

Do you remember the advice that George gave Jerry in that episode?

Turn Off Ads?