Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Graves signs for three years

Cruisin' for trouble
    I don't know if he didn't try to do his best, but I think he underestimated how difficult it would be to develop a good windup. It's obvious that he became frustrated early and never developed the confidence in his ability to start last year.

That was a helluva cop out to ask out of the rotation, considering that the Reds were going nowhere. He should have gone back to working on the windup.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by TeamBoone
    Do you really think Danny went out there on that mound for almost the entire and didn't try to do his best? I honestly feel he has a whole lot more pride than that, and I don't believe it for a second.
    Oh, I think Danny did his best. His heart just wasn't into it.

As all communications were somewhat blurred during the past administration, I think that probably JimBo never told Danny that he would definitely be a starter. I think that he implied it to Danny and announced it to everyone else. Thus, Danny gets to Spring training and he's a starter, and not just a starter--he's the ace. Talk about playing with a player's pshcye.

Graves simply had not even come close to proving he could be a multi-million dollar pitcher, starter or not. Bowden was just in survival mode--throwing out a crumb to fans with a somewhat popular player (popular in Cincinnati, I might add. No West Virginian or Kentuckyian has much love for Danny's comments about the drunkards who come from both places).

Danny's place is in the bullpen at about half what he is making. Thanks to the strange mind of Jim Bowden, he is not tradeable nor is he going to produce enough to justify his salary.

If there ever was a good move by John Allen, firing Jim Bowden was it. The other moves Allen has made are open for discussion.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?