Bryan Prince
    Brian Peterson
    Jesse Guteriez
    Ryan Hanigan

Heck -even Mike Stefanski.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"
    Well this is the last straw!

Getting rid of Stinnett just proves this organization has no plan, no clue, no hope and no conscience

(added for sarcam to avoid an unnecessary exchange)

Wait a minute! Back up the ol' horse cart! I can remember earlier in the season when there were quite a few on here (including myself) who would wish that the Reds could unload Stinnett's 1+ Mill contract!

He was a backup catcher for crying out loud! And IMO, his services can be easily replaced by someone for alot less money.

This move does not bother me one bit in the least.

And I hope no one expected us to get anything of value for him? Again...I'm just glad to be free from that contract.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Um...GAC...I don't think I've read anything from anyone on this thread who's unhappy about Stinnett leaving...

Deep breaths...deep breaths...

Anyone think that maybe Sardinha isn't being called up to keep, but to get rid of? The only way to get someone else to pay his major-league contract is to have them accept him in trade or off waivers. Since he was already off the 40-man roster, he has to be put back on to go through waivers again. Hey, it's worth a shot.

And don't worry, I have no doubt Corky Miller is higher on the depth chart than Dane Sardinha. But it sure makes sense to get a look at him in September and pass him through waivers again. Yaneverknow, maybe some team will bite and take him off the Reds' hands (and payroll).

Originally posted by SteelSD
    Um...GAC...I don't think I've read anything from anyone on this thread who's unhappy about Stinnett leaving...

Deep breaths...deep breaths...
    Alright... I'll tone it down. It was very early in the morning and I have already had a couple cups of coffee!

I was simply implying that since this season is history, I would rather have LaRue and Miller up here (and maybe just take a look-see at Dane... nothing more), then Stinnett and his contract.

Especially since they can now expand the roster.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

If the Reds can get Duckworth or a pitching prospect for Stinnett, they should be grateful.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Why would the Phillies give the Reds Duckworth for Stinnett? I really don't know why he is being mentioned, unless I'm missing something. Even if Bowa doesn't like him, they sure could get more for him than Stinnett.

From the Philly Enquirer:

Phils acquire backup catcher Stinnett from Reds
    By Marc Narducci
    Inquirer Staff Writer

NEW YORK - The Phillies yesterday made a final move before submitting their 25-man postseason roster by acquiring catcher Kelly Stinnett and cash from the Cincinnati Reds for a player to be named.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

I don't want Brandon Duckworth. Well, for one thing, the kid, or should I say adult, is almost 30 (either 28 or 29) and has very little experience to go with his age since he was recalled/demoted from AAA so much.

Granted, Philly does have a nice rotation, but I want to get a prospect back that won't be going on the DL in a few years due to an old back.

Originally posted by Oxilon
    I don't want Brandon Duckworth. Well, for one thing, the kid, or should I say adult, is almost 30 (either 28 or 29) .

Just so everyone is on the same page, since there seems to be some question of his age, Duckworth turns 28 in January.

For one month of Kelly Stinnett, I'd be estatic to get Duckworth. I'd also be very surprised. I figured we were getting some A ball player.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

What I wonder is, how long before the rest of the league cries "foul!"

You trade one of the few ML experienced players on your team for no apparent gain, and you don't call up your AAA catcher because his team is in the AAA playoffs?

Where is the integrity of the game here?

Maybe the season is voer for the Reds, but they play many times against team fighting for a playoff spot......what do they owe the rest of the league in terms of putting up something more than a AA team?

If I spent anytime talking to other baseball fans (other than you guys) I would be EMBARRASSED at this point.

You trade one of the few ML experienced players on your team for no apparent gain,
    They traded him with CASH for a PTBN, pretty good for a guy who OPS'd .332 in August, .694 in July and .480 in June.

I'd like to see a study that actually could argue that Stinnett is worth keeping over ANYONE on this team at this point in time.

Trading Kelly is like a family where the breadwinner is unemployed having the Cable turned off. It's not a necessity, it's not enriching or helping the family in any other way aside from being a costly form of entertainment when there is entertainment abounding.

The AAA playoffs will be over before you can say boo and then Corky will be called up.

Crying about Stinnetts loss is like crying about losing an empty billfold, yeah it was functional.... but what purpose did it it really hold?
    Last edited by westofyou; 09-01-2003 at 11:47 AM.

Agreed.

Turn Off Ads?