Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sean Casey rumored in 3 way trade discussion

Also rumored, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh may cut out San Diego and swap Casey for Benson. The deal may be held up though, because Pittsburgh is also asking for one of Jimenz or Lopez.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by Johnny Footstool
    Based on his current career trends, I would be very surprised if that happens.
    true, however i think the shoulder has been a bigger problem than we know. certainly this year is make or break though.

Good god, this 3-way deal absolutely reeks for the Reds.

Kevin Jarvis!?!? No thanks.

Dunn is no where near a decent 1st baseman, that is obvious from watching him in person play 1st.

Jr is not going to play first, nor should he.

WMP was not good in the OF last year. I've never seen a MLB player take all the indirect routes to get to the ball as he does. He does not read the ball off the bat well at all. His speed helps him make up for his initial mental mistakes.

IMO, Smitherman is not ready for the majors. He is definitely not withering on the vine.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Man, I been looking at Jarvis' stats......and my conclusion is that his contract could be the worst in MLB. To quote Butthead, "sucks is not a strong enough word to describe that crap" The Casey PLUS Jimenez or Lopez talk is crap IMO. We been beating that rumor to death for like 3 years in seems. Both guys have gotten increasingly worse too.

Well traderumor, since everybody and his brother has been talking about moving Casey quite some time now, he must NOT be as easy to move you say.

Casey is bad because he clogs up a postion where the Reds have a lot of other, better alternatives. Casey is bad because he is just about LAST in almost every offensive category amongst his peers.

Casey has NEVER been mentioned in any talk I have ever seen in the same paragraph as gold glove. He is SLOW. Many pop-ups go unplayed that he never gets to. When Reese was over there running down everything in sight, Casey didn't look so out of place. But Jimenez just doesn't have that kind of range (who does?).

Casey is VERY poor at picking up balls in the dirt....and maybe, just maybe, with a little more skilled 1B, the Reds might NOT have led the league in errors.

Anyway, I guess we are not going to agree on this. The good news is that Casey CAN hit .300 when completely healthy.....so at least he isn't a .225 hitter with no power and no speed and an average glove......but I would be very pleased if the Reds actually came through with this trade.

Originally posted by savafan
    Also rumored, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh may cut out San Diego and swap Casey for Benson. The deal may be held up though, because Pittsburgh is also asking for one of Jimenz or Lopez.
    Ooooh, I like that one better. I choose to believe this rumor instead. Casey and FeLo for Benson is fine with me.

And folks, let's not fret over who plays 1B if Casey's gone. The Reds would have close to three months to figure that one out. Worst case scenario is Russ Branyan. And that's remote because the market will be flooded with 1Bs after the non-tender deadline.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

All dyslexics must untie!
    Gullett has always like Benson, and McClendon is down on Kris. Back when KB was a #1/Ace in the making (and before his latest contract) I was bullish on a Sean/Kris deal. I see no reason to change my tune, now...but Pittsburgh does NOT get D'Angelo Jiminez...let them find their own starting 2nd baseman
    Never overlook the obvious

Originally posted by M2
    Ooooh, I like that one better. I choose to believe this rumor instead. Casey and FeLo for Benson is fine with me.

And folks, let's not fret over who plays 1B if Casey's gone. The Reds would have close to three months to figure that one out. Worst case scenario is Russ Branyan. And that's remote because the market will be flooded with 1Bs after the non-tender deadline.
    I agree. I'd take Benson from the Pirates for Casey and Lopez. And I also agree with what you said about someone playing 1B. There will be teams, say the Cubs, that will go out and get a new first baseman (Sexson?), which will leave players like Choi available for a trade, and others like Randall Simon, free to sign with whom they want. That's just one example. There will be plenty of Randall Simon, Robert Fick types that can be had for $1M=1.5M per year that will produce just as much if not more, than Casey did.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Don't see why we need to add Lopez to the deal. If the Pirates really want Casey, make if Casey for Benson.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Originally posted by Krusty
    Don't see why we need to add Lopez to the deal. If the Pirates really want Casey, make if Casey for Benson.
    I'd gladly give up FeLo to get rid of Casey.

Originally posted by Krusty
    I don't think its so much that the Pirates want Casey as it is the Reds don't want Casey. If they need FeLo to take Casey, I pull the trigger.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Here's hoping O'Brien can work a little magic that won't come back to bite us.

Originally posted by Raisor
    I'd gladly give up FeLo to get rid of Casey.
    me too, he has potential but there's a good chance he'll be a wash out.

I think Casey contract calls for if he is traded that extra year becomes a players option. This would make him a little harder to trade.

Originally posted by red-in-la

Maybe WMP cannot be played at 1B.....I dunno. But a place needs to be made for him to play everyday.

That's the bottom line right there. The Reds are NOT going to contend next year, therefore WMP HAS to play in every game possible. For WMP to play everyday, Casey has to go. It's that simple.

Even if the money saved is NOT put back into the team, it's a move that has to be done for baseball reasons, not financial.

Turn Off Ads?