Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sean Casey rumored in 3 way trade discussion

Originally posted by malcontent
    Considering position played, contract status, and detriment to the development of other, younger players, I'd say Casey is a lot worse than Jarvis. What's more, the Reds wouldn't necessarily have to hand Jarvis a starting spot. One can only imagine the wailing and gnashing across Redsland if they actually sat Casey.

I'll also go on record to say that Jarvis is a bright enough guy that he just might go against all expectations and trends and have a good year or two.

Then again, I'm also waiting for Jimmy A. to surface...
    Jarvis worse than Casey

Jarvis bright enough

Jarvis having a good year

STOOOOP it, you're killing me
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'll also go on record to say that Jarvis is a bright enough guy that he just might go against all expectations and trends and have a good year or two.
    Is this similar to when you went on record that Jimenez wouldn't cut it becuse his 'eyes' didn't have the look of life that you were comforable with.

I'd say Casey is a lot worse than Jarvis.
    You can say it all day, now proving it is where your problem lies.

Originally posted by savafan
    I have a few friends with inside contacts. 2 of them told me that this has been discussed.
    Has any of your so called rumors ever even remotely come close to happening? I would get rid of those two friends with inside contacts. They are making you look real bad!!

In case you missed it, my inside contacts (ESPN) announced a trade between the Padres and the A's yesterday. I doubt the Padres will be dealing for Jason Kendall having just acquired cather Ramon Hernandez.

Dude, I love your enthusiasm. But don't come with stuff unless you have legitimate information. What a waste this thread was!!

Dude, I love your enthusiasm. But don't come with stuff unless you have legitimate information. What a waste this thread was!!
    Really? Savafan's initial post spawned a very good discussion on the relative value of players and player contracts. I consider the discussion a productive and insightful one...

...until your random flame.

I'll give you a tip- 99% of "rumors" either aren't true or they have merit but never come to frutition. That's regardless of whether you hear them from Peter Gammons or a Reds fan named Savafan.

If you don't like discussing things relavant to the Reds, may I suggest that you find a board that specializes in only things you'd like to read.

Take "Miss Shady" with you (another obvious flamer). I'm sure NEILYNG will welcome you both to his board.

The true "waste" certainly wasn't this thread.

Steel!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Originally posted by SteelSD
    Really? Savafan's initial post spawned a very good discussion on the relative value of players and player contracts. I consider the discussion a productive and insightful one...

...until your random flame.

I'll give you a tip- 99% of "rumors" either aren't true or they have merit but never come to frutition. That's regardless of whether you hear them from Peter Gammons or a Reds fan named Savafan.

If you don't like discussing things relavant to the Reds, may I suggest that you find a board that specializes in only things you'd like to read.

Take "Miss Shady" with you (another obvious flamer). I'm sure NEILYNG will welcome you both to his board.

The true "waste" certainly wasn't this thread.
    Okay, so I heard a rumor we are going to get Alex Rodriguez for prospects. Should I post that?

Every single rumor Savaran posts is crap. And he says he knows people with inside information. Yet doesn't have the nads to reveal these so called insiders. Peter Gammons has credibilty. He works for the largest sports television network in the world and he is very close to many people inside of many organizations.

Have some accountability for what you post. Substantiate it with some kind of credibilty. Throwing BS rumors out there because soemone is bored whether it is about the Reds or not is for from relevant!!

I'll stay on this board if I like. And if you dont like it you can go Fu@# yourself!! (That's in responce to the "flamer" remark)

And if Miss Shady looks good I'll take you up on that offer.

Very adult post, Cali.

I'm consistently amazed at the computer access allowed to preschoolers nowdays.

I'll be waiting for your next profane response, Cali. But can you help me out?

When exactly is your next milk break???

Y'know, so I can schedule you in. Of course, I'm assuming that you've already had nappy time, so let me know...

Originally posted by SteelSD
    Very adult post, Cali.

I'm consistently amazed at the computer access allowed to preschoolers nowdays.

I'll be waiting for your next profane response, Cali. But can you help me out?

When exactly is your next milk break???

Y'know, so I can schedule you in. Of course, I'm assuming that you've already had nappy time, so let me know...
    Okay, you refer to me as a "flamer" and dont expect to get something back?

Don't start no stuff, wont be no stuff!!!

Follow your own advice Cali.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

OK, boys and girls. Let's get this thread back on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Originally posted by wheels
    Follow your own advice Cali.
    Dude he started with the name calling. Can you not read? I am an idiot if I sit here and take crap from some one. I wouldn't expect you to do so, so please dont expect me to do so.

I'm talking about you constantly banging on Savafan. It seems like you're sooo offended by someone posting a rumor a time or two. Your response to his posts just seem to go way too far in relation to what it really was: He heard a rumor, he posted it. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's lying just because it didn't come to fruition.

I like rumors. Real rumors, or false rumors...Doesn't really matter to me. It makes for good discussion. If you don't like rumors, simply don't read them. You don't need to dog someone over and over. It becomes tedious.

If you posted your own thread (which, I don't recall you ever doing) titled SteelSD is a big old jerk, and Savafan's rumors never come true, I won't read it. The thing is, you always seem to turn threads into arguments that don't even mean anything.

I guess I'm adding to the problem, but I'm not a patient man. When something bugs me, I say something.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. :mad:
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?