Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto Petagine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speaking of Richard Hand, he posts here, if anyone is interested.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/forumd...php?forumid=30

Originally posted by letsgojunior
    Is there a point to this thread anymore?
    From reading it, it appears the point is to build a bridge to the peach orchard, so you can listen to suicide rock, while watching aging baseball players eat peaches in japan. Other than that, it seems like mold. No one really wanted it to begin with, but it just won't die.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Obviously, this thread is a Richard Hand 'plant'.

Rem

I was the one that made the reference to Richard Hand. It was ment tongue-in-cheek but, unfortunately, I got my reference wrong. Chip simply corrected that.

It was a reference to another time on this board and it was ment in fun. Geez!

Rem

OMG! I just tuned into this thread for the first time.

DEJA VU or what!?

Do you think the real Neil Young believes in reincarnation?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I always like getting updates on the guy who was going to be "the next George Foster".

Originally posted by remdog
    Obviously, this thread is a Richard Hand 'plant'.

Rem
    More like Drew Nelson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Originally posted by NEILYNG
    I am not Richard Hand, Drew Nelson or -- last time I checked -- Neil Young. But I do think Roberto Petagine would be a better option that Sean Casey. For the cost of Petagine the Reds could acquire Petagine and offer to soak up part of Casey's contract in a deal. They need to be thinking about these kinds of things moving forward.
    Hey, NEIL, build a bridge and get over it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Unfortunately, NEIL can dish it out (telling everyone and his brother to "build a bridge and get over it") but he cannot take it when someone else tells him that even when it was meant in a joking manner. As for the Drew Nelson reference, someone mentioned that Richard Hand used to be very high on Petagine and I was just saying that it was Drew Nelson who was the big RP fan.

Getting back to the subject at hand, RP is, was and always will be a ham-n-egger on the major league level. A AAAA player at best. The Reds weren't the only team to give up on him. He has had various chances with several teams including a season long stint with the Mets or the Padres - I can't remember which one. I'm happy he's having success and making money over in Japan. But there's a huge difference in doing well in Japan and doing well in the major leagues. Just as there is a huge difference between doing well in AAA and doing well in the majors.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Chip: Where have I made that statement ???
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...threadid=15042

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...050#post204050

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...227#post212227

Must be the NyQuil, right, NEIL?
    Last edited by Chip R; 09-10-2003 at 11:05 AM.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I just wanted to see the context towards which I had attached that phrase. Thanks for taking an important part of what is most people's day to research hundreds of posts to find where I made the kind of suggestion that you -- more than most human beings walking around on the planet -- should take heed.

Shouldn't you be moderating or something.
    Yep. The Search feature is a wonderful thing. It brought up 25 of your most recent posts and it took me 5 minutes to find those 3. The context you used in your posts was the exact same context I used when I told you to "build a bridge". Now take your NyQuil and go back to sleep. :zzz:
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Re: I had a dream....

As Martin Luther King once so eloquently stated, I had a dream last night. My dream centered around a moderator named Chip who was asked to no longer moderate his previously assigned area. When asked why this was happening he received a written report that simply stated, "Inflated ego has blinded him to his own stupidity."

I woke up with a great smile -- feeling much better and totally rested and ready to face the troubles of my day.

Now were you saying anything important there Chippy????
    Too bad for you it was just a dream.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Build a bridge, NEIL.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Nice to see your still on the Petagine bandwagon Neil.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Petagine really wanted to come back to North America this winter. He was asking for a $3 million one year contract this off-season from a major league team, before his Japanese team jumped in with a 2-year $12 million deal. So he won't come back to the U.S. until at least the 2005 season. By then he'll be 34 or 35, I think.

It really would have been interesting to see him get another chance in the U.S, while he was in the prime of his career. I don't think his MLB teams were patient enough with him.

Major league equivalencies suggest that he would have hit at least as well as Hideki Matsui in the U.S. and probably much better.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?