Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kullman on the radio tonight

Sure...go ahead & ask him to come here as himself.

He'll have to toe the party line & speak in generalities.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be more inclined to simply stop by from time to time with a faceless user ID who just happens to have some connections to the front office. He could be a little more liberal with the information he could share...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by 15fan
    If I were in his shoes, I'd be more inclined to simply stop by from time to time with a faceless user ID who just happens to have some connections to the front office.
    I've heard that happens. Not him, but others.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Originally posted by creek14
    I nominate RFS or M2 or Redsland or RedStorm to write the letter.
    Here's mine:

Dear Mr. Kullman;

The Cincinnati Reds are in the midst of an important transition, as you well know. Fans everywhere are eager to hear you speak about this organization’s vision, its goals, and its future.

It is my pleasure to be able to provide you with this opportunity. I am affiliated with a web site that is home to over one thousand Reds fans from as close as Cincinnati and Dayton, and as far away as Puerto Rico and Germany. These fans are among the most knowledgeable, passionate, and entertaining baseball people you will ever meet.

It would be our distinct pleasure if you would participate in a virtual town hall meeting with our members. You could participate from your home or office over the internet at any time of your choosing, and we’d be happy to abide by whatever restrictions you like. If, for example, you could only give us an hour of your time, we’d be thrilled to have it.

After this experience, I know you’ll be invigorated to see so many people who love the Cincinnati Reds as much as you do. You’ll understand why these fans have been left wanting by the sound bite approach to modern media coverage. And you’ll understand that we hunger to hear straight facts delivered by people who know what they’re talking about.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss any technological or procedural concerns. I look very forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours;

Name
    www.redszone.com
    Last edited by Redsland; 09-02-2003 at 05:26 PM.

Nice letter, Redsland. How could he refuse an invitation like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Outstanding job, Redsland.

Far better than I could have done.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

It's on now. Kullman is taking questions from fans via phone calls, apparently also.

It's over at 7:30
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 09-03-2003 at 10:32 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Originally posted by creek14
    Let him come to RedsZone and answer a few questions.
    That's like inviting Osama Bin Laden to come to the White House for tea! :evilgrin:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Originally posted by westofyou
    Let's invite him.

We could ask him to come to a 'town hall chat" and give him the option to seek press from the Reds end.

Make it easy, allow him to set any "guidelines" if he so chooses, if he only wants to answer a set number of questions the board should vote on them.

Get someone with some people skills to write the initial letter, state that we have a large well informed fan base cross section that is interested in exploring the Reds future, past the usual sound bites and rhetoric.

Kullman was accessable to neyer last year in an interview, he should be accessable to the fans of the franchise he works for.
    That is an excellent idea though woy. If he has ever heard of Redszone, and knowing the membership role, it would really be a great "PR" move on his part with a certain segment of the fan base.

But certain guidelines would have to be set...to protect Brad! :evilgrin:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Furman is asking some tough questions.

Did Kullman actually say that the Reds went to get help to win the division this year? And his example was signing Wagner!

Andy is an absolute shark. LOL

Brad sounds like he is going thru a polygraph test.

He's being very combative and avoiding all questions. He will not commit to any number for the payroll for next season.

They just went to break, but he's going to reveal the Reds' "outline" for competing for the division title next year when they come back. This should be interesting .

Kullman hasn't said anything. 45 minutes and nothing. When asked about the budget, he asked Furball what the budget of WLW. "The ownership wants a winner". "We've had to make tough decisions".

Kullman said he is going to give us the plan for the future, after this commercial break.

The plan:

maximize the value of every dollar.

Turn Off Ads?