Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Old Red Guard

RIP Old Red Guard

Received this e-mail today:

Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for asking about my husband. I almost threw away
    your note but but I saw Redszone in the preview and knew who you were referring to. My husband suffered a major stroke in May of this year and passed away soon after. He was a lifelong fan of the Reds and followed them online since he got very little news of his hometown in local news here.

Thank you for being a friend to him, he very much enjoyed his Reds friends.

Mrs. Marie Elledge
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    That's sucks. He was a fascinating man. I really enjoyed his company on here. Rest in peace.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Thank you Savafan for posting Mrs. Elledge's letter. I'm very sorry to hear of ORG's passing. I miss his posts, many of which were classics, worthy of publication.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Rest in Peace.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Very sad to hear confirmation of this. Did anyone know Mr. Elledge's first name. I could do a Lexis search of obituaries in May. It would be fascinating to find out more about him.
    Stick to your guns.

Originally posted by cincinnati chili
    Very sad to hear confirmation of this. Did anyone know Mr. Elledge's first name. I could do a Lexis search of obituaries in May. It would be fascinating to find out more about him.
    His name was Charles
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

RIP...He will be missed.

So sorry to hear the news. I always enjoyed his posts. A great Reds fan.

RIP, ORG.

My condolonces. Rest in peace.

I'm very sorry to hear of his passing - I always enjoyed reading his posts. Rest in peace.

I am very sorry to hear of his passing. Whenever I saw he posted in here, I'd be so eager to read his stuff. We in RedsZone are all the much better for the baseball knowledge, history, and perspective that he passed down to us all. And just for being such a cool guy and sharing with us the way he did.

One thought I've often had... It's great to live in a city such as Cincinnati with the rich baseball heritage it has.

One common theme of a conversation I can have with a 8 yr. old neighborhood kid, my 70 yr. old mother-in-law, some guy in the elevator, the priest at our church, the guys over beers, or my 13 yr. old niece is the Reds. I'm often struck by some of the unlikely places you find a Reds fan and the passion we all have for them.

RIP Old Red Guard and God Bless.

I remember him, and was sorry to read this thread. Rest in Peace ORG.

Very sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his posts very much. RIP, ORG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Rest in peace ORG. We'll miss you.

Turn Off Ads?