Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Old Red Guard

Originally posted by westofyou
    Still burned in my mind is his story of getting beer for his "Da" and getting a headache sipping the suds from the top of the bucket as he ran down the street to get it home before he returned from work.
    Me too.

I went looking for it in this site but couldn't find it. Must be in a previous incarnation of this site.

Is old content available somewhere?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RIP Old Red Guard. Great tribute by Roy Tucker above. Couldn't express it better. Won't try. Condolences to ORG's family and friends.

Time is the Revelator.
    I suggest emailing/or mailing this thread to his family.

sad news to hear

RIP ORG.. May God Bless his family and friends...

Damn! My sincere condolences. I hope he's playin' ball and having a great time. Somehow, I'm sure he is.

Rem

this sucks.... i enjoyed reading his posts

I enjoyed his posts as well. I am sorry to learn of his passing.

I too, loved Old Red Guards posts. It seemed like I was hearing them from my Grandfather, or someone I totally believed without questioning or knowing who he was. He'll be missed on this site.

I hope that his family is doing well. One thing I do remember is his son's debate over what his screen name should be. It was suggested that he should change it from ORGII. That was pretty funny. Anyway, I'm saddended to hear of the loss of one of the great "voices" of the board. You'll truly be missed, ORG.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

ORG is definitely missed. My condolences to his family if sava sends this their way.

Red Leader said it well for me : "it was like hearing stories from my grandfather or someone I totally believed without questioning. " (Red Leader) I'll add that he was damn entertaining too.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Damn! I was hoping he was just getting some private time. I guess I knew in my heart, I just didn't want it to be true.

I miss you Old Red Guard. Protect your friends and family as you look down upon us. :angel:

I hope we at Redszone gave you at least a small sample back of what you gave us.
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 12-19-2003 at 05:50 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar
    I am saddened by this news.

Many of us kind of expected it though, because of his absence of so many months. Also, he mentioned in one of his last posts that he hadn't been feeling well. My belated sympathy and condolences are extended to the family.

Old Red Guard offered something truly unique and exceptional to this board. He had the ability to put words and sentences together to paint a picture of how it was to be a Reds fan from the 1930's on up and whenever he shared that ability with us we were all the better for it. He was a 'Reds Fan' in the truest sense of the word.

I never failed to read a post by Old Red Guard.

May he rest in peace.

By the way, thanks to savafan for finding out about this for us.

Terrible news to hear. His posts always brought a smile to my face. What a way he had with words. RIP ORG.

ORG reminded me of the time my father would chat on about the Reds teams of the 40's and 50's--the time before I knew about them. He will be missed.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The final post:

On 3-22-03

Sorry guys, I've been a bit under the weather but I got the cards mailed to GIK today so he can get them on to the winner. Again, sorry for the delay - hope the winner enjoys his cards!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

sava,
    Do you have his wife's address- perhaps Redszone could send her a card or flowers?

Turn Off Ads?