Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Third Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good nominations, everyone...keep them coming.

At the request of sava, we'll stick this one up top for a bit...

BTW, gm, nice sig. Rooting for or against the Beavers against USC this weekend?

I just got around to reading this thread. I didn't know I was gone, but thanks for missing me. I've been working way too much. Some days when I get home I'm too tired to turn on the computer, much less actually read. And sadly, no unclass computer access where I work, so I am no longer get paid for surfing the Zone.

So when I go missing again, remember, I am just working (or I have run off with Adam Dunn).

I'm going to have to do some thinking about my votes, but I can cast one right now.

Best Looking Male
    Raisor

And since I just looked at the latest addition to the photo gallery, just a little note to Phil - she isn't all that, you'll end up doing much, much better (prettier and a Reds fan).
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Originally posted by TRF

now for one hundred billion dollars, where did i get my line?

Why, from the Far Side, of course.

Cha-CHING!!!!!

Woo hoo.... I'm rich!!!!
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Most Positive - Team Casey and Team Boone. Unless you cross them.

Most Negative – Redread

Most Missed – Old Red Guard. I loved that guy. Thanks so much, M2, for finding and posting that incredible passage. I agree, it’s the best thing ever posted here.

Most Controversial - Redsfaithful. We don’t agree on much over on the non-baseball forum, but he definitely stirs the pot in his neverending efforts to poke Phoenix, GAC, and a few others with a stick.

Best Moderator – Chip, but hey, I like them all.

Best Use of Stats – WOY, which is tall praise among a pretty smart bunch of sabr-heads we’ve assembled here. Raisor, Cooper, Steel, Chili, Crash, and all the other James devotees deserve a lot of credit for making their case in face of scorn and derision. I admire anyone who truly wants to understand baseball on a higher level, even when they’re wrong. :evilgrin:

Most Clever – BCubb. His Random Thoughts are one of my favorite things around here.

Nicest - MWM. Seems to me like a thoroughly decent man. This one is impossible to narrow down though, as there are so many people here whom I consider friends.

Best Armchair GM – Gotta go with Cincinnati Chili. I sure hope he makes it into a front office someday. A great balanced knowledge of the game and the business of baseball. M2, Princeton and Red Storm would be excellent choices too. And LGJ is impressing everyone with her broad grasp of the game.

Best Outsider - Ramp. The dude was true blue even when it looked like they were a terrible team.

Best Discussion - My personal favorite was the Moneyball discussion we had this summer. I got to test out a lot of my long standing beliefs through those threads.

Most Passionate - Team Prozac... uh, I mean Edskin. If we could only find a way to pry our buddy out of his shell and get him to make a declaration or pronouncement every now and then. Hey, Ed....we kid because we care.

Funniest - Redsland is one seriously funny guy. Kind of a Far Side sense of humor which I love. Biitner Pill can also write some funny stuff when he wants to.

Best Moniker – Spitball and Corked Bat always cracked me up.

Best Historian - RedsBaron. He should teach a class. You make a historical reference of any kind, and he’s on it with excellent research that you can depend on. An incredible resource for the board.

Best Trademeister – The old slobberknocker himself, Krusty

Best Poster - There are so many people here that I search out and read every single thing I can from them. The two guys I find myself agreeing with the most are probably Guernsey and Cincinnati Chili. I love M2, WOY and LGJ for their excellent insight and relentless passion. GAC, Remdog, CQ, Creek, Geo J, Team Clark, BCubb, Team Casey and Team Boone, WVRedsfan, Larkin Fan, GM, FCB, Chip, 15fan, Santo, VR, Randy, Coop, Johnny Footstool, Bucksfan, Roy Tucker, Crash, Raisor, Steel, Spitball, Krusty, Biitner Pill, RedsBaron, MikeS21, Bob B, Edskin, SC Red, Backbencher, RFA66 .... and many more, are all like old friends to me. I love talking baseball and life with all you guys.

But the best poster, IMO, has to be RedStorm. Even when we disagree, I feel like I come away smarter for the discussion. I’ve never encountered anyone with broader grasp of all aspects of the game.

Man, I’m thankful for this site. At times it drives me crazy, but when I look over this thread I think about how many truly outstanding people I’ve met here, and for that I’m very thankful.

Last edited by RFS62; 12-04-2003 at 09:35 AM.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Originally posted by Raisor

I found out today that she's NOT a Braves fan. It's worse then that. She's a Rangers fan. She is evil and must be stopped!

Phil,

Being a Rangers fan is punishment enough in and of itself. Plus, she is now deprived of your "Philness".

Don't give her any power over your moods. She had her chance, and she chose a shallow pretty boy over the MAN we all know and respect.

She flunked the IQ test. It would have been doomed to failure. Lick your wounds, and go on to greener pastures. Your woman is still out there, undiscovered, and waiting for you.

Most cleverly funny - BCubb
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I didn't put together awards this year. (Accidentally insulted someone last year .... ooops).

I have been thinking about posters that we don't see much anymore.

Much missed - TC the imposter, LF, MDRed, Old Red Gaurd, Santo, Boss, AllOverJr and Red Roser. Who else am I missing?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I hadn't even intended to post on this thread. I'm a slow typist and I couldn't begin to list all of the posters whom I've enjoyed reading......but then I read M2's post containing the almost lyrical post of Old Red Guard about ballplayers from decades ago. Thank you so much M2 for re-posting that. I always enjoyed ORG's posts. I'm surprised I missed that post the first time. The writing quality was much better than many works which have been published. I miss ORG.
    I won't try to make any award nominations, but I will mention a few of the posters I always try to read. Redstorm posts are more in-depth and thoughtful than any sportswriter I have ever read; he has calling higher than that of a lawyer. WOY and SteelSD have a marvelous grasp of statistical baseball analysis-I never try to debate them, but I do enjoy reading them. I like my fellow West Virginians, Randy in Charlotte NC (my own real name is Randy) and WVFan. RFS62 has a broad range of knowledge and just seems to be a great all around person. Larkin Fan doesn't post as much and I miss him-he and another favorite poster, Bob Borkowski, have helped push our song thread past 7000. I enjoy Ravenlord, Team Casey, M2, Chip R. GAC usually makes me laugh, and he and Phoenix can be counted on to keep debates going with RedsFaithful and Rojo, whom I also usually read, even though I usually disagree with them on the non-baseball side of this forum. My wife can't understand why I spend so much time here, but accessing RedsZone is one of the first things I do in the morning and one of the last things at night.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 12-06-2003 at 07:19 PM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

The ones I always read no matter what? Biitner Pill, Red Storm

The ones I try to catch whenever they post? ramp101, Krusty, savafan, TeamClark

Originally posted by SpringfieldFan
    What's up with this, no Mr. Nasty, Mr. Rude, Biggest Jerk, Most Ignored awards?
    We don't want you hogging all the glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Originally posted by SteelSD
    Nicest Poster: GAC. Heck, anyone who can put up with me has the goods. You'll be the first guy I call up when I make my next trip to Cinci.
    Still trying to worm your way into my good graces for those 1960's X-Men comics huh?

CRAWL BABY!.... CRAWL!

:evilgrin:
    Last edited by GAC; 12-06-2003 at 09:36 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I humbly believe in self promotion.

VOTE GAC!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Originally posted by SteelSD
    Would crawling, my Rob Dibble autographed hat, my Sean Casey game worn jersey card, and a couple hundred bucks be defined as "worming"?

If so, color me segmented.:evilgrin:
    Honda goes on Holiday shutdown beginning the 22nd and until Jan 5th (and it's all paid ). I'll have time then to pull the boxes down and go through them. I was up there the other day getting the Christmas tree down, but didn't have the time to grab the boxes.

They've been working us 7 days a week the last few months.

I'll try to scan some of what I have and send them to you.

year after year, I seek out all posts by guernsey, M2, 15Fan, ChipR, WoY, gm, Crash Davis, CQ, backbencher and Guacarock-- and now LGJ-- thanks for the entertainment, debate, information

special props to creek, chili, Storm, RFS62, and Footstool, who disagree with nearly everything that I post on, and on, and on about, yet continue to respond not just politely, but amicably. That's too difficult for me--"I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view"

you do that vote of confidence thing very well. Consider a future as a slimy administrator

Turn Off Ads?