Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Third Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Originally posted by Redsland
    The Aaron Boone Award: savafan - Swings at every topic under the sun, and connects on occasion, too.

Please don't tell me that you're trading me to a Yankees message board.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by savafan
    We were but they tried to force us to take Weaver so we said no deal.
    Go Gators!

Originally posted by savafan

You'll be a Reds as long as I'm the G.M.

Makes all the routine posts.

you do that vote of confidence thing very well. Consider a future as a slimy administrator

Most missed poster
    creek lately

Best tag line

new entry for me here - SteelSD's "snide cuss"

Best Moniker
    I always liked ForLoveOfTheGame. Crash Davis is good too.

Most Valuable Poster

To me the woy and guernsey types really add a stable and vital presence to this board as informational sources. Everyone else shares inthsi one for their contributions, because without the conglomerate that is Redszone, this board is just another board (which it most decidedly is not!)

Most Clever

Johnny, Redsland

Best Armchair GM
    princeton, Red Storm, chili

Best Trademeister

Krusty - not because I agree with them, but he does them and I enjoy the spirit of his proposals if not always the content.

Best Discussion
    several - I learn probably the most from the sabre-oriented discussions, but am entertained by many others.

Funniest

Redsland

Best Use of Statistics

chili, woy, and SteelSD (makes me think a bit differently though I don't always agree)

Most Long-winded
    Edskin. Can even be me when I actually do post something I've thought about for a while!

Most Positive

the Teamsters.

Most Negative
    rila

Nicest

62, Team Casey, Roy Tucker, host of others

Best Moderator

Chip - only 'cause I met him once - I'm sure you're all fantastic!

Best Chatter

I don't do the chat room thing - not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Most Off-Topic
    sava - you can have this one!

Best Newcomer
    Ravenlord - always interesting, courteous, and some new perspectives, especailly outside the baseball forum.

Best Outsider

ramp - I really enjoy ramp and how he enjoys his team. Plus he's as objective as I could ever hope any fan passionate about his team could be.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

All dyslexics must untie!
    "The Dmitri Young Award: gm – Switch-hitter?"

I prefer the terms "confused ambidextral" and "Jack of all trades, master of screwing up anything"

But you hit pretty close to the mark, Redsland. Still I'm wondering...what do you know about my underbelly?
    Never overlook the obvious

What's up with this, no Mr. Nasty, Mr. Rude, Biggest Jerk, Most Ignored awards?

You know that Dunn and Griffey really stink up the joint!
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 12-04-2003 at 04:24 PM.

Originally posted by SpringfieldFan
    What's up with this, no Mr. Nasty, Mr. Rude, Biggest Jerk, Most Ignored awards?
    We don't want you hogging all the glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Most missed poster

Nobody has mentioned guernsey. He's rarely 'round these parts anymore. I, for one, miss him. I know he had been a little frustrated with the level of negativity around the end of the season. I sure hope he rejoins the ranks at full strength because this board is a better forum when he's around.

Funniest

Biitner Pill, BCUBB, and Redsland. I have a good sense of humor, but I've never been very funny. I've always been envious of people who can come up with things like these three. Keep it comin'.

Most Clever

It's difficult to distinguish funny from clever. I think the three I mentioned above in the funny category could also be included here. But for the integrity of these awards, I will nominate Chip and Raisor. Both very clever.

Phil, I was going to vote for you for best looking, but then you had to go post that picture. Bad timing. :evilgrin:

Best Armchair GM

This is one of the toughest calls. We have several here who qualify. If I had to vote for one, it would be cincinnati chili. He brings such a broad perspective to the table. I don't think there's anything he doesn't seem to have a strong grasp upon. He understands sabermetrics as well as anyone, yet he also understands the non-statistical and business side of running a franchise.

Finishing a close second are Red Storm, M2, and princeton. All bring great ideas and have great vision. I'd actually love to see M2 become the CEO of the Cincinnati Reds.

Best Trademeister

I'll go with quantity over quality here and stay with concensus - Kruster.

Best Discussion

I'll agree with RFS62 and say the discussion on Moneyball. If nothing else, the publicity the book received opened up a dialogue and gave a little more credibility to the sabermetric movement.

Best Use of Statistics

This is an easy one nd it looks like a near unanimous vote. WOY doesn't just post lot of stats, he makes a point with them. You rarely see anyone disputing what he's saying either because he lets the stats speak for themselves.

SteelSD deserves mention here. He really understands statistics a deeper level than most people I know.

Most Positive

TeamBoone and TeamCasey. I wish I had it in me, but I don't.

Nicest

cincinnati chili and RFs62 are in a dead heat for this one. Both seem like genuinely great people.

chili is always repsecful of everyone. I've never seen him move to the dark side of personal insults. I've never seen him "raise his voice" to anyone, yet he contributes to heated discussions with rationality and intelligence on both the baseball and non-BB forums. He can speak to people on both sides of an issue as well as anyone I've seen here.

I could the same things about RFS62. I think he's widely considered the RedsZone ambassador of goodwill. If there's anyone who could bring peace to a heated discussion or argument, it's RFS62.

Best Moderator

All of 'em. Some are more visible than others, but I have no doubt they all contribute in a significat way to the success of this board.

I don't think we show our appreciation enough to those whose efforts allow us to enjoy the land of RedsZone. Thanks guys!

Rookie of the Year

This is another easy one. Ravenlord by a long shot. It's amazing how much he's grown in his short time here. the scary thing is he's only 19 years old. By the time he's my age, he might be the next Rob Neyer. He hungers and thirsts for knowledge and understanding of this game and has the humility to know that others can help.

Best Outsider

Ramp101. Congrats ramp!

Most Valuable Poster

guernsey. Even though he's been somewhat absent of late, over the course of the year he's been the MVP.

Comeback Poster of the Year

I'll go with the concensus again with Red Storm. I can't really add much to what's been said already. I was actually going to wrte exactly what RFS62 said. I always feel like I'm smarter for having read what Red Storm posts. Plus, he has the gift of exaplining so clearly what I am thinking. I have loads of respect for Stormy and hope he continues his contributions.

Best Tag Line

Raisor at one point had his paypal account number and asked that we all pay him. I thought that was pretty funny.

Best Moniker

MWM for it's creativity. :evilgrin:

Most Long-Winded

GAC over on the non-BB board. Yes, even over Edskin.

Most Negative

REDREAD by 12 lengths.

Most Under-Rated Poster

I don't know how under-rated she is, but LGJ is a great poster who doesn't get the recongnition she deserves. She has a great ability to sift through the chaff to get at the wheat of any discussion. That's a common trait of highly successfule people.

Most Eloquent

Falls City Beer, with special mention to M2 and Red Storm. I love FCB's posts and wish he would post more often. He has a wonderful working knowledge of the english language and a unique outlook on baseball and life in general. He's clever and intelligent and isn't afraid to rock the boat. For a brief moment, he even crossed the line and had a few positive things to say about the REds changes in 2003. Didn't last long, but it was nice to see.

Most Tired Topic

I'll go with Steel on this one and say the Adam Dunn can't hit topic.

Best One-Liner

"Foli would give the go sign to his daughter's prom date." -- KYRedsFan

Best Poster

I'm not going to distinguish here. I don't know who the best is, but I do know who my favorites are. These are the ones who I make a point to read everything they post: M2, woy, Red Storm, RFS62, Coop, Steel, Ravenlord, LGJ, guernsey, 15Fan, Biitenr Pill, CQ, Johnny Footstool, Roy Tucker, bucksfan, FCB, Chip, RedsBaron, backbencher, D-Man (not around very often but incredibly insightful), Crash Davis, Dr. Scott (where are you?).

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting and i apologize.

I'll echo the sentiments of my good friend RFS62. I love this site. I really believe the time I spend here adds value to the enjoyment of my life. Thanks to all for making this board special.
    Last edited by MWM; 12-03-2003 at 04:19 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I couldn't possibly make out a list because i wouldn't want to leave anyone out.

You're all a pretty okay bunch.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

GUERNSEY...... MAKES IT EASY FOR THOSE WHO CARE TO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT'S HAPPENING DOWN ON THE FARM.

Most missed poster

Redstorm. When not posting regularly, Redszone is a lesser site without him.
    I also miss seeing Boss post more on baseball stuff. Just hangs around wielding the mod stick nowadays!

Most Valuable Poster

Depending on criteria, my vote goes to guernsey. I think some writers send him their articles before they post em on the net. Always has some great info to start any discussion.
    M2, Steel, woy always have good insight.
    I really like 66's stuff on the non baseball side.

Most Clever

Wherefore art thou RedRoser?

Best Armchair GM
    M2, gm, Redstorm.

Best Discussion
    cincinnati chili and lgj get my vote. Bring the love of the game, the understanding and knowledge of the business, and unwavering objectivity to all discussions. Never out to make themselves look better or smarter than others.

Funniest
    BCubb rocks. '62's stream of one liners is uncanny.

Best Use of Statistics

woy. Anyone who incorporates such a plethora of sarcasm into the matrix of SABR stats gets the nod.

Most Positive
    TB. Downright passionate about that positivity too!
    (honorable mention to rila for March-May 2003)

Most Negative
    DelaHozer. His negativity still lives on
    (dishonorable mention to rila June-Oct 2003 )

Nicest

lgj, '62, Randy, SC, TC, Larkin fan, Sava, Bob Borkowski. (just stay on their good side )

Best Moderator

Chip. Gotta stick up for the Iowa boy.

Best Chatter

GAC, on work nights. (read...no liquids )

Best Outsider

ramp. Relatively little gloating from the phish phan. A true baseball fan who adds a lot to this site
    Last edited by VR; 12-03-2003 at 09:54 PM.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Originally posted by MWM
    [B]Phil, I was going to vote for you for best looking, but then you had to go post that picture. Bad timing. :evilgrin:
    oh, for the love of pete! I knew I should have waited!

Best Tag Line

Raisor at one point had his paypal account number and asked that we all pay him. I thought that was pretty funny.
    That reminds me. As of this date, the send Raisor to Vegas fund has netted: $0.00.

Come on folks, we need to do better then that!

:evilgrin:

Best Outsider Ramp. Also, he went to prom with a really hot chick.
    that reason alone is good enough

thanks for the props guys.... now its time i show my true colors and gloat :evilgrin:

Originally posted by ramp101
    that reason alone is good enough

thanks for the props guys.... now its time i show my true colors and gloat :evilgrin:
    Easy pal. You can easily be replaced by MattyMo at any time
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?