Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Third Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    By the way, I'm still here. I'm actually working on my updated Trade Scorecard, once O'Brien gets off his O'Butt and DOES SOMETHING.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Worst Typist Award

I hadn't decided on this one yet, but now I give it to moondog.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I was not mentioned at all in this thread. I know I am not very well-known or well-remembered as a poster, but shouldn't I get some credit for starting the infamous "Marty Picking His Nose" Thread?

Originally posted by Hap
    shouldn't I get some credit for starting the infamous "Marty Picking His Nose" Thread?
    HAHAHA that was a classic!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Originally posted by Hap
    I was not mentioned at all in this thread. I know I am not very well-known or well-remembered as a poster, but shouldn't I get some credit for starting the infamous "Marty Picking His Nose" Thread?
    Yes, indeed you should!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Originally posted by Hap
    Are you a registered democrat? If so it was probably just an oversight.

Originally posted by SteelSD
    Nicest Poster: GAC. Heck, anyone who can put up with me has the goods. You'll be the first guy I call up when I make my next trip to Cinci.
    Still trying to worm your way into my good graces for those 1960's X-Men comics huh?

CRAWL BABY!.... CRAWL!

:evilgrin:
    Last edited by GAC; 12-06-2003 at 09:36 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I humbly believe in self promotion.

VOTE GAC!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Originally posted by GAC
    I humbly believe in self promotion.

VOTE GAC!

Best Browns analyst - GAC
    Best Bengals analyst - Terry

Hell, if GAC can self-promote...I'd like some love for all the pbp I do in chat for you non-Extra Innings Folk!!!

Still trying to worm your way into my good graces for those 1960's X-Men comics huh?
    Would crawling, my Rob Dibble autographed hat, my Sean Casey game worn jersey card, and a couple hundred bucks be defined as "worming"?

If so, color me segmented.:evilgrin:

I hadn't even intended to post on this thread. I'm a slow typist and I couldn't begin to list all of the posters whom I've enjoyed reading......but then I read M2's post containing the almost lyrical post of Old Red Guard about ballplayers from decades ago. Thank you so much M2 for re-posting that. I always enjoyed ORG's posts. I'm surprised I missed that post the first time. The writing quality was much better than many works which have been published. I miss ORG.
    I won't try to make any award nominations, but I will mention a few of the posters I always try to read. Redstorm posts are more in-depth and thoughtful than any sportswriter I have ever read; he has calling higher than that of a lawyer. WOY and SteelSD have a marvelous grasp of statistical baseball analysis-I never try to debate them, but I do enjoy reading them. I like my fellow West Virginians, Randy in Charlotte NC (my own real name is Randy) and WVFan. RFS62 has a broad range of knowledge and just seems to be a great all around person. Larkin Fan doesn't post as much and I miss him-he and another favorite poster, Bob Borkowski, have helped push our song thread past 7000. I enjoy Ravenlord, Team Casey, M2, Chip R. GAC usually makes me laugh, and he and Phoenix can be counted on to keep debates going with RedsFaithful and Rojo, whom I also usually read, even though I usually disagree with them on the non-baseball side of this forum. My wife can't understand why I spend so much time here, but accessing RedsZone is one of the first things I do in the morning and one of the last things at night.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 12-06-2003 at 07:19 PM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Most missed poster
    I miss Larkin Fan and Creek.

Best tag line
    letsgojunior.

Best Moniker
    poopy.

Most Valuable Poster
    guernsey or westofyou.

Most Clever
    Bcubb.

Best Armchair GM
    princeton or M2 or cincinnati chili…

Best Trademeister
    Krusty.

Best Discussion
    The OPS thread because of the comparison of Juan Pierre and Jose Cruz Jr.

Worst Typist
    Usually me. I never feel like I’m explaining things as clear as I should be.

Funniest
    Johnny Footstool.

Best Use of Statistics
    The people who changed my mind from an AVG and HR and SB being the best offensive stats when I first came over here: SteelSD, Raisor, westofyou, cincinnati chili, MWM, M2, Johnny Footstool, princeton, and others who I am regretfully forgetting.

Most Long-winded
    Edskin.

Most Positive
    what’s that? Oh yeah, that thing on the Cubs and Royals boards…I’ll have to say TeamBoone.

Most Negative
    REDREAD.

Best Use of an Emoticon
    savafan.

Nicest
    MWM and GAC.

Best Moderator
    Chip or CougarQuest.

Best Chatter
    Hmmmm…….hmmmm….my limited chat experience says a tie between GAC and SteelSD.

Best Newcomer
    KronoRed, Missionhockey21, or SYCMiniBus

Best Outsider
    Ramp.

Most Controversial
    Based on his stuff from the non-baseball side: Redsfaithful.

Most Underrated Poster
    MWM, Kc61, macro, and Guacarock

Best Looking Male
    Raisor

Best Looking Female
    LadyRaven

Master of the Metal
    Ravenlord.:rockon:
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Originally posted by Ravenlord
    [Best Looking Male
    Raisor

Damn right!

:hat:

I just got around to reading this thread. I didn't know I was gone, but thanks for missing me. I've been working way too much. Some days when I get home I'm too tired to turn on the computer, much less actually read. And sadly, no unclass computer access where I work, so I am no longer get paid for surfing the Zone.

So when I go missing again, remember, I am just working (or I have run off with Adam Dunn).

I'm going to have to do some thinking about my votes, but I can cast one right now.

Best Looking Male
    Raisor

And since I just looked at the latest addition to the photo gallery, just a little note to Phil - she isn't all that, you'll end up doing much, much better (prettier and a Reds fan).
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?