Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality, baseball's biggest taboo

For all those who come into a thread like this and make definitive statements about homosexuality being a sin and what not, there are those of us who are just as certain that you're morally, ethically and biblically wrong.
    Chip,

Wasn't concerned about censorship. I was addressing M2s hand smacking of those espousing the historic Christian position regarding the topic (including the Roman Catholic position. It isn't just the Bible thumping Fundamentalists), daring to speak up and make an absolute statement.

As for the topic, if ballplayers do have problems with being in the same locker room as a homosexual, I agree with the position that it is not a real mature response. I've never understood what gives folks the willies with homosexuals in a lockerroom. It isn't like you're going to get propositioned or raped. If you do receive unwelcome advances, handle it with respect and move on. Getting hit on should be flattering, whether it be from the same or the opposite sex :evilgrin: Is that outside the Christian worldview?
    Last edited by traderumor; 03-01-2004 at 04:14 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    No, stepping out on your spouse is not good.

But also, just because something changes that you do not see as *good* because it goes against your particular beliefs does not mean that it is not good for the parties actually effected by the change. (not talking about cheating here...talking about giving equal rights to people or giving them the freedom to be able to express themselves and live the life they believe they are destined to live).

Originally posted by paulrichjr
    It use to be a major problem in society when someone "stepped out" on their spouse. Today it is no big deal. Does this make it right? Just because we change doesn't mean it is for the good.

Originally posted by traderumor
    Chip,

Wasn't concerned about censorship. I was addressing M2s hand smacking of those espousing the historic Christian position regarding the topic (including the Roman Catholic position. It isn't just the Bible thumping Fundamentalists), daring to speak up and make an absolute statement.
    Hand smacking?

You think A and I think B. Never said more than that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Ok, sorry M2. Took what you said wrong.

Originally posted by traderumor
    Ok, sorry M2. Took what you said wrong.
    It even sounds like we agree as it applies to baseball.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

What bothers me most is the lack of grace given towards those that are perceived to be wrong. God must be a real son of a *itch while the rest of us have enough empathy to not judge --God just can't pull it off.

Basically, yes we do. It is also a bit hypocritical since some of their lockerroom buddies are married and have girlfriends on the road, the single guys are likely to be sleeping with many women, including prostitutes, and others ( or the same ones) are doing illegal drugs. Kind of funny to pick out a homosexual as not worthy of their company.

I said it on the other board --if we as humans have the grace to over look others and not judge --then surely a God can do the same --give him/her some credit. And if you believe that God doesn't have enough grace to overlook perceived sins -than what kind of faith do you have ...really.
    Very well put, Cooper.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I said it on the other board --if we as humans have the grace to over look others and not judge --then surely a God can do the same --give him/her some credit. And if you believe that God doesn't have enough grace to overlook perceived sins -than what kind of faith do you have ...really.
    I must've missed this one. I would ask what kind of God you have that "overlooks" sin? The God revealed in Scripture perfectly names sin, so there can be no misperception. Grace does not overlook sin. It is, in a technical sense, one with authority, bestowing undeserved kindness toward a subordinate. It is not overlooking sin. Perhaps the term you are referring to is mercy? Another attribute of God, but it isn't representing that God overlooks sin, but that according to his good pleasure, he does not always (but can) judge sin immediately and demand payment--which as the book of Romans warns us is death. God is never portrayed as overlooking Scripture. He has always required that sin debts be paid in full. The Israelites did this imperfectly with the sacrificial system, Christ accomplished this perfectly with his death on the cross. But not one sin has ever been overlooked. It will be paid for.

I would ask what kind of God you have that "overlooks" sin?
    A loving God who loves his children, even with all their faults.

Another attribute of God, but it isn't representing that God overlooks sin, but that according to his good pleasure, he does not always (but can) judge sin immediately and demand payment--which as the book of Romans warns us is death.
    That sounds more like an earthly tyrant than an omnipotent diety.

I cannot believe that God would condemn people for doing what they feel in their hearts is right.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

1990WorldChamps
    Originally posted by paulrichjr
    The guy that works in my office who is gay recently had his entire family (wife and 2 very beautiful daughters) move out on him.
    How old are the daughters? Over 18?

1990WorldChamps
    Originally posted by Johnny Footstool
    A loving God who loves his children, even with all their faults.

That sounds more like an earthly tyrant than an omnipotent diety.

I cannot believe that God would condemn people for doing what they feel in their hearts is right.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts, Johnny.

God is love. God is mercy. God is just. God is light. God is peace. God hates ***s.

See anything there that doesn't belong?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Originally posted by Redsland
    God is love. God is mercy. God is just. God is light. God is peace. God hates ***s.

See anything there that doesn't belong?
    Last edited by Hubba; 03-01-2004 at 09:32 PM.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Originally posted by Redsland
    God hates ***s.
    That is actually a church website

PS. Its Dr. Fred Phelps church, for those interested. Im of protestant belief, but this guy has crossed a fine line.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?