Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's do the Time Warp Again!

Re: Let's do the Time Warp Again!

Oh the fun we're going to have with the name Zach Bonkowski.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Oh the fun we're going to have with the name Zach Bonkowski.
    Zach Attack! It makes sense now. This is one of Zach's money-making schemes he and Screech cooked up. Principal Belding is going to be so mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I've been Bonkowskied!

Hey,

If Zach Bonkowski has a sister named Anita and she marries Jung Bong, would she by Anita Bong Bonkowski or Anita Bonkoski Bong?

I'd vote for the first one personally.

Heck - maybe Jung Bong has a sister, I could marry her, and she could be Mrs. Puffy Bong. Oh the possibilities.
    Last edited by Puffy; 04-06-2004 at 02:51 PM.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

All dyslexics must untie!

Aren't first and last names switched in Korea? (like, you'd call someone "Smith, John" instead of "John Smith") Or am I thinking of some other Asian culture?

"If Janet Pine married Forrest Tucker, she'd be..."

"Janet Tucker, Jerry" -- Martin Mull
    Last edited by gm; 04-06-2004 at 03:02 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

Another reply from Zach:

Sir/Maam,

After discussing this problem with our ballpark dining company, Sportservice, they informed me that there was no cost cutting involved. Last years cup program was a four part series. Because of the declining attendance at the ballpark after unfortunate team injuries, the forth cup was never printed.

They thought that there would be a lot of Reds collectors out there that wanted to see cup number four, which they now have. Yesterday we had both cups numbers three and four for purchase and they will be available during the beginning portion of the season.

And you were correct, this year's cup series will include a cup honoring both Barry and Joe's retirement from the Reds.

As always, we will do our best, along with our partners such as Sportservice, to make every fans experience at the ballpark as enjoyable as possible. We hope this helps explain the situation,

Zach Bonkowski
    Marketing Operations & Events Coordinator
    CINCINNATI REDS
    Great American Ball Park
    100 Main Street
    Cincinnati, OH 45202-4109
    zbonkowski@cincyreds.com <mailto:zbonkowski@cincyreds.com>
    Voice 513-765-7037
    Fax 513-765-7153
    http://www.cincinnatireds.com/ <http://www.cincinnatireds.com/>
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Another reply from Zach:

Sir/Maam,

After discussing this problem with our ballpark dining company, Sportservice, they informed me that there was no cost cutting involved. Last years cup program was a four part series. Because of the declining attendance at the ballpark after unfortunate team injuries, the forth cup was never printed.

They thought that there would be a lot of Reds collectors out there that wanted to see cup number four, which they now have. Yesterday we had both cups numbers three and four for purchase and they will be available during the beginning portion of the season.
    Hmmm, then why does that cup look so familiar if it was never printed? I will have to take a look when I get home to see if Zach is full of it or not.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I will have to take a look when I get home to see if Zach is full of it or not.
    You think he's full of Bonkowski??? I'd guess he probably is

Well if the forth cup was never printed, why print it for this year? Why not do something else? Maybe because the Reds already paid for it? Even if they were
    printed on Sunday, it's still incredibly lame to have the "Inagural" Cup this year.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Hmmm, then why does that cup look so familiar if it was never printed?
    Would it be Cup #3? To be honest I didn't know that there were different cups (I don't like Pepsi products) and I only have one cup...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

So let me get this straight. They allowed last year's screw up, not issuing all four cups, to spill over into a new screw up this season, issuing a cup with the wrong year on it.

Times like this you wish their hands could find their rears in order to remove their heads. That is a major league Bonkowski they just pulled.

You guys asked for a reasonable explanation, you got one. Apparently, those collectors looking for the missing cups aren't RedZoners since I didn't see any happy little posters that are so glad they handled this as such.

And Zach was overheard to say:"I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for that pesky Chip, and the rest of those meddling RedZoners."

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Would it be Cup #3? To be honest I didn't know that there were different cups (I don't like Pepsi products) and I only have one cup...
    You're probably right. I re-read the e-mail and I think I may have seen Cup #3. I guess I misunderstood that and thought the one I saw was the one that wasn't printed. Still, it's poor marketing. Having 2003 cups in 2004 is just plain dumb.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

It's only reasonable if you allow for the Reds being a hopelessly inept business ... and if you assume Bonkowski's reply wasn't just a fancy way of saying, "We contracted to have these cups printed and, dammit, we're not using new ones until they're gone."

If it was such a big deal to offer the fourth cup, it should have been scheduled for last year. It was as simple as putting it on a calendar. Otherwise the response to issuing last year's cup now should have been, "That's all well and good, but it's 2004 and I think we have to assume people know that."
    Last edited by M2; 04-06-2004 at 07:06 PM.

It's only reasonable if you allow for the Reds being a hopelessly inept business
    I think that's a bit, ok a lot, of an overstatement for a matter such as this. This is not that big of a honking deal. Plausible decision making process on this one: "Yea we have these cups from last year. Do you think anyone will notice or care? Do you think someone would form a conclusion about our organization because technically this is 'last year's cup?' Nah, me neither. Let's go ahead and use 'em. At least for those wanting the full collection they can get one, and the rest of 'em could probably care less." Guess they underestimated the degree of minutiae that some concern themselves with.

Turn Off Ads?