Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's do the Time Warp Again!

Let's do the Time Warp Again!

I sure had a nice day at the first season at GAB. What? You mean this is the second season at GAB? Well that's not what the souvenier soda cups said. They said it was the inagural season at GAB and it told of the first Reds win there.

I try to defend the Reds organization even when they do things that seem indefensible. But bringing back souvenier cups from last season is just downright pitiful. I know it's not as big a thing as trading Reitsma or not going out and buying an ace starter and it's really not that big of a deal to me but for the love of Mike at least get new souvenier cups for the new season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Let's do the Time Warp Again!

now THAT is cheap....they're probably ones that were used last year and left under the seats after the games

I hope they're sanitized...

And they said Marge Schott was cheap. :al_cohol:
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Hey, at least we have a beautiful ballpark

Wonder if those green hot dogs were left over from St Paddy's or last season...
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

...you mean that wasn't relish?

It's not that it's just cheap, it's bad marketing. They are selling the ballpark instead of the team. Instead of a cup they didn't sell from last season how bout a cup with a tribute to Joe or Barry since this will be their last active seasons with the club.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The team will be giving 110%....

It'll be a fun experience at GABP..and our HOF will be done soon

At least it didn't say "Welcome to Year 34 of Your Riverfront Stadium!" (THEN what would the team have to promote?)

Last edited by Redsland; 04-05-2004 at 09:54 PM.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Are you sure that the cup wasn't just recalling some of the highlights of GAB? You make it sound as if they sold cups from last years opening day, but they couldn't have been from that game if it told of the first GAB win as well. I didn't go and obviosuly don't have the cup, but I was just curious. Anyone else see this cup?

I have a few of the cups here at the house...they are from last season, not from last Opening Day, but what Cuip says makes sense...why not have a new cup for a new year? Seems kinda chincy to me....

New year, same product...

Quote Originally Posted by UCmaroons
    Are you sure that the cup wasn't just recalling some of the highlights of GAB? You make it sound as if they sold cups from last years opening day, but they couldn't have been from that game if it told of the first GAB win as well. I didn't go and obviosuly don't have the cup, but I was just curious. Anyone else see this cup?
    Yeah I saw them. Same one I got a million of last season. They say Inaugural Season just as big as can be.

At least they passed out flags with 50 stars.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    But bringing back souvenier cups from last season is just downright pitiful. I know it's not as big a thing as trading Reitsma or not going out and buying an ace starter and it's really not that big of a deal to me but for the love of Mike at least get new souvenier cups for the new season.
    Chip, IMHO, it's worse. Have a lot left from last year? It's ok to use them, just not on Opening Day. It looks bad. Hand last year's cup to someone on June 25? Who cares? A lot of people won't even notice. On Opening Day, everything should be new. From a marketing standpoint, you can't always control what happens on the field, but you try at project a positive image. A generic cup? fine. Last year's cup here and there throughout the season? No problem. Just not on Opening Day.

Red Flash

Is Chip seeing the light?

Turn Off Ads?