Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's do the Time Warp Again!

Re: Let's do the Time Warp Again!

Horrible.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well, we know the payroll slashing didn't go to cup making.....but they may have eliminated that department

But they are selling opposing team merchandise now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flash
    Is Chip seeing the light?
    I have never been under any illusions about the lousy way the Reds market their team and this cup thing is just another chapter in a long line of PR missteps for the Reds. D*ck W*agner may have been a lousy GM but he was able to market the Reds a million times better than this bunch. I'm sure they try but Bob Boone tried too. Can you imagine the meeting that this dandy idea came up at? "OK, any ideas on what we should do for souvenier cups this year for Opening Day?"

"How about we have some kind of tribute to Barry Larkin. It's his last Opening Day, you know."

"Terrible idea! What's the matter with you? Anyone else?"

"Yeah, it's Joe Nuxhall's last season, how about we have a cup with him on it. Fans just love Joe."

"Stupid idea. Anyone else?"

"Yeah, how about since we didn't sell all those cups we had from last year, we try to sell the rest of them this year? We sure as heck can't promote anything else besides the ball park."

"Brilliant! You get a promotion!"

Frank Bancroft is probably spinning in his grave right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

You nailed it! The payroll slashing went toward the raise for that employees promotion!!

:thumbdn:
    Another dumb idea by the bozos running this club, but Allen doesn't care, another opening day sell out..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

No, no Chip, you've got it all wrong. It's was an Opening Day Classic Swag promotion. This way you can recall that refreshing sip of watered-down cola you took when the Atlanta Braves turned Jeff Austin into a pinata.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

At least now we understand the 2004 slogan "It's more than just a game"... behind the scenes in the Reds offices they have the rest of it posted, "It's more than just a game, it's a chance to pawn off last years stuff to the fans who pay $30 a ticket to see Jimmy Haynes pitch. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha."
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Cheap cheap cheap
    Go Gators!

Has someone sent an email to the Reds FO about this snafu, yet?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Has someone sent an email to the Reds FO about this snafu, yet?

The Reds don't use email, they prefer smoke signals, cheaper that way :cool2:
    Go Gators!

I care more about what's IN the cup, then what is one the outside!

Now was the beer from last year also? :GAC:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Now was the beer from last year also? :GAC:
    I do think they increased the price. Bring your pennies on Friday.

Handicap parking increased too. Yes I know that's run by the city, but I would guess the Reds get a cut. It was $7 (I think) the last season at Riverfront, $10 last year at the GAB and $12 this year. Plus the garage under the GAB is at least twice the size it was last season (they opened up the area under the HofF side), so someone is pulling in some dough from that.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Sounds to me like being invited to dinner and complaining about the filet mignon because the hostess served it on her everyday plates instead of the fine china. I hear what you're all saying, but man, that's some pretty serious nitpicking. Besides, since I know some of you are involved in business, perhaps they had new cups planned but the supplier didn't deliver. Maybe it was a mixup with Sportservice. In other words, maybe there's another explanation that you might seek by contacting the Reds if its really such a big deal to you instead of jumping to the conclusion that its because they are "cheap."

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    The Reds don't use email, they prefer smoke signals, cheaper that way :cool2:
    jallen@cincyreds.com
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?