Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What annoys you most?

Re: What annoys you most?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Relax. it's been a long running arguement on this board. You should really see Raisors "Old Standby".
    Well, since it's been requested!

I'm sure we can agree to the following:
    A Double is better then a Single.
    A Triple is better then a Double.
    A Home Run is better then a Triple.
    Now, assuming we CAN agree to all of that, why would you use a stat that measures all hits the same AND completely ignores Walks, especially when we have other stats that do measure all of that?
    There, I feel better now.
    :RedinDC:

2. Turn Off Ads?

see? i told you it was good. it's flawed of course, but it is good.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    (4) Batters who "act like they want to charge a pitcher".
    >> Do it! Do not take baby steps toward the mound. Do not give the catcher and half of both benches time to get there. You wanna act tough, then rush to the hill. Throw a few punches before everyone gets there.
    Yeah!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

What annoys me the most:

1) Generational Welfare recipients, while I work my ass off with a full time job, in school part time, building a house, wife and two kids. I'm not on welfare and I'm making it. It's called work ethic, look it up.

2) People who sue over stupid crap. Did you forget to get in line when God handed out the common sense or were you to busy staring at a light in awe like a bug about to be zapped. New U.S. slogan: If it went wrong, it was his fault, if it went right, it was my idea.

3) Drivers who act like they are the only one on the road. I don't condone what road rage drivers do, but I sure understand. Like for the instance when the guy who got cut off by a woman reached in and took her dog and threw it into traffic,....he took the wrong being out of the car. I love it when somebody cuts you off and gives you a dirty look like it was your fault.

4) Politicians. Does it really matter who we vote in? They are all crooks who get paid $130,000 to work 1/4 of the year. I don't trust them, but I still vote hoping against hope. Perfect breakdown: "Poli" means many, while "tics" are blood-sucking creatures.

5) Athletes who wine about wanting to be paid what they are worth and holding out. So, $3 million isn't enough to live on there RIchie Rich, you need $7 million to help your family out and support your family. Excuse me, I need to go get a tissue................................. OK, I'm back. My wife and I make less than $50,000 combined. It can be done. Quit whining you overpaid, whiny, ignorante piece of monkey feces. I'm supposed to feel sorry for you? I feel sorry for our troops in Iraq getting their arses fired at on a daily basis, not you who needs that payday so that you can go pick out the Thursday afternoon BMW to add to your collection.

6) Owners who whine about the salaries being outrageous. I'm having a hard time coming up with the rationale on this one. Who pays these athletes? Morons.

Ok, enough for now. Please

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    Who pays these athletes? Morons.
    You and I do Jeremy... you, me and all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    Like for the instance when the guy who got cut off by a woman reached in and took her dog and threw it into traffic,....he took the wrong being out of the car.
    he was the one who cut HER off.

http://www.debased.com/debased/conte...throw-new.html

The Police Department has one lead investigator and an assistant working on the case. McBurnett said she tapped the man's vehicle after he cut her off in heavy traffic near the San Jose airport. When confronted by the driver, McBurnett said, she rolled down her window to apologize. That's when the subject snatched Leo and fled.

Andrew Burnett, in prison for flinging a bichon frisé dog into traffic during a fit of road rage three years ago, is suing the dead dog's former owner and the Mercury News for causing him everything from mental anguish to post-traumatic stress disorder over the matter.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...al/5283757.htm

Westofyou,
    I guess in a roundabout way, I do pay the athletes, but I don't make the contract offers and I don't do the scouting. I don't sign the paychecks.

Sorry about the guy with the dog, I thought it was the other way around.
    Ridiculous that he is suing. Should have thought about that before hand.
    Like I said, I understand what they do, but I don't condone the violence.

Ah, as a great fan of 60s baseball (too bad there weren't more of them, maybe the mound would have never been lowered), just heard an annoying comment on the Orioles-Red Sox game (3-1 Sox) about how the Royals-White Sox game was the most exciting of Opening Day because of the 9-7 comeback victory, yet I greatly enjoyed catching the end of the Pirates 2-1 victory over the Phils. I'll take a good ole pitcher's duel, or a nice 4-3 game over the softball-like fare that we are so often spoon fed. Of course, 2-1 games don't make for many ESPN highlights, I guess.

The guy who threw a dog in traffic needs to be locked up for life, sorry but I have little tolerance for nut jobs who think it's ok to be cruel to any innocent domestic animal, you do that when your pissed about traffic you're a sick human being who needs to be in jail for the rest of your life.

To keep this on topic, they annoy me.
    Go Gators!

What annoys me the most is the idea that the Reds won't compete this year only because of starting pitching. I think the starters are improved over last year, when Mr. Andersen was on the squad. And with Acevedo and Harang, at least there are some young starters who may have a future. The team has tried, under Bowden and OBrien, to fix the rotation and deserve credit for trying (so far unsuccessfully, but the future looks ok).

But the bullpen is worse. Sullivan, Williamson, Reitsma, White, Heredia, etc. all gone. Replacements are probably not as good.

The starting position players are unimproved. I won't say worse, since Jimenez wasn't here when the season opened in 03. But no other good position player was added. I still can't stand all the strikeout artists at the bat.

The bench. Let's not get morose.

If the Reds don't get some better young position players, we may see Jimmy Haynes at third base soon. At least he can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    The guy who threw a dog in traffic needs to be locked up for life, sorry but I have little tolerance for nut jobs who think it's ok to be cruel to any innocent domestic animal, you do that when your pissed about traffic you're a sick human being who needs to be in jail for the rest of your life.

To keep this on topic, they annoy me.
    I use to commute on that streach of road where he did it, it's right in front of the SJC Airport, 6 lane street, 3 both ways. he did it at a light at a major intersection that when at rush hour there is easily 100 cars poised at all four lights.

Westofyou,
    I guess in a roundabout way, I do pay the athletes, but I don't make the contract offers and I don't do the scouting. I don't sign the paychecks.
    Right, but also a 40 K house in 1971 goes for 200K or more in some places, the rookie salary in 1969 was in the $6600 neighborhood. The union has created along with the fans the cult of the superstar, that bus driven by multi channeled marketing and the boomng cottage industry of baseball related items makes it a lucrative business, one that bleeds cash in many markets and stuffs mattresses in others. I think currently the sport is experiencing an adjustment back to controled spending for fringe talent, soon there won't be as many losers making so much money that it makes you sick, however the slaary of rookie in MLB would do me just fine.

I know many of the folks around here are into the "business of baseball" as in the money/allocation so on and so on. If I spent as much time thinking about the business of the game as I did the game I'd hate the game. That's why I like the season the best and try not to live pitch to pitch, the season is like a big ol puddle of mud and I'm just a pig who wants to roll around in it and suck up the good life before someone hangs me by my feet and makes me dinner.

Rumor has it they eat alot of pork these days in the Linder house.

David Justice doing color commentary. That is easily the most annoying thing on the planet. He makes Tim McCarver seem concise, pithy, and insightful.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Off days...especially after a loss

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232
    Off days...especially after a loss
    Another 10-4, why can't we just get a 4 game series to start the year? or take thursday off, yeesh.
    Go Gators!

War and death and violence and pain and suffering.

People who park in handicap slots and jog into the store.

Players who cross themselves and point to Heaven after every hit.

That I'm not 24 and hot and single and living in Cincinnati.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?