Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
My team is basically the same as it was above with a few changes...I disabled Larry Walker, dropped A.J. Pierzynski, Joe Nathan and Jason Isringhausen and picked up Arthur Rhodes, Migue Cabrera, David Ortiz and Matt Herges. My current lineup is:

C Mike Piazza
1B Mike Sweeney
2B Marcus Giles
3B Hank Blalock
SS A-Rod
OF Lance Berkman
OF Johnny Damon
OF Migue Cabrera
Utility David Ortiz

Any other moves you can suggest making or should I just wait it out and wait for some of my stars to turn it around? Thanks.

Boss

Boss,
Your offense is fine, just starting slow. I'm assuming that you have O.Cabrera, Abreu, and Vidro on the bench. I really liked the moves you made to pick up Ortiz and M. Cabrera. Those guys are going to be great this year...both over 30 HR and 100 RBI in my opinion, in other words not guys that should be available via free agency / waiver wire. The one player I do not like is Johnny Damon. I know that he gives you runs, stolen bases, a decent average, but it doesn't go beyond that. I would see if you could package Damon with Vidro and get a good OF back in return, preferably one that could steal a base or two...look at the teams in your league that have the worst 2nd basemen and post back here with their lineup and I'll see if I can give you trade ideas.

For instance.

Team A has Roberto Alomar at 2B and Magglio Ordonez, Rondell White, Juan Gonzalez in the OF, and Travis Hafner at UTIL.

Team B has D. Jimenez at 2B and R. Hidalgo, H. Matsui, and C. Beltran in the OF.

etc. etc.