Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What brought you to RedsZone?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • The original migration

49 36.57%
  • Word-of-mouth

17 12.69%
  • I saw a T-shirt!

0 0%
  • Yahoo!

8 5.97%
  • Google

9 6.72%
  • Other search engine

6 4.48%
  • Other message board

31 23.13%
  • Other sports-related website

8 5.97%
  • Other

6 4.48%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did you find/hear about RedsZone?

Re: How did you find/hear about RedsZone?

Migrated. Didn't post all that much till I broke my leg and ankle and I had nothing to do but watch TV and surf. Now they'll have to pry the keyboard out of my cold dead hands.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Link on spitter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232
    Link on spitter.com

How'd you find the Spitter? I'm just curious. I found Spitter through a link at RedsZone.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder
    On the general discussion board of another sports website, somebody asked for a good Reds message board & another poster mentioned Redszone, so I eventually decided to check it out & it's now the only Reds message board I visit.
    That's exactly how I found RedsZone. Someone asked the best, most knowledgeable Reds board, and another poster said RedsZone was really good, but that he didn't post here. Warned us to read for a while before posting, because he said that the board could be really hard on outsiders. I never found it that way.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I started posting on the Fastball.com site all the way back in 1995 (this coming fall marks 10 years for me on the internet...wow!) Anyway, I think Chip and Princeton and a few others were there at that time as well.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Google search for "Reds message board." Is there a prize for least interesting method?

Don't know if it was the "original" migration, but I came over from the Enquirer. board. Sounds like the first immigrants came from Dayton.

I was confused about the migration as well. I think some folks like M2, Princeton, GM, WoY and others came the way MWM describes and some folks came from the Enquirer.

From the enquirer board.......Santo I didn't know you were Ed Armbrister......Texas Scarecrow....Gallagher.....Nutholio Nux....ahh memories. OH BTW who was the lady from Seattle who blistered Griffey constantly, she was actually quite knowledgeable about baseball but really biased towards Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I started posting on the Fastball.com site all the way back in 1995 (this coming fall marks 10 years for me on the internet...wow!) Anyway, I think Chip and Princeton and a few others were there at that time as well.
    I know I wasn't on there in 1995. I didn't even have the internet then. I think I got on there in 1996 in the latter part of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I first read fastball.com in 1997, but only made about 2 posts. I remember M2, Chip, princeton, Drew, and S. Wright (aka Krusty), westofyou, and Brad (I think this is now gm).
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

i was looking for some Reds fans to talk smack with and found em....

seriously, i was looking for some Reds fans to talk about possible trades with the Marlins and soon after I came over you traded for that ace Ryan Dempster

it was a fair deal..... you get Demp and I get another WS.....

Original migration from the cincinnati.com board where I had many battles with Gallagher and de la Hoz
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I originally came over after the cincinnati.com message board shut down.

Link on spitter.com
    Cool!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Came over with the Fastball, Dayton, DTFC folks

I think I was the last one to leave CincyTalk, and turn out the lights!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?