Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jimenez as a starter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jimenez as a starter?

Is Jimenez an adequate starter in a 12 team league?

In a 12 team league I have Vidro at second but Im shopping him for pitching, so I pulled Jimenez off the wire. I also have him starting in a 12 team league.

Im just wondering and hoping that im not being a homer. I have seen him on the wavier wire in a couple of leagues...so im questioning myself! But, a decent average double digit steals and homers seems reasonable to me.

Re: Jimenez as a starter?

I think you could argue that he is a top 12 second baseman this year...meaning that he is worthy of starting at 2B in a 12 team league. He's definately not the worst option there is. The problem with him fantasy-wise is that he doesn't dominate any single category. He adds numbers to each category, which helps, but he doesn't do one thing REALLY well. If you can get a good pitcher for Vidro, I'd do it. If the pitcher you are offered isn't a significant upgrade, I'd stay put with Vidro and pull a pitcher off the wire.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

thanks

Time is the Revelator.

Yeah, I have him starting in for two of my teams.

he is the weakest link on my team, but their is only 1-3 2bs worth anything, he is starting for me, he walks alot

I've got him in a 12 NL only league. He's been benched for a couple of weeks and I've been starting Bill Hall instead. He doesn't play that much, but even as a part-timer he's putting up better numbers than Jimenez.

Ahhhh...couldnt work out a deal to trade Vidro, Jimenez is struggling and Vidro is absolutly killing my average and gave me exactly 2 runs last week...I think im gonna have to pick up Mackowiak for a weekend spare.

Is 2nd base a weeker fantasy position than Catcher? Discuss
    Last edited by MuEconRedLeg; 05-20-2004 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuEconRedLeg
    Ahhhh...couldnt work out a deal to trade Vidro, Jimenez is struggling and Vidro is absolutly killing my average and gave me exactly 2 runs last week...I think im gonna have to pick up Mackowiak for a weekend spare.

Is 2nd base a weeker fantasy position than Cather? Discuss
    I have Jimenez and Vidro in one league and Jimenez and Walker in the other. Aside form Kaz Matsui he's my biggest disappointment, however I'm still in first in both leagues so I'm hoping they'll come back up when my others go down.

Turn Off Ads?