Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SERP Mission: Operation Captain All-Star

SERP Mission: Operation Captain All-Star

Time to flex our muscles. This may be Barry Larkin's last season and he's been playing pretty well.

And, frankly, 11 All-Star Games is not enough. The Captain deserves the lifetime achievement award here. It's his "On Golden Pond," his "Color of Money." We don't get to vote on the HOF, but we sure as shooting get a say in who goes to the All-Star Game. I figure if everyone on this board starts hardcore stuffing the ballot box and recruits some others to do the same, we can put a serious shift on the vote tabulation.

I've done 50 full ballots at a single game. That's 900 hole punches (really I ought to market myself for Florida voting duty). Well, imagine if you concentrated on one player, making each ballot a bullet vote for that guy? You could, theoretically, get 900-1,000 votes for that player just by your lonesome at a single game. Now get a few hundred people involved. You're talking about hundreds of thousands of votes (don't forget to max out online voting for you and everyone in your family as well).

Also, Matt over at WLW and Lance McAllister, try to get the power of the airwaves working for us. Radio talk hosts talk plenty of flak for accentuating the negative. Well, here's a chance to rally the masses behind a popular cause.

Time to send a message to the rest of the world that they ought to show some reverence to our 40-year-old shortstop. Failure to put him in means it's just another Cardinal in the starting lineup. And who wants to see that?

So let's get cracking and make it happen.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SERP Mission: Operation Captain All-Star

Sounds like a good idea. I've usually been one for selecting the best players at each position for the ASG but since Barry's my favorite player too I'm willing to bend my principles. Besides we need to get one of these things going again. I think the last time we tried something like this was when we were voting for RedsZone for best website for baseball or something like that. Unfortunately the White Sox site beat us out there but there's no shame in losing, only not trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I have already used up all of my online votes for me, my wife, my 5 year old son, and my 8 month old son (both of which are 13 on MLB.com, since that is there age requirement :MandJ: ) So I know Larkin has at least 100 votes
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Tonight's Redszone get-together seems like the perfect opportunity for some coordinated ballot-box stuffing at the ballpark...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

great idea.. I just maxed out my votes at work.. Will take care of my
    family (all 6 of us) at home.

I don't think there's a rule against pets voting either..
    Last edited by REDREAD; 05-21-2004 at 03:28 PM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    As long as they are 13 years old....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

good idea. I've voted my 25 times online already (for Barry everytime) and probably 10 more at the ballpark so far (I plan on voting at the park many many more times). However a few of my ballots may be thrown out because I wrote in Pete Rose at 3B. I don't know if they'll throw out that whole ballot or not. But not to worry, I only did that on 3 or 4 of my ballots at the very most.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    That would be great except for my dog Sunny's inexplicable fondness for Adam Everett and our cat's irritatingly bandwagon-ish fascination with Kaz Matsui....

Oh, you mean we would do the voting for our pets.... Gotcha.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Other than Jack Wilson, who's had a better year so far than Barry?

He deserves it for his play this year in addition to his lifetime achievements.

Btw...What in the HECK is a SERP.

I've been trying to figure it out, but I just can't.

I give up.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Btw...What in the HECK is a SERP.

I've been trying to figure it out, but I just can't.

I give up.
    Society of Evil Reds Posters

You're now in charge of the late night recon team. None of your crew may be captured alive.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    As long as they are 13 years old....

Is that dog years or human years? :mhcky21:

When do they begin to list the running tally of votes? Anyone know?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I would think we could get a serious campaign going here on the site.

First off, you can vote electronically - via mlb.com's home page

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp

You can vote 50 times per email address - the nice thing this year is that, when you click vote again, it keeps all of your votes from the previous session intact, making it easier and quicker to blow thru your votes.

And BTW - I don't "condone" doing this - but yahoo, lycos, hotmail, mail.com - offer free email addresses...

M2 I couldn't agree with you more. SERP unite, this is well deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Turn Off Ads?