MI - B. Roberts
    OF - Sheffield
    OF - B. Giles
    OF - M. Cabrera
    OF - M. Bradley
    UT - G. Jenkins
    UT - J. Burnitz
    DL - A. Berroa

Angel Berroa is coming off the DL tomorrow, so I will have to make a roster move (drop someone) to get him on my active roster. Another team in my league is desperately needing a second baseman (has Durham). He offered me 1B/OF/3B Aubrey Huff in return for OF Geoff Jenkins and 2B Brian Roberts. In doing this trade, I would open a spot for Berroa and add Huff. What do you guys think? Is that a good trade for me. Huff has struggled out of the gate this year, but I really feel that he is going to gradually get better to the point where he is going to be a real offensive force throughout the season. He had 85+ extra base hits last year!! Jenkins is an injury risk every year, and because I have Berroa, Roberts is expendable. I don't need Huff for 3B since I have Blalock, Cabrera, and Mora all eligible there, but his bat would be a nice addition for me CI or UT spot. Thoughts?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What about this trade??

I'd make that trade. Jenkins is probably going to miss some time sooner or later and Roberts will be splitting time once Hairston comes back. I think Huff will break out soon, he'd better he's on almost every one of my teams.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

That trade was scrapped as he has picked up Ronnie Belliard for 2B and is all giddy about it thinking that he "stole" the league MVP this year. Good God.

He asked about the availability of Melvin Mora. What do you think of that trade:

Melvin Mora for Aubrey Huff straight up? Seems like a steal to me, the only thing is I might take a shot in the short term as Huff isn't playing too well right now and Mora is, but Mora typically struggles in the second half of the season, and Huff usually gets better starting in mid May and goes on a tear. Seems like a good deal for me really.

Also have a deal of Burnitz / Jenkins for Vernon Wells. If I can do both of those trades, my offense would be UNREAL.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-04-2004 at 03:04 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Do the Mora-Huff deal, as well as the Wells trade. Like you said, Mora will fade and Huff has been showing a few positive signs of late. Same with Wells, he looks like he might be coming out of his slump, especially now that Delgado is hitting.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

The Mora-Huff deals looks like a no brainer, but the way they been playing lately still makes it tough. Mora's stats this week are not too far off from what Huff has totalled the whole year.

Mora .440 - 1 - 5
    Huff .193 - 3 - 9

I've got Mora, and although I should trade him for Huff, I'd prolly be swayed by the "right now".

Turn Off Ads?