Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "tone" of RedsZone

The "tone" of RedsZone

I've noticed lately that RedsZone has become a lot more abrasive in the posts many users have made to one another. This may be due to the fact our team and certain players are slumping, but it doesn't mean we can take this frustration out on each other. I've let a lot of this slide lately and I shouldn't have. Boss and I created RedsZone to get away, far far away, from this type of attitude and I'm not going to let us become infected by the virus that was Cincinnati.com's message board. We can disagree, we can argue, we can post "mad" smilies, we can vent here with each other and voice our displeasure...but we cannot tear into each other maliciously. Message boards often allow people to say things anonymously they would never say in person. Please don't let that become you. Treat everyone here as if they were a member of your family and not an "internet stranger" and I think we'll see a much more fun and productive RedsZone.

Thanks!
    GIK

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The "tone" of RedsZone

Finally....someone with power speaking up like this. This place has been miserable the last week +. Thanks GIK :GAC:

Thanks Bud!

Word. I feel the same way. And stuff. Thumbs up.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I had thought all along that GIK had a different vision of what exchange between people should be, thanks for restoring my faith in your judgement GIK.

I agree
    Last edited by KronoRed; 05-05-2004 at 05:31 PM.
    Go Gators!

Thanks, GIK. I've haven't spent much time here the last few weeks for this exact reason. It may be the large number of new posters, I don't know. I do know that I always looked forward to a lot of the members' insight on what the Reds are doing. Those folks have chosen to not be around much anymore, too. I hate that.

Yes, this should be a place where, like family, we can discuss the Reds and not fear someone calling you "stupid" or "lame" or "idiot." Unfortunately, that's what we appear to be becoming. More fights and hurt feelings have happened on here since the season started than I can count. And it started the middle of last year and has continually gotten worse. Let's hope this "heads up" settles folks down.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Salud!
    :GAC:

tremere

I was under the impression that only certain members of the "clique" could say something of value in a thread. Was this just a by-product of the downslide lately in redszone?

^No It's just all the subscribers are on the "IN"...lol i think...
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by tremere
    I was under the impression that only certain members of the "clique" could say something of value in a thread. Was this just a by-product of the downslide lately in redszone?

You can say anything you want, the mods just want it done in a way that is civilized and constructive. These rules have been in place for years and enforced fairly the whole time. There is a list of posters who have claimed ignorance of these rules, they no longer can post here.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Folks...if you wanna bash the ball club and the FO, and dispute topics...I'm all for it

We're all friends here, let's play nice!

tremere

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    You can say anything you want, the mods just want it done in a way that is civilized and constructive. These rules have been in place for years and enforced fairly the whole time. There is a list of posters who have claimed ignorance of these rules, they no longer can post here.
    I think you missed my point. My point is that while everyone can pretty much say anything they want as long as it falls within the parameters of "good forum hygiene", the flow of the conversation almost always gets hijacked by those who have the most posts. The rest of the posters are just fillers for the threads. Then, you have those posters who have "I want to be in the clique" written all over their posts. That is what I have observed, anyway.

So people that have been around for awhile and yack a lot are part of a clique?

So as your post count grows with posts such as the ones in this thread...does that put you in the *Wanna be in the clique* crowd??

Turn Off Ads?