Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "tone" of RedsZone

Re: The "tone" of RedsZone

Excellent, I'm apparently in the cool clique.

Anyone up for a pre-prom a pig blood run?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been here longer than most, and have yet to break into the cool clique.

wonder why that is. mebbe i should post more.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

If you post more, you are only a wannabee...

:jester:

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I've been here longer than most, and have yet to break into the cool clique.
    wonder why that is. mebbe i should post more.
    Maybe we should start a "Texas" clique? I believe that there are more RZers from Texas than any other state outside the Midwest.

Somebody should do a map pin project with all of the known locations of members. That would be enlightening. I'd do it if there were an easy, web-based way to plot the pins. Anyone know of such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Maybe we should start a "Texas" clique? I believe that there are more RZers from Texas than any other state outside the Midwest.

Somebody should do a map pin project with all of the known locations of members. That would be enlightening. I'd do it if there were an easy, web-based way to plot the pins. Anyone know of such a thing?
    The folks who live in California, Oregon and Massachusettes may disagree with you about that. But I've always been curious about that as well. It would be a good project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Everyone could fill in their location field of their profile...then copy the members list into an excel document...sort by location and then count!

Those that have additional info there along with their state (or just have the city) will have to be moved to the proper place.

But anyone that has some time and nothing better to do could do it! :

We had a nifty push-pin map page on another site I belonged. It was pretty neat. The push pins were active, in that it gave you the name/brief profile of the person in the area.

Fun project. I've lost touch with those people now. Not sure how they did it.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Not quite the push pin map you're looking for, but this is kinda neat.

http://buddyspace.sourceforge.net/

Probably something like this maybe

http://www.yabbse.org/community/inde...ction=worldmap

Might have been a "Yet another Bulletin Board" powered forum. They have a membermap module you can install.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Might have been a "Yet another Bulletin Board" powered forum. They have a membermap module you can install.
    I just found a vBulletin site, the software RedsZone is using, with a member map module here http://www.talkdisney.com/ (Click on "member map".)

I can't find any identification on the map of the name of the module, though. Now if we just had someone who could disassemble a Java module far enough to find its name?
    Last edited by Unassisted; 05-06-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Its actually a Flash application called usermap.swf

I cant find any copyright info on it but it probably connects to the vbulletin user table and populates the map. If I knew how, i would dig into it but im flash ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Its actually a Flash application called usermap.swf

I cant find any copyright info on it but it probably connects to the vbulletin user table and populates the map. If I knew how, i would dig into it but im flash ignorant.
    I speak Flash.

tremere

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    The folks who live in California, Oregon and Massachusettes may disagree with you about that. But I've always been curious about that as well. It would be a good project.
    It's odd, to say the least, that most Reds fans (I'm assuming that most that come here are Reds fans) would be from Texas. Whoever in the world would think that Reds fans generally are from the Cincinnati or Ohio area?

tremere

I am from Massachusetts, so I guess I would fall into that "disagreement" crowd. :RedinDC:

Turn Off Ads?