Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "tone" of RedsZone

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: The "tone" of RedsZone

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I speak Flash.
    Check out my post above. Maybe see if Boss or GIK are interested in this component.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If it's a SWF file it's a published file and can't be cracked. You need a FLA file to get in and fudge the code.

Seeing how it's on a Disney site the chance of that happening is mighty slim.

There is no such thing as a "clique" on this forum. This is absurb.

What I have seen though, are the mods insuring, and reminding, everyone of the forum rules of "etiquette". And IMO, they are pretty evenly enforced.

It's funny, when someone (anyone) steps over that line, the first accusation to come out of their mouths (because they might get warned) is that there is a clique on here.

There have been many friendships developed on this forum over the course of it's existence, and that is only natural.

But cliques? ridiculous.

Any "Skull and Bone" members here?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    If it's a SWF file it's a published file and can't be cracked. You need a FLA file to get in and fudge the code.

Seeing how it's on a Disney site the chance of that happening is mighty slim.
    I found out its a component that can be configured to work with RedsZone. GIK or Boss will need to check out it out here

That's for version 2.X.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    That's for version 2.X.
    :guns: You always gotta ruin my hopes...

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

This may be off the topic, but what ever happened to the poster named "Phil Gagliano"

Worth The Wait

The admins and mods do an amazing job here-- this is one of, if not the best, sports message board I've ever seen. It's a great site.

However, the one thing I've noticed about Redszone that makes it a bit different than other boards is what I'll call the "Ken Griffey factor." This place is HIGHLY sensitive. Not a day goes by w/o someone complaining about how negative the board is getting or how the overall "tone" has changed too much.

No doubt there are going to be some inapporpriate posts and posters-- just the nature of the beast. What continues to amaze me is how the "regular" posters CONTINUE to be unable to ignore them.

Look at the members who post most regularly: Then tell me how many of them you think contribute to the poor "tone." A handful at most. I'd say 90% of the people who post here on a regular basis, are good contributors to the site, even if they err on a more "direct" style as Steel mentioned.

This place is like a soap opera sometimes, and I must admit that on occasion, I think some people seem to enjoy that aspect-- even if they complain about it. Not accusing anyone in particular, just a general feeling I get.

IGNORE a pest and they will go away.

It's weird, I read the board right now and I see about 95% of posts pertaining to Reds and baseball in general. Then, there are a few "stupid" ones that turn into mini cat-fights. Who cares? I understand why the admins want to moderate it to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, but for the rest of us, c'mon on--- this board is what YOU make it.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    This may be off the topic, but what ever happened to the poster named "Phil Gagliano"
    The clique had him taken care of in an indiscreet manner.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    The clique had him taken care of in an indiscreet manner.
    :guns:

Really? I remember it being loud and messy... i mean...umm... :MandJ:

Will this one serve the purpose?

http://pub26.bravenet.com/guestmap/v...num=2208838966

And if so then I'll start a new thread and get people to go there?

Thats a pretty cool tool.

This is what I would like to see on here.

Its in German but you will get the idea.

http://www.e34m5.de/board/membermap.php

tremere

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin
    The admins and mods do an amazing job here-- this is one of, if not the best, sports message board I've ever seen. It's a great site.

However, the one thing I've noticed about Redszone that makes it a bit different than other boards is what I'll call the "Ken Griffey factor." This place is HIGHLY sensitive. Not a day goes by w/o someone complaining about how negative the board is getting or how the overall "tone" has changed too much.

No doubt there are going to be some inapporpriate posts and posters-- just the nature of the beast. What continues to amaze me is how the "regular" posters CONTINUE to be unable to ignore them.

Look at the members who post most regularly: Then tell me how many of them you think contribute to the poor "tone." A handful at most. I'd say 90% of the people who post here on a regular basis, are good contributors to the site, even if they err on a more "direct" style as Steel mentioned.

This place is like a soap opera sometimes, and I must admit that on occasion, I think some people seem to enjoy that aspect-- even if they complain about it. Not accusing anyone in particular, just a general feeling I get.

IGNORE a pest and they will go away.

It's weird, I read the board right now and I see about 95% of posts pertaining to Reds and baseball in general. Then, there are a few "stupid" ones that turn into mini cat-fights. Who cares? I understand why the admins want to moderate it to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, but for the rest of us, c'mon on--- this board is what YOU make it.

Make up your mind: bad tone or soap opera? It sees you have a bit more in mind besides supporting the ones here who have "bad tones". I think some of the moderators here are part of the problem. "Chip R" comes to mind, immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by tremere
    I think some of the moderators here are part of the problem. "Chip R" comes to mind, immediately.
    Awwwwww. And I thought we could be buds. :cry2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?