Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: God Bless America.........haynes released!

Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

Hey Jimmy, we got something for ya! :fineprint

:o :biglaugh:

YEAH! Party all the time, PARTY ALL THE TIME! :GAC:

:bigboom: :haynes: :biggun50:

Party baby! :rock_band

God bless America!
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 05-10-2004 at 04:01 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: God Bless America.........haynes released!

TR:

You and I are usually on the same page but, while I'm not unhappy that Jimmie Haynes is gone and I do welcome that apparent acceptance of the Reds FO that they must, at some times, accept 'sunk costs', we differ on the appareant need of some (many?) on this board to vilify players on a personal basis.

I have not seen one person attack Jimmy personally but have only addressed his failure as a ballplayer.
    Oh really? The term 'Jimmah' is used derisvely and was never intended to be anything but. Yet, it's a 'happy' name for Haynes and used liberally by a large number of posters here. Much like 'Orcha' for Jimmy Anderson or 'BaBoon' for Bob Boone. The intent is the same....to make fun or the player/manager or portray them as less of a person than the poster. Let's be clear: any player/manager that's in the Bigs has reached a level that 99.8% of the general population can't and will never, ever, reach. And, that's not limited to MLB....that encompasses everyone of us in our chosen profession. Do you address the people you work with by derisive terms?

Make fun of the people involved if you want. After all, everyone here hides behind a keyboard.

BUT! Let me ask everyone on this board: would you say what you say here about a player; would you call that player by the names you call him here if you were standing face-to-face with that player?

Rem

Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    As a Reds fan, I'm happy that the young arms will get a chance to show their skills.

As a person, feel sad to witness a group of individuals who are downright gleeful and jumping for joy at another person's fall from grace.
    Yeah, we're excited to see a pitcher collapse and cost us games. We all stayed up at night praying that Jimmy Haynes would pitch badly in games and force our offense to score 8 or 9 runs a game. Think about what you just accused people of doing! And what grace, he had ONE good year. ONE! I don't feel bad for Jimmy Haynes because:

1.)He's rich and financially set for life

2.)Someone's going to give him another chance.
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 05-10-2004 at 03:53 PM.

I would definitely have to say Jimmahhh....If I saw him in person.

It's not that big of a deal, really.

I have a friend named Tim, and I've been calling him Timmahhh....For going on five years now.

It's a cartoon character, man!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

By the way, if people are wandering why we're partying because Jimmy Haynes was released, well his career numbers says it all. Also, Jimmy Haynes willingly pitched last year when he knew his back was so bad he would get lit up. But I was willing to forgive him for gutting it out and trying to help the team. So the team DLs him and allows him to get his back back in shape. And how does he respond? By coming into camp out-of-shape. He brought it on himself.

:RedinDC: :mhcky21: :GAC: :biglaugh: :auto: :rock_band :rock_band :allovrjr: :rotflmao: :rock_band :bigboom: :haynes:

Yea!!

:GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC: :GAC::GAC::GAC: :GAC: :GAC: :GAC:
    Last edited by letsgojunior; 05-10-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Make fun of the people involved if you want. After all, everyone here hides behind a keyboard.
    Your preaching to the choir, here Rem. I didn't make fun of Haynes, and actually went on a diatribe myself on the derisive terms used against Anderson and recently on "O'Binder". I'm with you on whether or not folks would respond the same way to these personalities if they knew them personally. We all know the answer to that one. But your position is making this into a personal issue, which (excepting a few) the vast majority have not taken part in. I see folks glad that the FO is showing some signs of a change in mentality. Eating a contract when the body is still warm is a new concept for this regime. As I think about it, I would probably avoid the subject with Haynes if I met him because it probably wouldn't be very polite to bring up how bad he has stunk at his job the last two years in a social setting. I am sorry things didn't work out for Jimmy, but it's time for him to find a different line of work. Still, I am glad for the move in the best interests of the ballclub that we both root for. That is not rejoicing at someone else's misfortune, but understanding that some guys will not work out on the team.

I was saying to a co-worker about a week ago that I haven't seen any balls by management this year. Since then, Griffey gets dropped to the 5th spot and Haynes is sent home. ha ha. It's good to have balls.

So thats the end of the ole pioneer. Wonder if we will ever see the tracker again.

Memories.... light the corner of my mind...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2162
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

In all seriousness, I think DanO needed the extra time to think this transaction over
    and decide the corresponding move. (Whether it's bringing up Matthews or whatever).

That's one thing that scares me. It takes DanO over a month to make a nonbrainer move
    like releasing Haynes and calling up the best retread at AAA.

The guy is not going to perform well at trade deadline time when decisions need to be
    made quickly. He'll probably do ok in a situation like Reitsma, when he has all winter
    to shop him around and mull over the decisions, but I don't think he'll do well under
    a deadline.

At least DanO still has a pulse though, I was wondering...
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Jimmy Hanyes - Had a carrer year in 2002... he pitched very well for the Reds and did what he had to do... We got what we wanted out of him but at the wrong time... it would be NICE to have the Old Jimmy back and working with this years ball club.. but it just didn't happen.. O'well.. People come and go the MLB all the time... He is just moving on.. I believe Hanyes is the last person left from the "Give them a try Bowden era" He is done.. no longer a Red Leg, so your goodbyes and be nice... He did bring us a few memorys didn't he?

Thanks Jimmy for atleast 1 good year... to bad we couldn't get a few more out of yah.

No, the last person left is Paul Wilson, who's contract is done after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Memories.... light the corner of my mind...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2162
    Jimmy Haynes' Public Enemy #1?

Milwaukee general manager Dean Taylor considered Haynes' inconsistent on-the-field numbers and concluded that offering arbitration to the five-year veteran would not be "financially prudent.'' Directions to the plank followed and Haynes had no choice but to walk it.

Turn Off Ads?