Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: God Bless America.........haynes released!

Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

This decision was probably made during last weeks meeting, but they must have had to wait for some reason.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So, not to be a naysayer (nay), but will this make a smidge of difference to the Reds' overall success? Was Jimmy holding the Reds back from a NL Central crown?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Redny
    This decision was probably made during last weeks meeting, but they must have had to wait for some reason.
    Wouldnt the chance for other teams to grab him off the waiver wire be over with now because his release is public? So maybe at the meeting, they did put him up on the wire and only now we are hearing about it due to no takers?

I can think of a few games where he basically spotted our opponents 5 or 6 runs knocking the wind from our sails before the boat left the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I'm guessing it probably had something to do with JIMMAH's!! attitude. Perhaps he *****ed about this demotion and was being a real PITA about it so they just decided to let him go outright.
    judging from recent quotes, he seemed surprised and happy that he was still on the major league roster, and pointed out that he'd recently had a successful bullpen stint so maybe it was a good thing for him

now, maybe he couldn't get loose fast enough to enter some game (seems unlikely given recent close games) or maybe Don wanted one last chance to fix something, and finally gave up. But I'm hoping that the Reds really think that Belisle is ready, and that they're actually right about that. And I'm hoping that they break him in slowly rather than throw him into the frying pan

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Wouldnt the chance for other teams to grab him off the waiver wire be over with now because his release is public? So maybe at the meeting, they did put him up on the wire and only now we are hearing about it due to no takers?
    Good point, that's probably how it went down.

if he was in uniform, then I don't think that he could have been on unconditional waivers the past few games

you're probably thinking of revocable waivers. You can still play if you're on revocable waivers. Those are used in August

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    So, not to be a naysayer (nay), but will this make a smidge of difference to the Reds' overall success? Was Jimmy holding the Reds back from a NL Central crown?
    No more so than Jimmy Anderson did last year.

The roster move should be interesting. I actually hope the Reds don't call up a pitcher. They've got 11 on the active roster. In another thread it was mentioned that Kearns might be ready as soon as Wednesday. If so, maybe the Reds play one game with 24 men and have Austin take that spot.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

You're right, maybe they won't call anyone up. LaRue can come off the DL on Friday, I think. This is a John Allen-run team, remember.

Matthews The Choice

I'm told thru Bats players, that Mike Matthews packed up his bags this morning. The assumption is he's headed to SD to join the team. Details to follow.
    Lance McAlister
    1360 HOMER WCKY

Re: God Bless America.........haynes released!

four man rotation, you say?

works for me

if only we had four better men

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I'm told thru Bats players, that Mike Matthews packed up his bags this morning. The assumption is he's headed to SD to join the team. Details to follow.
    Bomb! This is EXACTLY what I hope happens. A second lefty in the bullpen, and one that has experience and consistency on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Redny
    Good point, that's probably how it went down.
    Actually, as indicated on the Reds site he was just put on the waivers, so they waited for some other reason. Maybe they thought they had another team interested.

I thought the waiver wire wasnt made public until either someone was picked up or the time ran out?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I thought the waiver wire wasnt made public until either someone was picked up or the time ran out?
    If that's the case it's just a matter of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?