Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you support Ken Griffey, Jr.?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 91.01%
  • No

16 8.99%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 91% of RedsZone supports Junior

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

91% of RedsZone supports Junior

Edskin proposed this poll in the Furman vs. Junior thread and I think it'll be interesting to see where RedsZoners stand. Simple question. Expound in the thread if you wish to be more complex.

(Note to Mods: This poll will close on 05-10-2004 at 05:25 PM... Sticky-worthy until then?)
    Last edited by Unassisted; 05-11-2004 at 10:33 AM. Reason: put results in subject

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do you support Junior?

yes yes yes; I'd vote twice if I could.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Time is the Revelator.

I think it's quite obvious, Andy Furman does not post here under a secret idenity!

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    I think it's quite obvious, Andy Furman does not post here under a secret idenity!
    Well, he does have one vote now. So I would say it is likely he does.

One vote huh? is that Gallagar or furball?
    Go Gators!

tremere

What kind of poll is this? You know dang well that anyone that says "NO" is going to get bashed. This is baited poll, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by tremere
    What kind of poll is this? You know dang well that anyone that says "NO" is going to get bashed. This is baited poll, to say the least.
    As far as I know, you can't see how each person votes, only the total.

Quote Originally Posted by tremere
    I don't mean this in a snide way, but I have no idea how you voted, no interest in knowing how anyone else voted and AFAIK, no one else does either. The tally is the interesting part. Commenting in the thread is strictly voluntary.

MarinerGeek

Nice to see you guys backing Jr. He's always gotten a bad rap, some of it deserved, most of it not IMO.

Here's some good entertainment for you guys. There's a new grass roots campaign starting in Seattle to bring Griffey back to Seattle.

www.BringGriffeyHome.com
    Last edited by MarinerGeek; 05-08-2004 at 12:33 AM.

I've always supported JR.
    Don't think I've ever really hated anyone,
    but Andy Furman comes pretty close.

The poll is vague. Am I supporting him for some in particular, or just as a player/person?

I said yes, I support him. I hope he overcomes all his demons and injuries and makes all these sportswriters/casters eat crow. Speak with your bat and your glove, Griff, otherwise don't give them the time of day!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    The poll is vague. Am I supporting him for some in particular, or just as a player/person?
    Though it was prompted by the Furman imbroglio, this is support in a general sense... or, like you put it "as a player/person."
    Last edited by Unassisted; 05-08-2004 at 12:03 PM. Reason: punctuation!

I voted yes, only because without him performing at a high level the reds won't have much success, but as a person he's seemed quite snooty to me, ecspecially the last couple games, where I guess his line of thinking is hey I'm Ken Griffey Jr. I'm too good to be batting fifth(just me). I never been a Junior guy, but I am a Reds guy, so anyone in that uniform I root for.
    Visit your local Psychiatrist, There may not be bugs crawling on you.

I think you need to clarify as to supporting him on what?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Native Cincinnatian.
    Grew up with the Big Red Machine, literally.
    Wanted to come back to play in his hometown.
    One of the greatest players in the history of baseball.

If we don't support this player -- through thick and thin -- who will we support?

Go Griff -- 15 to 500.

Turn Off Ads?