Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117

Thread: God Bless America.........haynes released!

  1. #31
    Member Redny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    This decision was probably made during last weeks meeting, but they must have had to wait for some reason.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    So, not to be a naysayer (nay), but will this make a smidge of difference to the Reds' overall success? Was Jimmy holding the Reds back from a NL Central crown?

    Pay attention to the open sky

  4. #33
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    Quote Originally Posted by Redny
    This decision was probably made during last weeks meeting, but they must have had to wait for some reason.
    Wouldnt the chance for other teams to grab him off the waiver wire be over with now because his release is public? So maybe at the meeting, they did put him up on the wire and only now we are hearing about it due to no takers?

  5. #34
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    I can think of a few games where he basically spotted our opponents 5 or 6 runs knocking the wind from our sails before the boat left the dock.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    princeton, nj
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I'm guessing it probably had something to do with JIMMAH's!! attitude. Perhaps he *****ed about this demotion and was being a real PITA about it so they just decided to let him go outright.
    judging from recent quotes, he seemed surprised and happy that he was still on the major league roster, and pointed out that he'd recently had a successful bullpen stint so maybe it was a good thing for him

    now, maybe he couldn't get loose fast enough to enter some game (seems unlikely given recent close games) or maybe Don wanted one last chance to fix something, and finally gave up. But I'm hoping that the Reds really think that Belisle is ready, and that they're actually right about that. And I'm hoping that they break him in slowly rather than throw him into the frying pan

  7. #36
    Member Redny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Wouldnt the chance for other teams to grab him off the waiver wire be over with now because his release is public? So maybe at the meeting, they did put him up on the wire and only now we are hearing about it due to no takers?
    Good point, that's probably how it went down.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    princeton, nj
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    if he was in uniform, then I don't think that he could have been on unconditional waivers the past few games

    you're probably thinking of revocable waivers. You can still play if you're on revocable waivers. Those are used in August

  9. #38
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,374

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    So, not to be a naysayer (nay), but will this make a smidge of difference to the Reds' overall success? Was Jimmy holding the Reds back from a NL Central crown?
    No more so than Jimmy Anderson did last year.

    The roster move should be interesting. I actually hope the Reds don't call up a pitcher. They've got 11 on the active roster. In another thread it was mentioned that Kearns might be ready as soon as Wednesday. If so, maybe the Reds play one game with 24 men and have Austin take that spot.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  10. #39
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Portland, OR (West Chester, OH)
    Posts
    6,091

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    You're right, maybe they won't call anyone up. LaRue can come off the DL on Friday, I think. This is a John Allen-run team, remember.

  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    131

    Matthews The Choice

    I'm told thru Bats players, that Mike Matthews packed up his bags this morning. The assumption is he's headed to SD to join the team. Details to follow.
    Lance McAlister
    1360 HOMER WCKY

  12. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    princeton, nj
    Posts
    9,482

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes released!

    four man rotation, you say?

    works for me

    if only we had four better men

  13. #42
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Portland, OR (West Chester, OH)
    Posts
    6,091

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes released!

    I'm told thru Bats players, that Mike Matthews packed up his bags this morning. The assumption is he's headed to SD to join the team. Details to follow.
    Bomb! This is EXACTLY what I hope happens. A second lefty in the bullpen, and one that has experience and consistency on his side.

  14. #43
    Member Redny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes News

    Quote Originally Posted by Redny
    Good point, that's probably how it went down.
    Actually, as indicated on the Reds site he was just put on the waivers, so they waited for some other reason. Maybe they thought they had another team interested.

  15. #44
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes released!

    I thought the waiver wire wasnt made public until either someone was picked up or the time ran out?

  16. #45
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,545

    Re: God Bless America.........haynes released!

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I thought the waiver wire wasnt made public until either someone was picked up or the time ran out?
    If that's the case it's just a matter of time.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25