Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Jimmah and MVP Baseball

Re: Poor Jimmah and MVP Baseball

There is a bug in the game, where Lefties put too much spin on the ball, so HR's are Very tough with them. I downloaded a PS2 Roster that helps that. I got it at Operation Sports. PS2 Roster by GomerPyle... There are some good sliders for it over there. If you create Lidle with the listing from GameFAQ, the stamina is too low... Bump it up a bit.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

Yeah, I'm using Pareds sliders on AllStar. Produces very good results.

Pareds on All-Star, and Chi-Town Kids if I want to go Pro... Both very good tough games.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    I play on All Star. I get great realistic results. The sim engine is really good, but - I play 99% my games. First thing I did when starting my dynasty was got rid of Haynes.

I'm currently in Mid-May (finishing up the series with SanFran. I'm struggling overall, but it's pretty realistic - All-Star is hard).
    I had great success using the same rotation, without Lidle, who went down for 500+ days w/ a torn MCL.

Last season, I alternated Prokepec and Hall, who were both lights out at AAA, and won the Series in 6 over the Red Sox.

Acevedo had a hot end to the season, and I rode him the playoffs, where he went 6-0 with a 0.93 ERA. With his relief win in game 6 to clinch the series, he was the MVP. And his offspeed stuff all jumped +7 after spring training in season 2.

We'll see how he stacks up against Lidle when he comes back in Sept.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I had great success using the same rotation, without Lidle, who went down for 500+ days w/ a torn MCL.

Last season, I alternated Prokepec and Hall, who were both lights out at AAA, and won the Series in 6 over the Red Sox.

Acevedo had a hot end to the season, and I rode him the playoffs, where he went 6-0 with a 0.93 ERA. With his relief win in game 6 to clinch the series, he was the MVP. And his offspeed stuff all jumped +7 after spring training in season 2.

We'll see how he stacks up against Lidle when he comes back in Sept.
    Wow, that's awesome. Acevedo is doing ok for me after 1 month. ERA is up around the 4.70's. Harang was struggling pretty badly before his complete game, 1 run - 4 inning game against the Giants (was the game after that 16 inning nutjob. Bullpen needed that rest!). Lidle, Wilson and Claussen are doing pretty darn well.

Turn Off Ads?