Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

Good call on the title creek :

And yes, this is the mythical "sticky" that many have been waiting for :GAC:

OK folks, this is your chance to meet up with "the clique"! The upcoming weekend (May 21-23) is when we are making our annual trip to baseball mecca and we have having a rather large gathering of fellow 'Zoners.

THe "BIG" gathering will be Friday, May 21st, at the 5th and Vine Bar (bottom floor of the Westin Hotel, where the Reds Dugout Shop is, also right across from the downtown square). First pitch is 7:10 pm, so I'm going to guess that, so Chip doesn't complain about what time he gets off work :mhcky21: we'll probably start gathering there around 5pm. Drink and be merry!

The seats tend to hover around GAC's brothers' wknd seats, which are section 414 Row "C" or "D". You don't have to sit near us, if you don't wanna, but just wanted to throw it out for y'all

The known folks coming: myself, Mrs. SC, GAC, Chip, creek, KittyD, Zombie, KronoRed, the Teamsters, and RosieRed. And possible RBA, CQ, Buckeye (on the 22nd) and a few others (sorry). This is turning out to be a helluva gathering

We also are going to be heading to the Applebee's in Covington after the game (ON SATURDAY!!!) to celebrate the Reds Win and for the post game show. If last year was any indication, about 10 of us can fit in creek's truck and she can park in under the stadium So park D/T and we'll cram into the bed of the truck to make it to the game!!!

As far as the rest of the weekend goes, Mrs. SC and I will be sitting in close to the Reds dugout for the other 2 games and I will be the first in the gate for BP. We'd love to meet y'all.

Hope to see a bunch of you there. :GAC:

Oh, and the first round is on GAC :GAC: :GAC: :GAC:

(Kitty, I got yours )
    Last edited by SirFelixCat; 05-17-2004 at 02:48 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

TC, TM, and I will be at 5th and Vine. TD is getting our tickets from "teenage" friends so I'm assuming she'll be there too.

See y'all then.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Hey Eddie, the Applebee's thing is after the Saturday game. That's when my best bud Tracy is there with his post game Extra Innings show.

And yes, we can bring the mr creekmobile and you all can pile in the bed.

We're planning on Fri and Sat. Then TD and I are going on the following Monday and I'm going to the business day special on Thursday. This is going to be a great few days of baseball.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I'm so there.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

My seats are in section 414, Row D, seats 7 thru 10.

SC- I talked to my brother just the other day, and he said he was putting the Sunday seats back for me (you and the Mrs).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My buddy and I (same guy creek, Chip and Sandy met 2 yrs ago) are coming on the 22nd (Sat). We are staying at the Sheraton. Any pre-game plans for this one? Our plans are likely to get into town early-afternoon on Saturday, check-in hit 5th & Vine, In-Between (if weather decent), et al along with getting the requisite (for us) Skyline fix. We splurged on some club seats just 'cause the ones we originally thought we wanted were not available. So we thought, what the heck - let's try these.

If anyone wants to hook up at one of these locations or another let me know.

We will proably do the Applebees thing post-game as well, again weather permitting or creek-taxi availability (I remain thankful for that generous offer of transportation 2 yrs ago!). The only caveat I throw in here is that my friend's sister was just diagnosed with some rather advanced cancer, so I am not certain how he'll be doing. He is a very stable guy and we have both dealt with the deaths of our parents at young ages to cancer, so we both are "somewhat" experienced in dealing with these things, but I do not know if he may say something like "let's just go home" or maybe he'll just want to "escape"so to speak. I am 98% sure he'll be up for all the stuff we would normally do, but you never know and I will just do whatever he's up for.
    Last edited by bucksfan; 05-17-2004 at 09:43 AM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Bucksfan, we might try to meet up at Rock Bottom's on Saturday...we'll work something out. creek, Mr. creek, Mrs. SC, and myself might get getting the $62 scout seats for the game...stay tuned.

If y'all will have me, I'll be there Friday at the 5th & Vine bar.

:GAC:

Does anyone still need a ticket for Friday's game? I might have an extra. (I'll know for sure in a day or two.)

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed

The more the merrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Does anyone still need a ticket for Friday's game? I might have an extra. (I'll know for sure in a day or two.)
    If you do have an extra, and are offering, I'll take it. Otherwise I'll just buy at the gate.

I'll even spot you a couple of beers.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I need a ticket, but I might not have the funds till Friday (was just gonna get a cheap bleacher ticket)
    Go Gators!

12+ and counting for Friday. 6+ on Saturday. Man, this is gonna be a blast!!!:GAC:

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    If you do have an extra, and are offering, I'll take it. Otherwise I'll just buy at the gate.

I'll even spot you a couple of beers.
    Free beer? The ticket is yours!

PM coming your way, and Krono's way too.

Just spoke with my buddy and he is really looking forward to the trip. Will post later in the week about plans for sure, but in the interest of spotting us - he's 6'5"/250 & I'll probably have on my newest Hud Hens cap (blue & red with a fierce looking Muddy on it) and my 15 yr old gray Reds jersey with red pinstripes.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Witht the exception of the clique, the rest of you are gonna need....NAME TAGS!

:mhcky21:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?