Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

Re: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

I'm only sorry that I lost track of so many once we arrived at the park.... I never even got to tell SC, Mrs. SC, and RBA goodbye. The others I'm sure I'll see again soon so I'll have a chance to make up for it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Super Barry, we won't tell your mom what you did. But you made the right decision.

I think we need to call Mrs. SC .... GBT Reds Fan (GBT = God Bless Texas)
    She really needs to learn how to come out of her shell a little bit. Shy lil thing. With my G/F and GBT Red Fan sitting together, lordy ... the things you learn about women watching baseball!!! Guys you won't believe this. Women want to see a left handed pitcher when they sit on the 3rd base side and want to see a right hand pitcher when they sit on the 1st base side. Is it so they can see how the ball is being delivered, ahh no. Is it to see how the pitcher holds the ball, ahh no. This next part will explain why. These two think they can tell if a pitcher is good or not by the roundness of his rump. "OH, now he is a good pitcher!!!!"

SC should never go into the prophecy buisness.

creek looked so much happier than she has in a long time, you could tell she wasn't in pain and by the way, I might add looking svelte. BTW, thank you for hauling us from 5th & Vine to the ball park!

RBA drank beer? When? lol. Hey, he was enjoying himself and wasn't hurting anyone in the process.

I won't even go into what one of the Teamsters did to me and GAC in the smoking section!!!

Hey GAC, how long did you make RFS stay on the phone on your way home last night? BTW GAC, thank you for the tickets.

And for the future, certain people will have to practice how to hold up a sign, if you ever want to get it on TV. It really does help to have it right side up.

Kitty, she never cesses to amaze me on how she constantly thinks of others.

MWM was fun to watch watching us. I could have sworn he looked at me one time and said "I sure hope he can't reproduce". I'm not sure what he meant by that, but I'm sure it was a compliment.

It was nice to meet the people we haven't met before. I did notice that Krono and a female that will remain nameless seemed to get along very, very nicely.

I gave Chip a lil guff last night, but I know he knew I was just kidding. Ladies, he's been working out, getting that lean mean look.

I was able to make a little bit of money at "The Tweener", standing at the gate entrance asking for ID's and changing a small entrance fee. You'll be proud to know that I did give a 50% discount to kids.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Man, you picked the perfect weekend to come. Two amazing games.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

You really did get your money's worth last night!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

The fun continued Saturday night. Mr creek and I met up with SC and bucksfan and bucksfan cute friend at Rockbottom around 4. Mrs SC was off meeting some friends. We sat around and said secret clique things and then all headed south around 5. Bucksfan and his cute friend walked cause they needed to make a stop at the "Tweener". Mr creek, SC and I headed right to the park.

SC was like a kid at Christmas when we walked into the hallway to our seats. For those who haven't been down there yet, the entrance to the scout seats has lots of scout related things in it - like the original notes from the guy who first scouted Larkin. Stuff like that. It's cool.

Then we went out to our seats and caught the last part of Reds BP. When the Sto's took BP, SC headed off to the outfield stands to try to grab a ball, but alas, no luck.

Mrs SC got to the park around 6.

The most disturbing thing about the evening wasn't the fact that JOHN ALLEN was sitting DIRECTLY in front of us. I'm talking the very next row. It after the first time SC sucked up to him, shook his hand, and then tried to rub the Allen slime on me.

I had to redirect my gaze when John Boy gave SC a big pat-on-the-back-hug-combo post game. I'm still feeling a little queasy after seeing that.

SC and I did play a little good cop bad cop just loud enough for John to hear. Guess who the bad cop was.

So the seats were great and the game was greater and the eveing was a blast.

Post game we hung around to watch Sean on the FOX interview. That boy was pumped. It was cool.

Then we met up with bucksfan and his cute friend and headed over to Applebee's and the WLW post game show. Ryan Freel was the guest. Totally cool guy. In fact he was still there at 1230 just BSing with the fans. Most of the guys who appear on the show make a hasty retreat as soon as they can. It's fun to sit around and chat with people who love the Reds as much as you do. Why it's almost like being here...

Great evening. Two of the best games I have ever been to.

And about Friday. It was so nice to see so many people at the 5&V. Super Barry is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Rosie is such a fan, she even has red hair. Beautiful red hair. And an great job. Krono was a great guy, and I was happy to meet him. Just got to talk to MWM for a second, but it was nice to put a face with a screen name. And it was great to finally meet RBA (aka Scott Sullivan). Oh and Redsland, yeah, I'm not done with you yet, buddy.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

My bad - I thought I saw Mrs. SC at the Brewery...or at least I saw someone that looked like her. Sorry I missed Bucksfan! I finally located the four of you around the 3rd inning with the binoculars after I remembered SC talking about scout seats. Great seats! I only saw SC getting the crowd hyped up during one of Jr's AB - was he that way for the whole game???

The most disturbing thing about the evening wasn't the fact that JOHN ALLEN was sitting DIRECTLY in front of us.
    HE WAS??? I need to get better binoculars - NOT! As many times that I've seen him running around the ballpark before the games you'd think I would recognize him! If he is going to be in Cleveland for the series I might corner him to ask some ?s.

I waited until the bottom of the 1st to actually get into my seat - I had been at the ballpark since around 6:15 - but my seat was in the sun and people were already baking. Last night was the second time that I sat in front of loud hecklers - as if the players could hear them... :MandJ:

I'm debating about going to the game today... I promised my Dad that I'd cut the grass (he can't because of hernia surgery last week) - AND the grass is wet. So it might be a last minute decision with top 6 seats.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'm glad SCR FINALLY got to see a Junior HR. Friday he was lamenting how he had seen him hit a single, double, and even a triple, but had not seen him with a HR live. Guess he got his wish today.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

MWM, weren't they going to leave before the game? I hope they didn't.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

You're right I think, TB. He said they were thinking about trying to go to Sunday's game, but they weren't sure if they would make it or not. I hope they decided to stay.

We ought to take up a collection and keep them in Cincy.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I think he said he's 7-1 at Reds games now, small sample size but I'll throw in a few bucks to keep him around
    Go Gators!

Thanks for noticing me
    Sorry Sweetie... but what were you wearing? There was one person at the Tweener that I believe GAC was talking to that I never met - was that you???
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    MWM, weren't they going to leave before the game? I hope they didn't.
    I'm not MWM, but no, they weren't leaving before the game.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I was in chat when eddie did the math on who would be pitching for the 'stros. He was jacked to be able to see Pettite, Clemens, and Miller and most of us agreed it was gonna be a sweep. I let y'all figure if we meant the stros or Reds.

I'm happy for the SC's - couldn't have scripted a better trip!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Sorry Sweetie... but what were you wearing? There was one person at the Tweener that I believe GAC was talking to that I never met - was that you???
    I had an orange hat on and I was drinking sprite..should stand right out :MandJ:
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?