Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

Re: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

BTW, found a great place for us to gather for an out of town game. Just went there for dinner tonight. It's the Silver Spring House on Kemper. Easy to find from the highway. Further north from Willies. Great outdoor area. I didn't realize they added a huge covered outdoor area, with lots of fans. We should try it on an off weekend.
    Love that place!! I lunch there all the time, it is great on a nice day and their chicken rocks.

I'm going to try and join you guys on Friday night!!
    It's time for the tarps to come off the pitching mounds and for the catching equipment bags to be unzipped. Spring Training is here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by flyerette
    I'm going to try and join you guys on Friday night!!
    Now, by saying you will join us does that mean you are going to actually sit at the table with us or are you going to sit across the bar like you did at Willies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The Silver Spring House, AKA The Chicken Joint, sits right between my home and the office. I can join you there anytime you like.
    Makes all the routine posts.

All, including creek--I'm in.

Please include me in the ticket order. And I'll see you at 5th & Vine.

You're leaving at 6:00, I take it?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Wow, this thing is taking off eh? Record turnout for my trip...well, that's how it SHOULD be, but still, nice to know so many care to meet my wife and I :mhcky21:

Silver Spring also has these awesome looking Bloody Marys. My friend got one. I would have but I never indulge during the week. One of TC's rules for living. It's not a crappy one that they schlep in a plastic cup. Comes with celery and shrimp in a rimmed daiquiri glass with a side of beer in a small snifter. Just looked really inviting.

Didn't get a look at the large screen TV area. They have the smaller screens that hang from the ceiling all around.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    What do you mean? Creek is my real name...

Forum names for the most part. Every now and then a real name will slip in. Gesh, that's :o
    I use her informal name.... crick! :mhcky21:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Ticket order:

I'm up to 8 tickets by my counting...have not had to take my shoes off yet! :

2 for SC, 4 Teamsters, 1 RBA, 1 Redsland.

Please let me know if their are any add ons or deletions by 5:15 PM Eastern time today (Wednesday).

Thanks!!!

PS...I will be at The Westin (5th & Vine) from about 5:10 until Creek leaves. If you are not going to get there until 6:00 I'll be leaving your ticket with someone that is still at 5th & Vine. Please be sure to get there by 6:00. I don't believe anyone will be staying there much past that.

We can settle up funds exchanges later at the game. I won't be sitting with you guys but I'm sure I'll run into a few of you. Krono is coming down to section 129 to sit in my seat for a few minutes. :MandJ: :

SC.... IT IS CONFIRMED! I have the 4 tix for you on Sunday!

I may very well be coming down Friday by myself, and meet up with my brothers later on. My one brother is a trucker and is currently in Florida. He says he will be back Friday morning; but barring unforeseen circumstances, he may not make it back until that afternoon. Which would mean we wouldn't get down to Cincy till around 6 or so (if that happens).

I told my brothers that if that is the case then I would meet them down there, because I wanted to get down early to meet alot of the 'zoners whom I haven't had the opportunity to meet before. They understood.

So....I'll be swinging by my bro's house to get the tix (if this happens), and then it's off to Cincy.

I'm just hoping my brother can get in early enough though so we can go down together.

When I get into Cincy SC I'll give you a call on your CP. Where are you staying?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm at the Hyatt Regency ($35 ), which is 1, maybe 2 blocks from 5th and Vine

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    How long when stumbling? :mhcky21:

(I know where it is). Didn't we start out there last year with writerdan, CQ, and a few others?

Isn't that where I got in the argument with that guy in the bar who was knocking Adam Dunn (ARE YOU READING THIS CREEK!!!!), and you guys had left and had to come back in and get me? :mhcky21:

Oh Yeah! I made this 4 ft banner to bring to the game!
    Last edited by GAC; 09-08-2006 at 06:45 PM.

Sorry but you are all on your own as far as getting tickets.

Creek, I'll get with you later via Email

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans

me too. Priceline.com :GAC:

Thursday, Friday
    sadly have to check out early Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    How long when stumbling? :mhcky21:

(I know where it is). Didn't we start out there last year with writerdan, CQ, and a few others?

Isn't that where I got in the argument with that guy in the bar who was knocking Adam Dunn (ARE YOU READING THIS CREEK!!!!), and you guys had left and had to come back in and get me? :mhcky21:

Oh Yeah! I made this 4 ft banner to bring to the game!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm so glad I won't be sitting near Gac
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?