Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

Re: THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Would like to make it, but I'm taking my 16 yr. old son and 2 buddies to the ball game. Hauling them into a bar probably wouldn't set well with their parents (including my wife). We'll be in sect. 128. Look for the 3 teenagers doing their best to ignore the old guy sitting with them.
    Roy, 5th and Vine is also a restaurant. It's not unusual to see a few kids in there. We take Little TG all the time.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hey, in all seriousness, do you have more than one of these gatherings a year? If so I will plan to come to the next one.
    Dan (and anyone else), let us know when you're going to be in town and we'll do the rest.

I'd like to see another pregame get-together at the Inbetween Tavern sometime. Any excuses to gather will be welcomed.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Dan (and anyone else), let us know when you're going to be in town and we'll do the rest.

I'd like to see another pregame get-together at the Inbetween Tavern sometime. Any excuses to gather will be welcomed.
    I like the In Between a lot too. We will be there at some point during our pre-game fesitivities, likely closest to game time, this Saturday. ALso plan on hitting the 5th & Vine, probably before InBetween (need an abbreviation for that, my fingers don't want to type it - how about IBT?)
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Here's this weekend's weather report:

Friday, May 21 Temp °F / Feels Like / Dew Point / Precip / Humid
    5 PM Isolated T-Storms 85° / 90° / 70° /30% /60%
    7 PM Partly Cloudy 83° / 87° / 69° / 30% / 62%
    8 PM Partly Cloudy 81° / 85° / 69° / 30% / 66%
    9 PM Partly Cloudy 78° / 81° / 69° / 20% / 72%
    10 PM Mostly Clear 76° / 79° / 69° / 20% / 78%
    11 PM Mostly Clear 74° / 74° / 68° / 10% /83%

Sat, May 22 Mostly Sunny 89°/67° High/Low; 10 % Precip

Sun, May 23 Partly Cloudy 88°/66° High/Low; 20 % Precip

I can't get hourly forcasts for Sat/Sun game times yet... but rest assured that it's HOT and that it's HUMID. It feels hotter than the projected temps because of the humidity.

Roy, 5th and Vine is also a restaurant. It's not unusual to see a few kids in there. We take Little TG all the time.
    Roy,

Actually, at that time of day, it really is a crowded little happy hour joint. I'd side with your wife and the parents of the kids.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

TB,

Did you guys go down yet? Let me know how you fared.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Hmmm... I'll see what I can pull off. The problem is, I gotta boogey on up I-71 at 5:00, pick up the troops in Mason, and then back on down I-71 to the GAB. If we do show, it will be a token appearance.

Edit: saw your post TC, thanks for the heads-up.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It still wouldn't be a problem if we sit outside. Irregardless, we're taking LTG (is that bad?).

It still wouldn't be a problem if we sit outside. Irregardless, we're taking LTG (is that bad?).
    No, not bad. He's with us, and he's ours. If we had someone else's kids or TG brought a little friend, I'd probably want to go right to the stadium, or at least let the parents know we were stopping. That's all I was thinking.

If you are taking TG with you, then inside may be the best place. He and creek, Jr. had a pretty good time in there last time. Plus you don't have to worry about them running into traffic or some evil dude snatching them up and taking off with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Update: I'm in Cincinnati Hyatt right now. Stopped at GoldStar on my way in. Wasn't bad. I'm going for walk. But first I have to do something about this chili. Walking to the bathroom right now.

I wish I could join you folks. Sounds like a rowdy good time!

I'll be at a bar here in Olathe at 6pm, raising a toast to the Reds.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'm thinking about going down to the game tomorrow, so I might stop by... None of my available friends seem to want to sacrifice a rockin' night of underage binge drinking to go to a Reds game, so I might have to make the trip by myself...
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    ..... But first I have to do something about this chili. Walking to the bathroom right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I wish I could join you folks. Sounds like a rowdy good time!
    :MandJ: Sorry guys, the timing/sequence of these two well-intended posts just struck me funny. Methingks I am getting anxious about getting down there myself.

BTW - glad you made it OK RBA. Have a great time! I'll be there to take over when you leave Saturday.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Update: I'm in Cincinnati Hyatt right now. Stopped at GoldStar on my way in. Wasn't bad. I'm going for walk. But first I have to do something about this chili. Walking to the bathroom right now.

Glad you made it as for the chilli, it would be much worse if you had gone to skyline
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?