Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SERP Mission: Operation Captain All-Star

Re: SERP Mission: Operation Captain All-Star

Wow... i've spent the last 45 mins voting... 4 email addys done.... alot more to go

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Here is a hint Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, ISP mail... Lets me vote forever. I also have a web host that allows me to create 100+ email accounts. I could be a very busy man if I wanted to

I don't understand the email address thing... it never even asked for my email address... but it sure did recognize my computer. So, I'm still lost in regards to what you're trying to tell me.

PM me if you'd rather not post it on the board.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Well I voted for me, my brother, my dad, my mom, and my grandparents today so far... I'm in the process of looking up for family members to vote for them...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Well I voted for me, my brother, my dad, my mom, and my grandparents today so far... I'm in the process of looking up for family members to vote for them...
    Did you vote once for each of them or 25 times? All from the same computer?

I'm stumped.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    SC and I grabbed about 500 ballots last night. Might have to do a little punching today at work.
    Exactly the right idea. Don't leave the ballpark without a backpack full of ballots. I'm trying to get some folks to grab a pile from Sox games for me so that I can submit them when I go.

And I'm all for people voting a full ballot, but it is easier if you just punch out one or a few holes on each one. Larkin's the guy who plays the position where the leaders will have low vote totals, meaning he's most likely the guy to whom we can give a serious bump.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Did you vote once for each of them or 25 times? All from the same computer?

I'm stumped.
    All my votes were 25 times and from the same computer... I don't know what is going on with your computer...

Try your Internet Explorer... If your useing AOL you can run into problems.

Controversy surrounded the 1957 outing as the fanatical Cincinnati voters stuffed the ballot boxes and elected their entire team (minus the batboy) onto the National League's starting roster. This upset Commissioner Ford Frick greatly and he responded by removing Gus Bell and Wally Post from the starting nine. He also transferred the responsibility for All-Star voting to the players, managers and coaches the next year.

http://baseball-almanac.com/asgbox/yr1957as.shtml

I dont think MLB minds stuffing the ballot box...all fans now have equal opportunity to stuff the ballot box so whoever has a more effective drive wins.

But M2, think what this will do to the stats.......
    "Is there a problem officers?"

Well, I just voted for Barry 50 times and when I get more time I have 50 more that I can throw his way. After that I will have to figure out a way to vote more for him. Oh, and i also voted for Casey, Junior and Jose Guillen all 50 times. If nothing else at least I am loyal.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Controversy surrounded the 1957 outing as the fanatical Cincinnati voters stuffed the ballot boxes and elected their entire team (minus the batboy) onto the National League's starting roster. This upset Commissioner Ford Frick greatly and he responded by removing Gus Bell and Wally Post from the starting nine. He also transferred the responsibility for All-Star voting to the players, managers and coaches the next year.
    I've always believed tradition is an essential part of the game of baseball. The BRM also enjoyed some healthy ballot box stuffing -- deservedly so, but it happened nonetheless. I submit that as Reds fans it's our duty to stuff the ballot box, just as our forefathers did.

Plus, this really is a case of you being able to do something for your team, most notably the guy who's spent his entire career playing his tail off for your team. IMO, we have it within our ability on Redszone to make the NL SS vote an extremely interesting contest.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I've always believed tradition is an essential part of the game of baseball. The BRM also enjoyed some healthy ballot box stuffing -- deservedly so, but it happened nonetheless. I submit that as Reds fans it's our duty to stuff the ballot box, just as our forefathers did.

Plus, this really is a case of you being able to do something for your team, most notably the guy who's spent his entire career playing his tail off for your team. IMO, we have it within our ability on Redszone to make the NL SS vote an extremely interesting contest.
    It would also show the power of SERP.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Plus 50 more votes for Barry Larkin.

150 more, here.

(and 150 more write-ins for Freel)
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Finally, I figured out what I was doing wrong. :screwy:

Thanks guys.

Turn Off Ads?