Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Griffey glares at Marlins after blasting his 492nd homer

Re: Griffey glares at Marlins after blasting his 492nd homer

"well WV, Griffey aint exactly tearing the cover off the ball in 04 is he now?"

Griffey: .888 OPS for the season

WELL above average for a ML centerfielder.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    only with the talent he has at Florida is he even winning games...
    I hate what happened after Jack left, with you-know-who and all, but anyone, and I mean anyone can win with talent and a supportive front office.
    Jeff Torborg couldn't
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    My thoughts exactly...(and it was on the first pitch too) And isn't Junior contradicting himself? Didn't he mention in the newspapers of not showing any emotion when hitting a HR because of Dad telling him not to do it again after hitting his First HR? What's really sad is that this has been the talk of sports radio here in the Queen City, when the story should be about the team! :mad:
    IIRC, he was told by his Dad to never one-up the pitcher that threw the pitch.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Rumor- Come on man, you know you don't honestly think managers feel the same about Griffey now as they did in his younger days. Maybe they should, but they don't

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    What's really sad is that this has been the talk of sports radio here in the Queen City, when the story should be about the team! :mad:
    Like I said, everything Jr. does is magnified. I wonder if Adam had done this if there would be as big of a story? Or if the other team's manager was Bobby Valentine instead of St. Jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

There's a quote in the Atlanta Constitution in April by Jack McKeon.

The discussion was about Griffey's injuries for the last three Aprils.

Jack said, that with no disrespect intended, Griffey just isn't Bonds anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    IIRC, he was told by his Dad to never one-up the pitcher that threw the pitch.
    He wasn't showing up the pitcher. He was showing up the person who called for the IBB to Sean.

And sending a little message to every other manager in the league at the same time.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

It seems pretty ignorant to diss a manager that led the lowly marlins to a world series championship, much less the last playoff contending season for our beloved Reds. It's trader jack, not asinine (one s) jack or dipstick jack.

Perhaps Griffey took it personal (as a Mckeon slight), but did not Williams make the same move twice? Time to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    Jack said, that with no disrespect intended, Griffey just isn't Bonds anymore.
    Well Jack sure got that right. Jr didn't sink to the steroid use like Bonds. At least when Jr get to 500, they will be legit.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    "well WV, Griffey aint exactly tearing the cover off the ball in 04 is he now?"

Griffey: .888 OPS for the season

WELL above average for a ML centerfielder.
    my apologies, but he still hitting under .250(my apologies again if im wrong)

Casey is hitting about .360+

it makes sense, but i hate the move

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Rumor- Come on man, you know you don't honestly think managers feel the same about Griffey now as they did in his younger days. Maybe they should, but they don't
    I reserve the right to disagree with your assertion that 99% of the other managers, including those during the injury riddled last three seasons, intentionally walked someone ahead of Griff in that situation. Williams and McKeon are the first ones in years. That means that hundreds of times that situation has come up and no one made that "percentages" move. He has now showed them that it was just as bad a move now as it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by ramp101
    my apologies, but he still hitting under .250(my apologies again if im wrong)

Casey is hitting about .360+

it makes sense, but i hate the move
    Just not wanting to be confused by the facts, eh Ramp?
    :mhcky21:

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I reserve the right to disagree with your assertion that 99% of the other managers, including those during the injury riddled last three seasons, intentionally walked someone ahead of Griff in that situation. Williams and McKeon are the first ones in years. That means that hundreds of times that situation has come up and no one made that "percentages" move. He has now showed them that it was just as bad a move now as it was then.
    Wasn't Casey or Dunn walked to get to Jr. when the Reds were on the west coast?

EDIT: Just looked at the game logs and that didn't happen in any of the games out there.
    Last edited by Chip R; 05-26-2004 at 04:41 PM.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Just not wanting to be confused by the facts, eh Ramp?
    :mhcky21:
    im not confused by the facts TR

That means that hundreds of times that situation has come up and no one made that "percentages" move. He has now showed them that it was just as bad a move now as it was then.
    It is a percentage move, this time Griffey won, if the pitcher struck him out and pumped his fist in Juinors direction would he be being "Feisty" "Aggressive" or simply just being a prick?

By "my" POV he "Glanced" or "Looked" over that way.

Did he "Glare"? isn't it an opinion what a "Glare" is anyway?

Maggie Simpson "Glares" at the baby with one eyebrow, was the loathing in Juinors glance equal to that?

Turn Off Ads?