Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Griffey glares at Marlins after blasting his 492nd homer

Re: Griffey glares at Marlins after blasting his 492nd homer

Quote Originally Posted by ramp101
    ok then, if you say so
    Not even willing to put up an argument? Where's the fun in that on a discussion board

2. Turn Off Ads?

RFS62 RFA66,

You hit it on the head. One game, one decision that did not pay. McKeon is old school and could care less what someone else on another team does after he hits a home run. Beckett should have been ticked and commented on the "stare". Life goes on for the World Series Champs. I believe they ended up winning the series and shut Jr down the rest of the series.....but Casey still was the tougher out.

It is obvious that Williams and McKeon think that Casey is hitting the ball better now and a tougher out. Most people in the baseball environment have their own thoughts on Jr and one manager will not change their mind. At the same time, guys like Casey, Reese and Graves will always be guys of class.

At the end of the day, Griffey may end up in the Hall and McKeon just a disliked manager in Cincy but that is life. Lets just hope the Reds continue to play good baseball and Miley guides them to a winning record.
    UNC - God's Country

Very well typed Red Dog, I am going to be honest, if he "glared" at them GREAT !!!, we need an aggressive Griff for the rest of the season, if he was looking at friends so be it, either way I think this message was sent.

Jack, shame on you, you know if Joshy gives me a fastball, I am taking him downtown !!!!!! Now chew on that for a while !!!
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

According to espn's recap of the game today Brad Penny "wont forgive the glare." Penny goes on to talk some s*** about Griffey making himself seem like a total tool. These Marlins pitchers are very talented but real stupid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240527117

Edit: COuldnt find this anywhere else, if it is, Im sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232
    According to espn's recap of the game today Brad Penny "wont forgive the glare." Penny goes on to talk some s*** about Griffey making himself seem like a total tool. These Marlins pitchers are very talented but real stupid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240527117

Edit: COuldnt find this anywhere else, if it is, Im sorry.
    LOL wont forget "THE GLARE" {end sarcasm}

This is being overplayed. It was a look, no words exchanged. Sure we know what Griffey meant, but of course it's not this big of a deal.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Penny is acting like an idiot, he won't forget a glare he most likely had to see on espn to even know it happened?

Har har
    Go Gators!

All of these guys need to get their ego into this universe. Personally I thought the glare was petty. I think Junior would have been better-served simply running to home like RFA said. I also think, however, that the reaction has been immature as well. The Marlins didn't even see the glare, and it was blatantly obvious on television who it was directed at. Brad Penny's quotes sound like something 4th graders would say on a playground to each other.

This whole thing is so childish.

Turn Off Ads?