Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to do this?

Re: Is it ok to do this?

I am 28 years old and I live in Northern KY about 10 minutes from cincy. I hardley post, but I read this site daily and I have done so for the last 2 years. I love the Reds and in fact was named after a red (name is Johnny he appearently hit a homerun in the '75 world series on the night of my birth) I usually go see 30 to 40 games a year and I am a huge optimist when it comes to my reds. There has never been a red I did not like except for CJ Nitkowski and Kal Daniels cause they did not know when to keep there mouths shut. I am constantly made fun of by family and friends because how much of a optimist I am. As far as things I have seen in person. I seen Mark Lewis's pinch hit grand slam in the '95 playoffs off of Hideo Nomo. I did see 4192 and Barry Larkins 2000th hit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    "I don't want to die a virgin"

Ronald Koal and the Trillionaires.
    You know about Ronald Koal?

wow. That is Major League impressive.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

26, I'm in Worker's Comp (for the time being), and ... ah ... well, let's just say that the biography of my life wouldn't exactly be a NYT bestseller.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    "I don't want to die a virgin"

Ronald Koal and the Trillionaires.
    "White Light" roolz...

I'm 51, married, 3 kids, and bore everyone here with stories about my family. Without them I'd be a bum.

Born in Berea OH (outside Cleveland) and had just started to bond with the Tribe when my family moved to Centerville in 1964. I was imprinted with the Reds during the summer of '64 when I experienced the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat during that season.

It seems like I had no choice in the matter, I've been a die-hard Reds fan ever since.

Watched the Reds in Crosley for a few years, all through the Riverfront years, had season tickets 1979-1984 when I was single and had a lot of money (boy did I pick the wrong time), and have been a part-time season ticket holder since '92. Hoping the GAB brings similar experiences and memories.

Been to the playoffs/WS in 1970, 72, 75, 76, 79, 90, 94, and 95. Also the AS game in 1970.

To paraphrase, one constant through all the years has been the Reds.

I work for a large computer storage vendor where they give me a computer lab and tell me to play and come up with stuff. My title on my business card says software architect but I'm just a techno-dweeb-nerd-weenie that likes to futz around with stuff. Someday, someone will find out what I do and show me the door.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm almost 34 (less than 2 weeks) and work as a web programmer. I grew up in Dayton, graduated from Florida State with a degree in meteorology *ducks*, and now live in the suburbs near Washington, DC. I became a Reds fan because of my family, always going to games - I can remember as far back as the late 70's going to games. I went to the final Johnny Bench home game, as well as the game where Pete got 4192. Great memories all.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I'm about three weeks short of my 32nd birthday. I was born in Cincinnati during the heyday of the BRM, but my parents covered the wagon, hitched up the horses, and migrated the family to Wichita, Kansas when I was 5. Still, I followed the Reds and Bengals all through school, despite much derision from my ignorant classmates.

I graduated from the University of Kansas and moved to KC, where I currently live with my wife and our two cats, Sadie and Griffey (who has been in perfect health for four years). I work as a technical writer for a GPS company.

I am not telekinetic, nor do I have perfect teeth. However, I play guitar and sing in a terrible 80's cover band called SoopaDry (with umlauts over the o and the r, a la Spinal Tap). We kick serious butt on "Jump Jump" and "Time After Time," but "Total Eclipse of the Heart" still needs work. I love baseball, beer, The Simpsons, The Daily Show, Cartoon Network, Kids in the Hall, Tenacious D, Emo bands, the X-men, and Redszone.

Oh yeah, I write an Onion-style baseball website called The Spitter (although I've been lax in updating it this season). If you like that kind of humor, check it out. If not, please don't visit, get angry, and send me nasty emails. My delicate-flower psyche can't take the abuse.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Don't really post much here, but long time viewer (probably four years).

I just turned 24 years old. I am a sports writer for a local newspaper and for Bucknuts.com. I played football and baseball in high school by way of our team, and basketball recreationally. I've got a background in broadcasting, as i've had internships and jobs with several radio stations dating back to when I was 17 and a senior in high school. I interned for Munch on Sports with 610 WTVN as well as Sterling. While still in school, I was the PA announcer for our boys and girls high school varsity basketball games. I attended the Ohio Center for Broadcasting over a year removed from HIgh School after never attending Bowling Green State out of school.

I'm a diehard Reds and Bengals fan despite living in Indians country up here in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. Mt. Vernon is an hour northeast of Columbus, and is located in the dead center of the state. As my name would indicate, i'm also a big time Buckeyes fan. I usually attend 3 home games a season. As far as the Reds go, I make it down to 4 or 5 games a year despite being 3 hours away-- although i've not yet been to the new ball park as I didnt make it any last season.

I remember the 1990 season very vividly even as a ten year old. I can remember beginning 10-0 to start the season, the wire to wire victory, as well as the exciting NLCS against the Pirates and the unbelievable sweep over the A's, capped off by Todd Benzinger's catch of that foul fly where Marty so eagerly proclaimed the Reds are world champions.
    "If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, why do they even keep score?"

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I may be the youngest poster on this board at 16, but I love my Reds. I get to go out to a Reds game about once a month. I attend the great Moeller High School and I am very proud of the great Red allumni (Barry Larkin and Ken Griffey Jr.) I live right next to Kings Island so I go there a lot to hang out with my friends. My favorite current Red is Barry Larkin but my favorite all-around current ballplayer is Derek Jeter. Baseball is what I love to do and I love reading about it among this board.

Hey Guys!

I'm 31 years old, and feel about 45 after playing my first softball game ever and first "ball" game since college yesterday. I was born in Columbus but moved to Dayton when I was 2. I've lived in Centerville since the time I was 2 until I went to college at Kent State University and then moved back to C'ville after college. I played baseball at Centerville and Kent. Growing up, my Dad, my Grandpa, and my Great Grandpa loved the Reds, so it was only natural that I followed suit. I can still remember hearing Marty and Joe on the radio at my Grandma's house and my Great Grandpa drinking a warm beer in mid August while listening to them. I am married with a 5 year old son and a 9 month old son. I work for a company that does software support for car dealerships, so I spend all day talking to people at car dealerships (and posting on Redszone.) I have never met anyone from Redszone (yet) but am looking forward to an opportunity in the near future. Boss, mods, I love this site and want to thank you for doing such a nice job with it. Lots of work, but you guys make it look effortless.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I played baseball at Centerville...
    Tim Engleka was my 8th grade gym teacher. I think it was his first year at Centerville. He built quite the baseball program at CHS.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

A couple of other things:
    UKFlounder: One of our close family friends, Matt Riazzi was a RB for UK in the early 90's, ever heard of him? He plays football in a European league now. Says he's got 1-2 more years left in him.

MasonBuzz3: My in-laws live in Alliance on S.Haines right across from Alliance HS. Am pretty familiar with the Neighborhood and Doug's classic. I still want to take the "King Kong Challenge" at Doug's but my in-laws say they'd be embarrassed. Next time up there, I'm doing it.

Roy: Tim Engleka was one of the best coaches in the country, I truly believe that, although I didn't think so when I played for him. He likes to toughen you up mentally, which when you are in high school, usually doesn't set well. He made it into the Ohio High School coaches hall of fame a couple years ago and retired. I took my son to a CHS high school playoff game this year and it wasn't the same without Tim standing in the 3rd base box with his clipboard. Truly a great man and a great teacher of the fundamentals and situational baseball.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    A couple of other things:
    UKFlounder: One of our close family friends, Matt Riazzi was a RB for UK in the early 90's, ever heard of him? He plays football in a European league now. Says he's got 1-2 more years left in him.
    The name seems familiar. If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he was a really good special teams player. That's cool that he's still playing professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder
    The name seems familiar. If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he was a really good special teams player. That's cool that he's still playing professionally.
    He was a really good special teams player in his Frosh and Soph years, then started at half back his junior and senior years. He wasn't a Heisman canidate by any means, but was a good player. He's been in Europe for about 7-8 years now (Germany) and loves it. He gets paid above what normal workers make (somewhere around $70,000.00 US) but he's getting up there in years (35) to make a go of it much longer. He said that he'd probably return to Dayton and become a coach once his football career's over.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Bthomasiscool

I was originally born in Indianapolis, Indiana on May 28th, 1985. About to turn 19 here in a few days. I attend Kentucky Christian College, majoring in Business (Marketing); hoping to some day get involved in some type of sports marketing. When schools out I come back home to live with the parents here in West Chester, Ohio. I work the night shift 3:30-12:00 at target, the hours aren't too good, but I get to see or hear every reds game still, plus it pays really well. I'm a long time reader, probably spend about an hour or two on here a day, but do not seem to post very often for some reason. I have a girlfriend from West Virginia, thats coming to town for my birthday to take me to a REDS game, so I'm pretty excited about that
    We'll win it all next year...

Red Flash

I am 41, self employed. Been a Reds fan for 32 years. I am a fan,yes. But a logical and realistic one. I think most Reds fans compare every Reds team to the Big Red Machine or even to the '90 team which totally unfair. They should hold and cherish those teams in their hearts, but cheer Reds teams on for themselves!

Turn Off Ads?