Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to do this?

Re: Is it ok to do this?

I am 26, and work in the IT industry (specifically in the GIS/GPS fields). I don't post that often, but have read and enjoyed the banter here just about every day for the last 3 years. I currently reside in Indianapolis, but I grew up in Greensburg, IN (about 50 minutes from Cincy). Played baseball for 13 years (high school and legion ball) and have been a die hard Reds-fan since i was 4 years old. Davey Concepcion was my favorite player when i was younger.

Johnny Footstool, what GPS company do you work for?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm 38, very happily married for 10 yrs, with a 2 1/2 yr-old daughter around whom our life revolves (and that's a good thing!). Ohio State alum (hence the screen name). Big into Buckeye basketball (I read your stuff, Buckaholic) and football as well as Reds baseball and colleg hoops in general. Love all kinds of music, but really like older Jimmy Buffett, Jerry Jeff Walker, Todd Snider, Indigo Girls, and a lot of the current country stuff. Used to be pretty into heavy metal back in the 80's. We also have 1 golden retriever, 2 cats, and apparently some lonely wild critter (as of last night around 2:30 AM) patrolling our 5 acres. If I had more time I'd build the wiffle ball diamond I keep talking about and make my friends play once a week.

I only get down to Cinci 1x/year or so, but listen all the time. I grew up with the game ALWAYS on in my house. Former season ticket holder for Mud Hens (not this year as 2-yr olds do NOT sit still), I have developed a little fondness for the Tigers as well just from seeing the younger guys play in Toledo.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I'm 23, I live in Kentucky right across from Cincinnati, currently unemployed married and I have 2 cats

Wow what a life
    Go Gators!

Johnny Footstool, what GPS company do you work for?
    The big one in Kansas City. Aviation, consumer, and marine products.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I'm 23, I live in Kentucky right across from Cincinnati, currently unemployed married and I have 2 cats

Wow what a life
    And how do you pronounce your name again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    And how do you pronounce your name again?
    I pronounce it BITE ME
    Go Gators!

Physically, I'm 31. Most of the time, I act like I'm 12 or 13.

I like what my wife says I can like. But that's a good thing. Heck, it's a very good thing, because without her, I freely admit that I'd be a very pathetic human being.

She and I also have the world's most adorable 9 month old baby girl.

Everything else is incredibly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Alright, here goes. I'm 24 and currently reside in Columbus. I just learned of this site about 3-4 weeks ago (wheels told me about it) and have been frequenting it in a rather addictive manner since. I've been a Reds fan as long as I can remember. Born and raised in Troy, OH. I usually go to about 5-10 games a year, would like to see more but I work too much. My username is a reference to Dmitri Young, one of my favorite pro players. I have a family in-law who happens to be good friends with Danny Graves (they played HS and College ball together in Florida), if that means anything. I think RedsZone is an excellent site and have learned so much this past month just by reading all the terrific insight.

I'm a CPA from Nerk, Ahia and have followed the Reds since the '72 postseason as a clueless 7 year old. My very first Reds memory is "It's in the dirt!!! Here comes Foster, the Reds win the pennant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I started listening on the radio and keeping score of the games in 1973 after getting home from the Little League park. Our lower middle class family vacationed with my aunt and uncle in Blue Ash for 3-5 days and usually caught an evening game followed by a twi-night doubleheader to see the BRM, with a trip to Kings Island sandwiched somewhere in there. The night before vacation would be like Christmas Eve, unable to sleep knowing that I would be watching the best baseball club of all time the next night. My favorite Reds memory was being at a doubleheader against the Giants that the Reds won the first game 14-13 (7/25/74?) when Tony Perez hit a homerun in the bottom of the ninth off Randy Moffitt in one of the nuttiest games I've ever seen. On Nuxie's "Star of the Game" that we heard from all the radios playing around the stadium Doggie answered Joe's question about the HR as "I heet de baw goood, Joe." Our family still says that occasionally after a HR. I got away from baseball during 1991-1998, but have been back to a diehard since being sucked back in by the '99 team and the Griffey trade. Now, I think about, listen to, or watch baseball too much, I think

Im a 16 year old student at Indian Hill- Somphmore. I am a big Cincinnati sports fan in general, with the exception of UC (Go X!!). I don't post here often because most of what I have to say has already been expressed. Still, this board has some very interesting insights and understanding of the game.

The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meathooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

Or how about:

Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meathooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:
    Lighten up, Francis.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Lighten up, Francis.
    Are you talking to me?
    Are you talking to me?
    Are you talking to me?
    Who the hell else are you talking to?
    Well I'm the only one here.
    Oh yeah? Huh? 'Kay
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This is a really great thread and I hope it can be archived in the near future. I'm really enjoying reading about everyone, especially those that I haven't heard from before and even those that I didn't know viewed this board. Sorry if I hi-jacked it with my "Stripes" quotes. I thought it would be funny to post those, but didn't mean to fill up 1/2 the thread with movie quotes. Not trying to insult anyone that followed suit with their own quotes, I would have done the same, but I think its best if we just leave this to those wanting to post their information, so it can be archived, rather than filling up 1/2 the thread with movie quotes. Sorry.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

30 years old. Currently living 10 mins to the Beach in Virginia. Grew up in Wapakoneta, OH, about 45 mins due North of Dayton. Went to school at the Univ of Toledo, graduating in 1996. Moved to Raleigh, NC, got engaged and then the job moved us here. Golden Retriever named Casey, Collie named Griffey and grey cat named Rose. Currently sitting in the Reds room, a finished room above our garage, filled with Reds stuff all over the place. Getting ready to watch the Reds on the new big screen...HD tv is great!

Been a Reds fan all of my life. As currently being debated on another thread, I refer to the Reds as MY TEAM. Also, a die hard UM fan. Root for the Bengals, but nothing like the passion that I have for the Reds/UM. My life actually revolves around Sat. UM games and Reds games. It is really sad...fortunately, I've been this way my entire life, so it's no surprise to the wife when I feed her the reason why we can't do a dinner date on a Sat when the Reds have a 7:05 game.

Nothing really else...my aunt married John Candelaria when I was a kid...now divorced...so I remember playing ball with the Candyman...had to have married him for his money, cause he had a face only a momma could love.

Also, somehow have some relationship to former base coach Tommy Helms, so he got me down on the field in the late 80's. Somehow my Grandma knew him or something if I can recall correctly.

Have been on this board since it moved from the cincy.com mess. I am here everyday and count on this site for intelligent exchange of information about my team.

Turn Off Ads?