Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bender Update !!!

"So Fla Red"

Bender Update !!!

Just poking fun at some of the old days when this was a daily reminder... :mhcky21:

Bender

BA: .240
    OPS: .680
    TB: 41
    RC; 14.9

Player X

BA: .394 (MLB #1)
    OPS 1.081 (MLB #7)
    TB: 124 (MLB #2)
    RC: 49.5 (MLB #5 and 1B #1)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bender Update !!!

Small sample size!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

For a Level Playing Field

Player X? Is that Speed Racer's long lost brother (you young-pups won't understand!)?!?! Player X... I love it.

This Player X character is having a heck of year so far. I wonder if he has a good attitude, gets along with teammates and is well-received by the fans and opposing teams?

Back before HRs meant everything... Player X would be in serious consideration for the N.L. MVP award.

If player X hits .380 and Team Y makes the playoffs Player X WILL BE the NL MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27
    If player X hits .380 and Team Y makes the playoffs Player X WILL BE the NL MVP.
    And Manager Z will be Manager of the Year. But will that be enough for a contract extension?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    And Manager Z will be Manager of the Year. But will that be enough for a contract extension?
    Probably not if banned from baseball ex-manager A is reinstated to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Not if Big-O has anything to say about it.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Player X definitely seems to be playing better than the Name Brand 1Bs.

The" I-mobile" is back.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    The" I-mobile" is back.
    The I-Mobile lives again.

What a BEAU-TI-FUL looking set of wheels!

What's the point of these threads?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    The same point as the Bender update threads.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    That maybe the boys wouldn't be 30-21 without Player X. Or that the run differential would be about 35 fewer without player X. Or that a roster of $325K sub-par guys would be the worst team in baseball.

And last but not least, giving some much deserved props to so-called Player X (and if it also pokes some gentle fun then who am I to complain!) :mhcky21:

I've been expecting this thread for a few days, after all Ben has been in a bad slump dragging his average down from .290 where it was for most of the season. It's time to mark him up as a failure but let us not forget the Reds' failures too in their own slumps- Kearns, Larue, Jimenez, Dunn.

Ben, in his rookie year, matched Casey. Sure he is not going to do that this year, but lets see where he ends up at season's end before we take fun from his failure. Let's wait a bit on player X too. If Casey slips, so do the Reds.

Also do not forget that the player the Reds received in return in that shrewd trade is now toiling in Buffalo below BB.

Broussard shoos away his slump
    Monday, May 31, 2004
    Paul Hoynes
    Plain Dealer Reporter
    Strange thoughts were bubbling in Ben Broussard's head.

He talked about burning incense or, maybe, a bat. He was open to any suggestion when Casey Blake offered him his old baseball shoes.

"They were size 12," Broussard said. "Casey said there were a lot of hits in them."

Broussard didn't need to hear another word. He grabbed the shoes, laced them up and waited for the hits to come Sunday in the Tribe's 4-3 victory over Oakland.

It took a while.

Tim Hudson struck out Broussard in the second inning. He bounced out to first in the fourth. By the time Broussard batted in the seventh, he was 0-for-27 and felt like he'd been fitted with a cement overcoat for the next episode of "The Sopranos."

"You start feeling that weight," Broussard said.

The weight lifted when Broussard lined a single off Eric Chavez's glove at third base.

"It's like when you hit your first big-league home run . . . you don't remember anything," he said.

Broussard has been through slumps in the minors, but never in the big leagues.

"This is a different demon up here," he said.

Broussard was happy the Indians won and that he went through a slump like this in May instead of September.

"I've got four months to build on it," he said. "I can enjoy the off-day and come back Tuesday and start from ground zero."

As for Blake's shoes, Broussard is keeping them.

Turn Off Ads?