Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RedsFest Cancelled for the next 2 years...

Re: RedsFest Cancelled for the next 2 years...

I've never been to RedsFest before... how large is it, anyway?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Apparently 190,000 sq ft. ,....non-negotiable.

Why not scale down Redsfest and spend maybe three weekends and have a smaller Redsfest in say, Dayton, Columbus, Lexington, or Indianapolis. Pick three locations and have a smaller event so they could combine the caravan and Redsfest together. This would probably be a bit more costly and more of a hassle, but it would have greater fan attendance as it would be coming out to the fans. Cincinnati fans could make the trip to Dayton, so they wouldn't be left with too long of a ride, and other fans from further away could attend with much more ease. Probably not a realistic idea, but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

I forgot to add that the Redsfest could spend a Friday night/Saturday at each location, and players could come as possible. I'm sure it could be worked out that a couple big names highlight each stop on the tour. Minor players could fill out so each city could have a nice autograph selection for people interested in that.
    Last edited by Caseyfan21; 06-01-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    US Bank arena has a lot of seating...but their floor area is not really that big. I think it would be cramped in there.
    Yeah, it probably would be. But there are several ways to do this without having to cancel it. Using the Westin could be a good idea. You'd have to break things up in different areas but I'm sure it could be done.

This is starting to sound an awful lot like that HOF fiasco. The Reds said that they didn't have the money to complete it this year and people got angry. Then Carl rides in on his white horse and says, "Get it done." I can just see Carl come in a couple of days from now and tell them to "Get it done." Such is PR for the Reds. Tick people off and then have some one come in and save the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Well that stinks..ditto on the BOOOO :thumbdn:
    Go Gators!

Just ridiculous :thumbdn:

The city will chime in with something to solve it. Probably Ms. Reese herself (insert eye rolling).

If news gets out that events can't be handled here because of the convention center being renovated then other groups that have annual things here at the convention center will begin looking at other areas. They will find a solution for those groups and probably the Reds if the outcry from the fans is loud enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    The city will chime in with something to solve it.
    Oh, God, that's even worse.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    It's pretty big. There are a gazillion turnstiles to deal with ... lines for getting tickets to get autographs, then lines for actual autographs and photos. Plus there are a lot of vendors, Reds-related booths, kids' activities, and the big seating area for the Reds Q&A's and whatnot.

It is not, however, so big that it couldn't be held somewhere else.

Sigh. I still can't get over this. Guess I'll start my letter-writing campaign tonight. Thanks for the e-mail address TeamDunn and Creek!

More bad PR for the Reds. How surprising.

When I first heard this news that it was being cancelled due to a lack of space, I thought "baloney". There's plenty of facilities big enough to hold this event. What about the Cintas Center? What about Shoemaker Center? What about US Bank Arena? If the Reds really wanted to hold this event, they could find a facility for it. I just named three of them.
    I hate the Cubs!!

Retired

The Reds never cease to amaze me with their bumbling idiotic moves. Amazing, totally amazing. :thumbdn:

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Yet another in a long line of Reds PR blunders, horrible timing, and more proof that the fans do not matter and only finances do.

Hope they're happy :thumbdn:
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 06-01-2004 at 07:04 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Red Flash

Yet another sign management will do jack crap on or before July 31st!

-Long live the 1st Amendment!-

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flash
    -Long live the 1st Amendment!-
    If you have a problem abiding by the rules of the board, I'm sure some other board will be more hospitible to your passion for the 1st Amendment.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

If the event actually needed 190,000 square feet, to whip up some math for a moment, that's roughly the size of four football fields. Not many facilities have that space in total, much less contiguous.

So what would you do? Have it scattered into multiple facilities? Cancel some of the stuff that requires a lot of space? Limit the number of available tickets? Not taking a position one way or the other. Just askin'.

Turn Off Ads?