Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RedsFest Cancelled for the next 2 years...

Re: RedsFest Cancelled for the next 2 years...

Paul Brown Stadium? They have a pretty huge section in there where they rent out space for parties. The enclosed area goes all the way around the field.

Time to start writing letters!!

marketing@reds.mlb.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

US Bank Arena is right next door to the ballpark (batting cages!) which is right next door to the front office (autographs!) which is right next door to the Reds Hall of Fame (memorabilia!). Do it there or scale it back for two years. :idea: :mad:
    Makes all the routine posts.

Hmmmmm.......maybe the 'space' they are talking about is the lack of one in their budget to do any thing worthwhile......

Just hope the Reds keep on winning!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    Time to start writing letters!!

marketing@reds.mlb.com
    C'mon, you know that e-mail will just bounce back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I would think that moving it to Columbus, Dayton, Lexington, Indianapolis, or Louisville would be a good PR gesture both from the standpoint of attempting to woo fans from that city and also the continuance of RedsFest (I'm assuming these cities have convention facilities sufficiently big enough).

I would imagine there would be logistical problems moving it 50 miles away but not insurmountable.

A completely seat-of-the-pants statement, but I don't think the US Bank Arean would be big enough. Don't know about PBS.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

All dyslexics must untie!

Take that weekend and patronize the new Red's museum, instead. I'm probably the worst Red's fan to offer empathy in this regard, since I've never attended a RedsFest and I'm not likely to visit the Queen city in the near (or far) future.

(Free Blazer "scrimmages" are more my style, although I did shell out a few bucks to see 'em absolutely toast the Celtics, a few months back)
    Never overlook the obvious

Reds Marketing Dept email Of course Reds Marketing is a bit of an oxymoron.

Write the Reds:
    Cincinnati Reds
    100 Main St.
    Cincinnati, OH 45202

Call the Reds:
    (513) 765-7000
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Gotta admit. This is a dorky one. :whack:
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Do the Reds lose money on Redsfest?

What costs do they have other than the rental space...do they have to pay the players to be there? Pay for their travel and stay? Pay their employee's?

Is it $5.00 a day to get in? Does that cover expenses?

The revenue it brings the city in the form of hotel stays, food & beverage and parking should get them some kind of break along the way???

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Well, you wouldn't expect the Reds (Allen) to be able to think outside the box and come up with an alternative?
    It's easier just to sieze the opportunity to cancel it when you have a convienent
    scapegoat. It's not a revenue generator anyhow, so it's low on Allen's list of priorities..
    Wasn't it his idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I would think that moving it to Columbus, Dayton, Lexington, Indianapolis, or Louisville would be a good PR gesture both from the standpoint of attempting to woo fans from that city and also the continuance of RedsFest (I'm assuming these cities have convention facilities sufficiently big enough).

I would imagine there would be logistical problems moving it 50 miles away but not insurmountable.

A completely seat-of-the-pants statement, but I don't think the US Bank Arean would be big enough. Don't know about PBS.
    I doubt moving it to one of those cities is going to be worth the expense in taking it there. Besides, the folks from around here make up the vast majority of fans so taking it somewhere else would be a slap in the face to them.

If US Bank Arena is big enough to have hockey games and tractor pulls, they can most certainly have Reds Fest.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

[QUOTE=creek14
    Call the Reds:
    (513) 765-7000[/QUOTE]

We should organize calling schedules for the locals. Each hour and half hour during business days we bombard them. :mhcky21:

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    If US Bank Arena is big enough to have hockey games and tractor pulls, they can most certainly have Reds Fest.
    US Bank arena has a lot of seating...but their floor area is not really that big. I think it would be cramped in there.

Thank You

Thank you for sending your questions or suggestions. Your experience is important to us! The Cincinnati Reds will review your email and get back to you very soon.

Yeah I won't be holding my breath for that email.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Besides, the folks from around here make up the vast majority of fans so taking it somewhere else would be a slap in the face to them.
    You have obviously never tried to drive north on 75 after a game. It doesn't thin out until Dayton.

Turn Off Ads?