Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should I make this trade?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Should I make this trade?

Thought I'd throw this out, and see what kind of response I get...

5x5 league I was offered sheff & smoltz for Manny & Urbina.

I've got graves, Jorge Julio, & Rhodes at closer. I've got Vlad, Giles, Pierre, Green, Dunn, & Texiera for the 3 OF slots, 1B, & the Utility slot.

Should I make this trade?

Re: Should I make this trade?

Man, I don't know. I could never trade Manny Ramirez if I had him, which oddly enough, I never have. You are definately improving at closer and with Rhodes anything but a sure thing, that may be worthwhile for you and its not like Sheff isn't a stud, he's just not putting up the power numbers he normally does, but that might change. I don't know, tough call. I wouldn't say its a bad trade and I wouldn't say its an excellent trade, so whichever way you feel about it, I'd go with that. If it feels right, do it. If it doesn't, don't.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I wouldn't. Sheff might turn it around, but then again, he might not.

Don't do it, Sheff's hand is going to bother him all year and JS is also a tweaked elbow away from a daily tee time.

I have Manny myself and he's healthy and happy and hitting. Plus he's in a real hitters park for him, Sheff plays 1/2 his games in Yankee Stadium a place tradionally poor for RH hitters.

Thanks everyone. That was kind of my gut feeling, but I've been trying like the dickens to make a 2 for 1 trade in anticipation of Prior coming off the DL. I think I've shifted thru 10 or so trade offers one way or the other, and this was the only one I thought worth examining. W/ the way the reds are going, and the way they keep handing graves the ball, I have a huge lead in the saves departmen. I'm not sure the plus I gain w/ smoltz is worth the negative I partake w/ sheff.

Turn Off Ads?