Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You think Reds players read Redzone?

Re: You think Reds players read Redzone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    How you doin', Catch? How's Chris liking it in ATL? Don't be a stranger.
    Yo yo - I'm doin' fine. I haven't been a stranger around here, just don't post as much as I used to. Afterall, with Chris gone I don't have any more opportunity to start posts about how Bob Boone hated Chris and did him wrong I still visit to read the various discussions. I still spend more time here than I do at the Braves board. That board is pretty flashy, but pretty low on substance. I much prefer it here. Much better baseball knowledge.

Chris is slowly settling in to Atlanta - getting to know people. The usual pick up and move to a new city routine. He is enjoying things over there and they seem to be pretty happy with him. Though the jokes have already started over there about how they are in the tank with him, and the Reds are on fire without him. He has already suggested that if the Braves need to take Florida down later on that they should trade him to them so the the team and the city will be visited by apocolyptic plagues and losing streaks of biblical proportions. I think he is taking it pretty well, but it does make a guy go Hmmm. The amount of injuries that the Braves have had to deal with this year have been amazing - and their stats show the effect.

Back to the thread topic. I think you would be suprised at how many people associated with the team casually read this site. Be proud of that here, but also me mindful of the eyes that will read your thoughts. I always try to use the 'would I say this to his face' measuring stick before saying anything, especially something personal, about a player.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't know about any Reds visiting this site now, but I do know Bret Tomko used to read the message board and frequent the chatroom.

I also know of some ex-ball players who used to chat at the old Fastball chatroom. Boy, I miss that place. I don't think they will mind my telling who they are since that site is gone. They were very discreet and used their baseball nicknames. These guys were friends and it was their way of staying in touch. You will probably be surprised to know that some of the "older" guys are quite computer savy.

George Brett, Robin Yount, Paul Molitor and Jim Gantner chatted there regularly and I also know that Todd Helton visited there sometimes.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

If I could get a sign, like if one of the Reds gave a post-game interview and gave a shout out to "Thug" Hummel or "Icy Hot" then we will all know.

I had an experience last year that made me think Brian Reith might read here. I was on 75 way before game time and I saw a hot car up ahead of me. So I sped up to check it out. As I pulled a long side I gave a quick glance to the driver and low and behold it was Brian. I didn't stare, didn't wave, nothing. I just passed on by. Well my plates are creek14 (and were long before RedsZone came to be). In my mirror I saw him looking at the back of my car and then he pulled up beside me and was looking in at me. And it's not like I'm hot or anything, so he wouldn't have been looking for that reason. Oh wait, Adam might be reading this, so yes, yes I am hot. Sizzling. En fuego, baby.

Anyway, I always thought it a little weird that he would be trying to see who was driving. Made me think he had read many of my deep and insightful posts here.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Please tell me his plate didn't read "Drew." :
    Makes all the routine posts.

Just a thought but with the exception of Chris Reitsma (thanks to Catch), how would the players know about RedsZone? The Cincinnati.com board I can understand, but this one is a little tougher to find.

BTW, Catch. I miss Chris sooooo much and wish he was here to enjoy the team's success with his old buddies. In fact, if he were here, they might even be more successful.

Regarding chat rooms... I agree that Danny and Sean meant real-time chat rooms and not message boards. There's a word of difference.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

If you do a search for *Cincinnati Reds Message Board* you will eventually get to a listing for Redszone.

I found this place via the board at cincinnatireds.com I think.

Plus if one player knows about it, all of them will know about it. I think word of mouth and it is an easy URL to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    how would the players know about RedsZone?
    The same way as anyone who has joined us in the past couple years. A quick search for 'Reds message board' on google, popped this up.

RedsZone Forums - powered by vBulletin
    ... - RedsZone, ... Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment ... delete and/or
    edit any messages that violate ...
    www.redszone.com/ - 27k - Jun 2, 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

I would guess catch22 mentioned it to Chris at some point. And I have heard it mentioned on WLW on more than one occasion.

RedsZone, we're everywhere.

And we did send that get well to Jr last year (to his home, the park and somewhere else) with RedsZone plastered all over it.

Plus I might have emailed Todd Jones and mentioned it...
    Last edited by creek14; 06-03-2004 at 09:35 PM.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Thanks. That's good to know. I hope if they do read that they don't get too depressed (or angry)!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Thanks. That's good to know. I hope if they do read that they don't get too depressed (or angry)!
    Unless it gets Jr mad!! : Nice way for fans to help him get closer to Bonds!!!!

You know it would be funny to find out how many times they liked one poster one day and thought that same poster didn't know a bat from a ball the next.

It would almost be funny to have them send in a collective thought something like:

We think that the poster "RIGORMORTIS" should be traded away. His lack of fundamental baseball knowledge is not worthy of REDSZONE and he is dead wrong a majority of the time. Now there is a guy on one of those AAA Reds message boards, ESPN.com, that is showing signs of being a worthwhile poster. You should see if you can trade for "REDHEART".
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Coug, are you insane? RIGORMORTIS is a great clubhouse guy, and even though his post count is down a bit this season from his career norms, so is guerney's, and you don't hear anyone screaming to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Coug, are you insane? RIGORMORTIS is a great clubhouse guy, and even though his post count is down a bit this season from his career norms, so is guerney's, and you don't hear anyone screaming to trade him.

Are you serious? He has a bad attitude this year! Refuses to give interviews, will not talk to the players...just is lifeless...lays around like a lazy slug! Somebody should check on him to see if he is even breathing sometimes because he shows no life whatsoever...and he certainly does not look like he is having fun in here! :

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...hlight=Griffey

I wonder if Griff ever saw this? I tried to get it to Griffey through some of the Cincinnati beat writers to try to move this thread to him directly when they got an interview or what not... Never heard if he got it...

Regardless of whether he received it, that was a great idea, smith, and a very nice gesture. :GAC:

Turn Off Ads?