Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You think Reds players read Redzone?

tremere

Re: You think Reds players read Redzone?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Curt Schilling is known for posting on his team's message boards, starting when he was with the Phillies.
    That would be great to see, but I have a question for ya: can you PROVE it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow! Did you ever share this with RedsZone before? If yes, I never saw it. It's great.

One complaint though, I don't see TeamBoone on there!

I almost forgot, you should try to get this through one more time (and on the Enquirer Griffey Message Board... see this thread http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24005). You could change the wording to have something to do with his climb to 500 home runs.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-03-2004 at 11:23 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Trem:
    Schilling being on the message boards was all over ESPN this past offseason. He was at the sons of sam website, a red sox site. I read most of his posts. Cool guy. He admitted it was him on BBTN or sportscenter. They did a special on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Coug, are you insane? RIGORMORTIS is a great clubhouse guy, and even though his post count is down a bit this season from his career norms, so is guerney's, and you don't hear anyone screaming to trade him.

Hilarious!

I must be hidden behind Griffey's back!
    And Doug Flynn posts here? lol we could use him.

TB, that card to Jr was posted on a sticky for about a week. Whoever wanted their name added to it just let smith know and he added it. Must have been when you were out of town with your mom.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I think we were in NY camping when the card was up. I remember coming back and reading this huge long thread about it. I thought it was pretty cool.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

It seems like I saw an article or something stating that a lot of the MLB players play fantasy baseball with regularity. If any of them played Fox FB last year I beat them all

I don't know how I missed the card? That was July 2003?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

FWIW, if you put "Cincinnati Reds" in Yahoo search, RedsZone.com comes up as the #5 Web result. That's how I found RedsZone and with the description: "online chat and message board forum for Reds' fans, by Reds' fans" it could attract a player's attention fairly easily

It was right after one of his injuries last year...I want to say the shoulder one, but was it the season ending one?

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    You know it would be funny to find out how many times they liked one poster one day and thought that same poster didn't know a bat from a ball the next.

It would almost be funny to have them send in a collective thought something like:

We think that the poster "RIGORMORTIS" should be traded away. His lack of fundamental baseball knowledge is not worthy of REDSZONE and he is dead wrong a majority of the time. Now there is a guy on one of those AAA Reds message boards, ESPN.com, that is showing signs of being a worthwhile poster. You should see if you can trade for "REDHEART".
    Reminds me of a part in the Woody Allen movie "Annie Hall"...

When the pseudo-intellectual ramblings of the man behind him in the movie theater line become unbearable, Allen turns to the camera in frustration: “What I wouldn’t give for a large sock with horse manure in it. What do you do when you get stuck in a movie line with a guy like this behind you?”

When the intellect tries to validate his insights into film, television, and Marshall McLuhan, explaining that he teaches a class at Columbia called “TV, media and culture,” Allen pulls off the greatest movie theater lobby trick on film.

From just off-camera on the right side of the screen, he produces Marshall McLuhan himself. McLuhan then proceeds to excoriate the rogue pontificator, “You know nothing of my work. ... How you ever got to teach a course in anything is totally amazing,” and strikes a blow for all time against pseudo-intellectualism.

Of course, Allen turns back to the camera and says, “Boy, if life were only like this.”
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...hlight=Griffey

I wonder if Griff ever saw this? I tried to get it to Griffey through some of the Cincinnati beat writers to try to move this thread to him directly when they got an interview or what not... Never heard if he got it...

Great picture... great great great gesture... I hope he got to see it so he knows there is still love in the 'Nati.

We need to put something together for his 500th home run.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Im going on vacation this week and wont have PC or Internet. Im going to hate it if he gets it while im gone.

I think it will be better suited as a congradulatory one for the 500th. With his 500th swing as the centerepiece of my montage.

What do you think?

That would be nice.

What do you work with Smith? Photoshop?

Turn Off Ads?