Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who exercises on a daily basis...or every other day?

Who exercises on a daily basis...or every other day?

Just curious.

What do you do? How do you fit it in?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who exercises on a daily basis...or every other day?

I get a lot of eye/hand exercise. Reading RedsZone. Typing on RedsZone.

Seriously, though. I go to the gym on my days off. That's all I can fit in since my regular work days are 7am to 7pm.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I walk, my favorite places to do it are shopping malls (Tri County mall is a good one) inside, cool and if you do it early not a lot of people around, certainly not gonna walk around outside with the Cicadas trying to hitch a ride

I try to get out and walk about 4-5 times a week
    Go Gators!

I try to get 4-5 days in a week

3 times I'll go out mountain bike riding or ride my stationary for 30 minutes.

Or else I'll do some light weight lifting ( more reps than pounds) or some yoga (got a bad back so sometimes I'll have to skip) otherwise walk, walk, walk.

I lift weights five times a week after work. It just so happens that even though I work for a private firm we are completely funded through the govt, so we have regular hours. So everyday I am outta there at 5 and instead of fighting the traffic I head to the gym.

It helps when you have a set schedule, like on weekends i can't get my lazy butt to the gym even though I'd like to add a sixth day - but the couch, Reds games on the net, just too hard.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Creek - Yup, I do that workout a lot too! : We should film it and sell it!

Krono & WOY Walking is my absolute favorite exercise. (Next to the Redszone workout! ) Our mall that was perfect to walk in is just about gone now (Crestview). Florence Mall is just too congested! I went out there last week and they have so much crap out in the middle of the mall floor you can hardly walk by. I have several Leslie Sansone in home walking workouts...they are fun and you move around more than walking outside (since you are doing stuff with your arms too). I just lack the motivation to do it!!! I want to get an elliptical so bad. When I actually used the gym membership I paid for I loved that thing! When I first got on it I could do about 4 minutes and I felt like I was having a heart attack. In a matter of weeks (maybe a month) I was up to an hour. My feet got numb though...that was a weird feeling. I've got a bad back too...scared to death of Yoga.

Puffy I have a few dumbbells around here...up to about 10 pounds. I have way too many fitness videos using weights...I need to actually use them. :

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I have three boxer dogs that I walk twice a day, sometimes several miles depending on how hot it is.

I also lift weights nightly in my spare room. Just dumbells and free weights.

I'd love to do more cardio, just never enough time.

I run a mile twice a week, do an upper-body workout twice a week, and play softball on Wednesdays.

On weekends, I do beer curls.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I lift weights for about an hour every other morning. The other days I run/walk a mile (combo effect going.) And daily do various yoga excercises, if that counts.

And hockey throughout the week usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

In the morning, every morning, before I shower up for work; crunches, free weights (reps), and then a jog. I also walk/bicycle everywhere (no car), so that helps to keep the beer gut in check as well.

As far as fitting it in, once I got into the habit of getting up ~1/2 hr earlier than normal, it was really no problem at all. I'm less likely to do anything in the evening after I get off work, so I get up early and do everything then.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Except for the last month (traveling, laziness, etc) I've tried to work out 4+x a week since mid-January. I did lose about 20lbs and am closer to where I want/need to be (mid-170s). I was down to 168 two years ago and that's my goal, but I'm happy anywhere in the 170's if my body's happy.

I spend about 60-90 minutes in the gym. 20-30 minutes of cardio (eliptical machine, my knees don't like running as much) and 30-70 minutes of weights (mainly free weights).

I'm starting my routine back up tonight after my month or so off so I look good at my brother's wedding next month. The whole family will be there and I'll be imortalized in pictures, so I'd like to be in shape.

Bike riding would be fun on the weekends. There are some great parks/trails around me here in Michigan. Thanks for the idea, WOY.

Time is the Revelator.

I lift every other day and I try and jog everyday, even if it is just into my kitchen.

I got bored in the winter doing the treadmill and videos. (So bad, that I'd lock my door and airband around the room for an hour. Don't tell anyone, that's embarrassing.)

This week, I've been cutting down some smaller trees and limbs with a hand saw and taking them out in the woods. Pretty good exercise and kind of constructive and fun for me. The little guy joins me too ....... he says no way to exercise videos. Looks at me like I'm nuts.

I used to alternate all kinds of things like shooting hoops, walking, biking. I get bored very quickly. I need projects. I'll probably feel differently when the thermometer hits 85-90 though.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

My recipe for keeping off weight:

Combine the following:

(a) 1 infant child
    (b) a wife who travels up & down the east coast for work
    (c) a "new" house that's 65 years old
    (d) a lawn that hasn't had any tree trimming or pruning done for, oh, I don't know, a good quarter century

set the oven to "georgia" (in layman's terms, that means hot & humid), stick all of the ingredients in there, and don't ever take 'em out.

it's not exactly hitting the gym 5 days a week, but it keeps the weight off as there isn't a whole lot of time on the sofa watching movies & eating ice cream. heck, i've dropped 10 pounds in the past 4 months doing nothing but cutting grass, busting up tree stumps, and wrestling a 10 month old every night at bath time.

on the rare occasion when I have the time, I like going for a walk, run, or even playing some competitive volleyball. weights are ok, too.

But those occasions are getting fewer and farther apart...

Bump. I am thrilled. I have had Achilled Tendonitis for months. I am a runner and I have been hobbled and miserable. I finally sucked it up and went to my doc. He prescribed anti-inflammitories (2 days ago) and it has already improved! So much for self-treatment! Yeah, I know- who cares! But I am estatic! Gonna start all over again tomorrow and run 3 miles! (I hope!) I just gotta shout it out!

Turn Off Ads?